Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah unless they actually removed the radar component. That would be incredibly stupid though.

Edit: after reading Reddit and posts on here, sounds like the text from Tesla was legit and numerous people are being told the same thing regarding a software update. So it it's likely legit.

Now, why can't they deliver the cars with the old software? Hmm...

Anyway, this seems to be for model 3 and model y.
I'm going to guess that they switched to a new supplier for some component due to a parts shortage and they need new software for the new part.

Reactions: BrandonLive
Ive been saying it for months the smoking gun that the S was near release was v11. Seems that the changes they have made to the new system is working it’s way down to the 3 and y also.
Before I get flamed I’m not saying the delay was 100% due to software but software plays a major role in our cars especially a complete revamp of the entire system and now how fsd will work going forward. Every time Elon delayed the fsd beta and subscription of the fsd package that showed how delayed Tesla is on the software. If they truly release the model s next week then we should start seeing v11 rolling out to other models.

i remember someone mentioning why not build the model s, ship them out and then install the software update. Months ago that was not feasible since the update was not ready but now that’s probably what will happen since we are seeing model s cars shipped out of Fremont but no one has received a vin.

For those of us that ordered the Plaid - good news. Lets see if it sticks over the next week.

Reactions: Atomadam
When I researching this that was one of the FAQ's on a PPF site. They said by the time you get your vehicle from the factory, the paint is cured enough to wrap.
My understanding is that this is true in general, but most cars sit on a boat for months or otherwise are waiting somewhere before you get it. Tesla vehicles, especially if you’re on the west coast, may have just been painted a few days before you get it (or even less time if you’re near Fremont).

Last edited:
Yes, slightly off topic post. After this settlement and Tesla’s bitcoin loss they must be having trouble finding the funds for the interior trim pieces. 😆
Read the comments below the posted article on Electrek. Posters from Norway explain it was the lowest court (similar to Small Claims Court in USA) and Tesla did not even file a response. Bad PR, but way too early in the process to claim Tesla will have to pay anybody anything.

Looking at that Magic Eight Ball that Tesla calls my account status page, my delivery date status has changed twice in the last 24 hours.

It has been 'blank' with "IsFromAdminTool ":"true" for about 10 days.

Yesterday it changed to a dash, and "IsFromAdminTool ":"false".

This morning it is back to 'blank' and "IsFromAdminTool ":"true" again.

Not sure what this means, coming from the Magic Eight Ball delivery predictor.

Last edited:
For what it’s (not)worth: I just spoke with one of the Tesla Charlotte,NC SAs. He said he thinks that for my order that July is a reasonable possibility. He said VIN assignment will definitely happen before a delivery notice.

Blank currently. Never had an estimated delivery date aside from the brief initial 4-10 weeks.

I can live with a July delivery. If it was to end up being September or later I might likely decide to wait for Rivian, F150 lightning, etc....

Looking at that Magic Eight Ball that Tesla calls my account status page, my delivery date status has changed twice in the last 24 hours.

It has been 'blank' with "DefaultDateAndTime":"true" for about 10 days.

Yesterday it changed to a dash, and "DefaultDateAndTime":"false".

This morning it is back to 'blank' and "DefaultDateAndTime":"true" again.

Not sure what this means, coming from the Magic Eight Ball delivery predictor.

Same roller coaster here.

Funny to see what stage people dealing with and some people going backwards.

I am almost through the case of tequila, does that mean that I will get a VIN soon?

Rfdcceb9b1243765caaaa87a28e67eeed
We don't consider what it must be like to be any Tesla employee working on our refresh or palladium project. We just want our cars. Consider the following 6 phases they are going through:

Enthusiasm
Dissilusionment
Panic
Search for the guilty
Punishment of the innocent
Praise and honors (June 3?) For the non participants

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
This is a serious question, not just a rant.. But coming from a first time Tesla-on-order-wanna-be-buyer: Why is the demand so high from such a POS company?? I'm a successful business owner myself (obviously not on Elon's scale) but if I ran my business even partially like Tesla with just a *sugar* load of hype, empty promises, no PR just-take-my-money, ZERO customer service, maybe we'll give you a car one day?... well, myself and anybody else would have been out of business a long time ago.

How is it that so many people are willing to just throw a hundred dollars at Tesla to place an order and then spend months (or years) anticipating getting something one day when you don't even really know what your actually buying? It seems to me to be an amazing business model that goes against all free market competition rules of success.

Honestly after placing my MS Plaid order a month ago and following this board since, and seeing all of your "stories".. I think I would be more than happy to buy (supposedly?) less of a car for more money from a competitor that had even the slightest inkling of what customer service is. Maybe let my dollar count for some real innovation in the EV market!

I mean this whole June /July / August / September / October online flip-flop delivery estimate (with everybody constantly refreshing the page like it means anything) is just absolute BS.. There are no monkeys working behind the scene, nobody has to take the website offline to update a delivery date or supply a VIN. If there are website updates going on it will simply be temporarily unavailable, available, or maybe errors. Anything else (like constantly flip-flopping dates) is most definitely just intentional *sugar* by Tesla to generate more talk and hype.

So seriously.. why support such a POS company with an order or buying a vehicle? It seems to me that at this point in time and with just a little bit of support, many other competitors are ready to step up and deliver more in the EV market?
Because, there is no completion at a similar price for a model S except another Tesla. That will change soon, and the "Sugar" will hit the fan IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leojsayta
For those of us that ordered the Plaid - good news. Lets see if it sticks over the next week.

Unfortunately not journalism. They just looked at a website (that has been that way for a while) and stated the obvious. MY SA and my magic eight ball are more reliable than that blog. Disappointed in them on most of their articles. The comments are really the best part.

At least they are getting the models/variants correct.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Unfortunately not journalism. They just looked at a website (that has been that way for a while) and stated the obvious. MY SA and my magic eight ball are more reliable than that blog. Disappointed in them on most of their articles. The comments are really the best part.

At least they are getting the models/variants correct.
I hear you Hayseed_MS. At least the website reflects the June delivery but as we all know, that could change in minutes. Time will tell...

Reactions: Hayseed_MS