Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the website
53FF4010-70A1-4344-9D20-2BEE73D6FAE0.jpeg

Reactions: FlatSix911
+ ADD a large PR/Media Relations Dept + an actual MARKETING Dept + an actual Customer Service Dept full of Customer Service Reps who handle actual PHONE CALLS, E-mails, and all other customer service related issues and questions! Basically, the public company, Tesla Motors should rework their entire corporate structure from the top down and act like a big boy now 10+ years later as the EV competition heats up fast from Porsche/Audi/VW, GM, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Lucid, Rivian, BMW, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, JLR, etc.

Bro, they've been mass producing cars maybe 3 years lol. Maybe. The first couple of years of model 3 were not exactly mass production. This is this first major refresh and retooling during an insane part and chip shortage which partially impacted them and some of their models in ways we don't know. Chill out. It's a 10 year old company in terms of making any cars. That's like infancy in automotive.

Not only that, they are making *sugar* you ain't ever seen before and that no one else even offers.

Last edited:
Reactions: lbowroom and Tigers
No plate or temp tag though. I guess the chrome PLAID designation doesn’t look bad since the TESLA logo in the center just below the rear cf lip spoiler is also chrome. Although I think both would look better if done in black.
Absolutely agree that black would be a better color for the Plaid badge. If I was getting one, I'd probably immediately remove the chrome variation.

Seriously, one ****ing picture? What is wrong with these people?! Christ!
Well, I don't have any pictures at all. Flew near the Fremont plant but air traffic would not let me get close enough.

Driving up, no sightings of cars. Driving back to LA from my landing point in Bakersfield, saw three trailers crawling up the 5 in Tjon pass. Two were the usual open car carriers full of M3 and MY.

A third, close behind, was a very distinctive carrier fully enclosed in a special wrap that appears new.

Let the speculation begin...

I believe the VIN gets generated as soon as the car is off the line and then it gets assigned to the first applicable order based on the database.
More likely the VIN is assigned to a configuration before assembly begins. The VIN could be matched to an order at any time.

In the old, low volume days, a VIN would be assigned to an order soon after submission. Then shared with the customer as production began. Due to batch sequencing, VINs were not sequential as vehicles left the line.

I think VINs are now matched to orders as vehicles leave the line, or are en route to the delivery point.

When we ordered my wife’s Model 3 Stealth Performance in August 2018, I got a call with the VIN in early September. Through BNSF railroad’s freight tracking system, I found it was at a lot waiting to be loaded onto a rail car for shipment East.

After it was sitting in the lot a few days, I called the person who gave me the VIN. I reminded them it was a cash sale and assured him the funds were in my bank account. Soon afterwards the car was on a train.