Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now, I can get much faster delivery of a real mule with proven yoke steering.
1621298592367.png

Does anyone know the expiration for the loan approval for those financing through Tesla? I was one of the fools that believed Elon when he stated they will start delivering in March and applied for financing at that time... today marks 90 days... I presume I will be notified that I will have to reapply tomorrow or switch to cash payment until we have a more definitive timeline (aka VIN). My account still shows June 1-30 delivery, but expect that will change for me tomorrow if it is indeed a 90 day window.
Do not expect a notification. I have not checked my account since I ordered 2/1, why would I? I just hang out here for all updates. After all this chatter about production, I checked my account page yesterday. Lo and behold, a big Red !- Need to redo loan on the lease.
RN # 1144
MS LR Blue/White
Delivery now August

Reactions: doubleshot
mine went from June 16-21 to "July" again.
Sorry that yours got pushed back to July but this may be a good sign for me; my account still says "August" and I ordered my MS Plaid just a week later on 2/5/21...so perhaps as I've said before, maybe just maybe, they might be able to deliver mine along with many others (which say "August" still) in July? Either that, or yours may get pushed even further to August. Ugh! :rolleyes::eek: We'll see.

Quite often, auto manufacturers showcase a new vehicle with some sort of styling or features that don’t end up in the actual production vehicles.
When a 1/2 yoke steering wheel was shown and revealed that it would be in the new refresh MS, everyone wanted to know if that was true and if so, how does it work when you cannot do hand-over-hand turns. So clearly, the correct thing to do is reveal how it works and assure everyone of its safety profile. Nothing crazy and unreasonable about that dude.
No, this is a very different case... the new Model S is definitely not a concept car.
Tesla has shown the final release candidate with very little specifics on the details.

No, this is a very different case... the new Model S is definitely not a concept car.
Tesla has shown the final release candidate with very little specifics on the details.
'nuff said. Tesla has great technology, no doubt about it. But when you change something that's really important, gee I don't know, say THE STEERING WHEEL, perhaps it might be wise to share some technical information for your customers and actual drivers of the vehicle on EXACTLY how the damn thing works (especially considering the round steering wheel in standard road cars hasn't really changed all that much since the automobile was invented)!?!?!?!

So Tesla is definitely still going through growing pains and needs to hire like 500 more logistics people.
+ ADD a large PR/Media Relations Dept + an actual MARKETING Dept + an actual Customer Service Dept full of Customer Service Reps who handle actual PHONE CALLS, E-mails, and all other customer service related issues and questions! Basically, the public company, Tesla Motors should rework their entire corporate structure from the top down and act like a big boy now 10+ years later as the EV competition heats up fast from Porsche/Audi/VW, GM, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Lucid, Rivian, BMW, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, JLR, etc.

It may be worth the wait

Tesla Model S Plaid may have just achieved a sub-1:30 lap around Laguna Seca

Uhm, what? I had 3 different people say "no problem, change the color"...did not change my RN, but who the f knows when my delivery date is now or where I fall in line (and tbh - I don't care all that much, I'd just like to know at this point).
I changed my interior color (to cream) two weeks after my order date and the “Order Agreement” in my profile page had the “updated date”. I understand from my SA that my position in the line went back a bit because I had a new Order date (original date was April 5, modification date was April 16).

How are they doing the PLAID designation on the rear trunk lid? Is it black like it should be since there's no real chrome anywhere? Or did they muck it up with chrome lettering? I haven't seen it yet on a production car. Thank you!

See 3:24. Two Blue Model S in a row. One LR, One Plaid (see carbon spoiler). Insignia looks Chrome to me.
1621302663264.png

1621302684401.png

This would be consistent with the insignias seen on test mules.

1621302763772.png

I feel like a salmon sweeping upstream. In my, not so humble opinion, I’m glad Tesla chooses not to spend their money on a public relations department, marketing department and a sales force focused on holding our hands thru the sales and delivery process. The resources are directed toward a product that speaks for itself. The folks that have jumped ship waiting for the refreshed Model S and X will spend the next few months and years justifying their decision.

Reactions: Tigers

See 3:24. Two Blue Model S in a row. One LR, One Plaid (see carbon spoiler). Insignia looks Chrome to me.
View attachment 663324

View attachment 663325

This would be consistent with the insignias seen on test mules.

View attachment 663326
Okay, thanks for posting that and answering my question. I guess I'll have to have it wrapped over with either CF, black or maybe just do the red lettering (on my white) MS Plaid? Can't have all blacked out trim with a chrome PLAID insignia. Geez. :p

Reactions: Drew-MS
I keep checking 3-4(Hundred) times a day. So far still June 1-30th

Buying a car shouldn’t be this stressful lol
It's only stressful because people are stressing when they could be chilling. Just keep putting gas in your Corvair/Monte Carlo/RX-7 until Tesla lets you know it's time and in the meantime play your favorite sport, drink an occasional beer, tell your wife again how much you appreciate her, and watch some movies.

Last edited: