Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone post the link to the Google delivery form please? Thank you
You mean the tracking sheet?

• Helpful
Reactions: AimStellar
Multiple different random people at different times have reported the LR Model S can hit 500 miles assuming good weather and low HVAC use. Now why Tesla would lie about this? I guess to keep demand for plaid+, which likely will do better than 522? I have no idea. Curious if they officially update it or just let people figure it out
How would random people know this? How did Tesla LIE about this? For example, most any EV can hit better numbers with steady state 35mph

You mean the tracking sheet?

Yes thank you.

Does anyone think there is any possibility that the Plaid is released with the 4680 batteries? I know everything we have heard from Tesla is that the 4680 won’t be available until late 2021, but we are almost in the 3rd qtr and the number of batteries that would be needed for such a limited production car would not be too extreme. I just think it is odd that battery safety was listed as the main reason for the delay and now the Plaid + can’t be ordered. Why would they stop taking deposits on the Plaid + when they have had no issue taking advance deposits for years on the Roadster and Cybertruck?

Elon claims that the Texas built late 2021 Model Y will have 4680 batteries. If this is the case, I would be pretty upset if I dropped 130K on a Plaid that had significantly inferior battery architecture to a Model Y that was released a few months later and is half the price.

Texas built Model Y to be fitted with 4680 cells

If the standard Plaid comes with the 4680 batteries it would be much easier for me to justify the added cost of the Plaid. I might just place a Plaid order and hope for a surprise on June 3rd. Am I crazy?

Last edited:
Has anyone's credit expired and had to reapply again due to the wait? My account is telling me I have to reapply.

Was to re-apply twice after credit expired 2 times.

Don't do it.

Wait until you get a VIN.

Ridiculous.

Anybody update their trade in recently? Just did mine for the third time, at last an upside surprise, value increased 13%. Pretty telling about the lack of supply for new and used cars out there. Now if only I had a MS delivery to actually trade it against. ED August, no change since early last week.

Updated twice as well. Value dropped $1,000.
Does anyone think there is any possibility that the Plaid is released with the 4680 batteries? I know everything we have heard from Tesla is that the 4680 won’t be available until late 2021, but we are almost in the 3rd qtr and the number of batteries that would be needed for such a limited production car would not be too extreme. I just think it is odd that battery safety was listed as the main reason for the delay and now the Plaid + can’t be ordered.

If the standard Plaid comes with the 4680 batteries it would be much easier for me to justify the added cost of the Plaid. I might just place a Plaid order and hope for a surprise on June 3rd. Am I crazy?

Nope. Edit: (To the possibility of initial Plaid orders shipping with 4680)

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS and DLCT
One of the announcements on 6/3 will be the increased range.
Does anyone think there is any possibility that the Plaid is released with the 4680 batteries? I know everything we have heard from Tesla is that the 4680 won’t be available until late 2021, but we are almost in the 3rd qtr and the number of batteries that would be needed for such a limited production car would not be too extreme. I just think it is odd that battery safety was listed as the main reason for the delay and now the Plaid + can’t be ordered. Why would they stop taking deposits on the Plaid + when they have had no issue taking advance deposits for years on the Roadster and Cybertruck?

I think it is possible. I believe Tesla is trying to up the range on non Plaid+ miles.

Anybody update their trade in recently? Just did mine for the third time, at last an upside surprise, value increased 13%. Pretty telling about the lack of supply for new and used cars out there. Now if only I had a MS delivery to actually trade it against. ED August, no change since early last week.
The used car market is super strong. It might be a good idea to see how much you can get for the car selling privately. Maybe list it for sale $5k more than Tesla's best offer and see what happens. If the car sells, great. If not, just trade it in.
I've mentioned this before; I sold my P100D in the 'for sale' section on TMC in a few days for $17k more than Tesla's offer.
Edit: since you're in CT, Carmax is probably pretty close

Last edited:
Reactions: DLCT
The used car market is super strong. It might be a good idea to see how much you can get for the car selling privately. Maybe list it for sale $5k more than Tesla's best offer and see what happens. If the car sells, great. If not, just trade it in.
Agree, will at that option. Obviously the convenience of trade in is nice but to get trade in plus the tax benefit plus a couple of K over and above would make a lot is sense.

Well, the Tesla Delivery Monkey™ has been mostly kind to me. My white exterior/black interior Plaid order (RN11442XXXX placed in late January) has stayed locked on "June 01-30" throughout all of the recent website changes and general weirdness.

The complicating thing is that I also have a Plaid+ order (RN11434XXXX) that I originally made well before the Model S refresh announcement that started out as a regular Plaid order (the only option available on the website back then) that automatically became a Plaid+ order after the refresh announcement. I'm REALLY hoping that we get some good, useful info that we can sink our teeth into on June 3rd about the Plaid and Plaid+. My main reason for making a regular Plaid order was that I was afraid the Plaid+ would be a little too aggressive for daily/family hauling duties.

Anyone else in my boat? My Plaid+ order agreement also still displays the original price which is $10k less than the current price. I fully expect that this has just been overlooked by Tesla and will quickly be adjusted by the Monkey closer to delivery with a "deal with it" shrug of the shoulders. 🐵
When did the Tesla Delivery Monkey get trade mark? Who did that? That could be a real money maker.

Well, the Tesla Delivery Monkey™ has been mostly kind to me. My white exterior/black interior Plaid order (RN11442XXXX placed in late January) has stayed locked on "June 01-30" throughout all of the recent website changes and general weirdness.

The complicating thing is that I also have a Plaid+ order (RN11434XXXX) that I originally made well before the Model S refresh announcement that started out as a regular Plaid order (the only option available on the website back then) that automatically became a Plaid+ order after the refresh announcement. I'm REALLY hoping that we get some good, useful info that we can sink our teeth into on June 3rd about the Plaid and Plaid+. My main reason for making a regular Plaid order was that I was afraid the Plaid+ would be a little too aggressive for daily/family hauling duties.

Anyone else in my boat? My Plaid+ order agreement also still displays the original price which is $10k less than the current price. I fully expect that this has just been overlooked by Tesla and will quickly be adjusted by the Monkey closer to delivery with a "deal with it" shrug of the shoulders. 🐵
I had a similar question earlier and the consensus appears to be that you will keep the $10k discount because your order agreement was for the Plaid+ offered at that price. Same is true for keeping the Autopilot pricing at $8k instead of $10k.

If you make any alterations to the order, the price resets to current price though.

Reactions: TNGuy99