Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the average Tesla owner is either a poser or living in a liberal city.

We are talking about the Model S, correct?

The Model 3/Y are double percentage points cheaper. Just like, I wouldn't consider the Plaid, as it is ~50% more expensive. Just because I can buy the LR doesn't mean I should think "hey, what's 50% more?"

I'm aware of the stats they list in that article. Not exactly what matches up to reality. Just look at this thread of people alone.

But, hey whatever choice people want to make with their money. More power to them!

Reactions: JackD
With as many times as my date has changed.. I am pretty sure this is their algorithym
1621528423618.png

We are talking about the Model S, correct?

The Model 3/Y are double percentage points cheaper. Just like, I wouldn't consider the Plaid, as it is ~50% more expensive. Just because I can buy the LR doesn't mean I should think "hey, what's 50% more?"

I'm aware of the stats they list in that article. Not exactly what matches up to reality. Just look at this thread of people alone.

But, hey whatever choice people want to make with their money. More power to them!
Yes, it lists the Model S average owner as a white male in his mid 50's with an average household income of 153K.

We are like twins. Same order month etc. Hope to see you at pickup! Wonder if we will get to at least drive these things around the parking lot at Marina Del Rey before we have to pay the final amount!
Haha, yes! Though I'm super anxious to get the car since I sold my S5 allllll the way back in November! They could probably give me a pedal-pwered Flintstones-mobile and I'd take it at this point.

Reactions: msm859
If, on the low end, you are buying an $80K car (before taxes) with less than $250k a year coming in...you're either a poser or are making a huge financial mistake.

I'm relatively young - not married and have no kids nor a mortgage - no chance in hell I'd even bother looking at this car below $250K.

This is a simple-minded observation as it doesn’t account for other assets a person may have, like liquid equity positions.

Yes I did - confirmed it on refresh announcement day.
And gone again
At this point, I don't see a reason to check Tesla's website since nothing on it is set in stone. My insurance information varies from a checkmark to a loading wheel & a drop down (I believe to be) written in Norwegian. As I reported, I lost my 6/1-6/30 estimated delivery date this morning and believe that I am one of the earliest pre-refresh orders to have lost that date. As everyone has reported, SAs are wholly unreliable at this point. This is my first Tesla and I'm hating this purchasing experience. Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi never treated me this way. I hope that this poor excuse for customer service and communications doesn't sour me on the vehicle itself, if and when I ever receive it.

This is a simple-minded observation as it doesn’t account for other assets a person may have, like liquid equity positions.

True - but the overall point remains: for those waiting on the tax credit - just know Biden is trying to hold it for only household incomes of $249,999. IDK how many of you are in that boat, but I won't be waiting (which I figured would the case all along). Short-sighted of Biden, but whatevs.

Reactions: JackD
Yes I did - confirmed it on refresh announcement day.

At this point, I don't see a reason to check Tesla's website since nothing on it is set in stone. My insurance information varies from a checkmark to a loading wheel & a drop down (I believe to be) written in Norwegian. As I reported, I lost my 6/1-6/30 estimated delivery date this morning and believe that I probably am the only pre-refresh order to have lost that date. As everyone has reported, SAs are wholly unreliable at this point. This might be my first Tesla and I'm hating this purchasing experience. Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi never treated me this way. I hope that this poor excuse for customer service and communications doesn't sour me on the vehicle itself, if and when I ever receive it.
All bad feelings while quickly fade when you get behind the wheel of your new refreshed S, and experience the magic a Tesla Model S offers. And thats no yoke.