Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone’s source have any info about LR deliveries? Im super-psyched for all the Plaid soon to be owners, but feeling dry here in the LR information desert. 😀. And excuse my ignorance, but what the H is the ambient lighting for? I’m beyond needing it anymore. 30 years ago I could have used it. 😀
The news I got (which I posted a few pages ago) is not good - I was told that LRs are not being manufactured at this time and that Tesla is prioritizing the higher-margin Plaids. That info has been refuted by two things: hundreds of LRs have been spotted by Gabeincal in his drone fly-overs; and the LR backlog is far larger than the Plaid backlog so Tesla must get to LR deliveries. Since then, I've been told that my vehicle has been assigned a vehicle production slot, whatever that means.

This. 0-60 is nice, but for me the benefit is when passing or getting out of sticky situations like someone blindly merging into your lane

FSD is transferrable with the car if it is sold via private transaction. If it goes through a dealer, Tesla has been stripping the FSD out--this causes all sorts of confusion and muddies trade-in pricing. You cannot take it with you if you purchase a new Tesla.

You continue to be under appreciated on this thread :)

I think there is a qualitative aspect to driver-assist, its not a commodity check box item where all implementations are essentially equivalent

I guess it depends on if you view FSD as an "app" or part of the operating system. In your example, Nintendo does charge you for a new license for their OS (it's hidden in the cost of the Switch) the same way you implicitly pay for a new Android or iOS license when you buy a new smartphone. What folks are asking for, a perpetual, transferrable license, would be priced even higher than it currently is. Software licensing is well understood science and there is some reasonable middle ground, if Tesla decides to take a different approach.
I am confused. If you go on Tesla web site to their used vehicles, they have 2017, 18 and 19 vehicles that have full self driving. My SA told me that those cars come with FSD and that is why they are more expensive than others. Does anyone know the real answer or all of us going to continue to share our opinions like we have been doing for months....and months.....and months.....

Reactions: T-Racer
The news I got (which I posted a few pages ago) is not good - I was told that LRs are not being manufactured at this time and that Tesla is prioritizing the higher-margin Plaids. That info has been refuted by two things: hundreds of LRs have been spotted by Gabeincal in his drone fly-overs; and the LR backlog is far larger than the Plaid backlog so Tesla must get to LR deliveries. Since then, I've been told that my vehicle has been assigned a vehicle production slot, whatever that means.

You have an LR order? Who told you that you have a slot? Hmm. Slot as in a reservation? Haha

Does the “production slot” designation show up on your account page?

Reactions: T-Racer

They didn't tell you that your production slot is March 2022...

I think people are simply misinterpreting the statement that they are prioritizing the Plaid deliveries to mean LRs aren't being manufactured. We've all seen LRs in the logistics and being loaded on trucks and driven away. They can "prioritize" Plaid deliveries and still make LRs. I saw somewhere 15,000,000,000 pages back that the ratio of LR to Plaid is huge. Probably why we are not seeing many July date ranges...gonna try to knock out as many Plaids as they can and then maybe we see some August dates become July and some September dates come back to August.

Then again, who the hell knows... 🤷‍♂️

Let me guess, "production slot" came from an SA?!?!

So...the short cable charger has been sold out for quite some time now on the Tesla sight. As August is approaching, I'm starting to get a little nervous about actually having the charger installed in time. Think maybe it's time to call an electrician, and have everything else done before the charger becomes available?
I just took a little time away from this site and upgraded my garage panel (from 50-100amp) and installed a 60 amp line to the new wall charger. Just finished last night. Including the wire pulling (to support the larger sub panel) and the sheetrock cutting etc. it was about 10 hours. Probably 20 hours of research and a couple of hours on the permitting process. It was kind of fun if you are so inclined.

The only help I got between by 18, 12, and 4 year olds was from my 4 year old who was invaluable during the wire pulling! Now I just need the car, which is August as of now.

So...the short cable charger has been sold out for quite some time now on the Tesla sight. As August is approaching, I'm starting to get a little nervous about actually having the charger installed in time. Think maybe it's time to call an electrician, and have everything else done before the charger becomes available?
It took my electrician about an hour to install my wall connector, but we put it right below the 200A breaker box and there was already plenty of capacity. Cost me $150. Sure charges my 2016 MS a lot faster than the mobile connector, even on a 20A outlet!

I just got a call that I picked up because it said "Freemont, CA." Tesla rep wanted to know whether I wanted to change my order from plaid+ (placed on battery day before anyone knew there was a difference between plaid and plaid+) for a regular plaid that would be delivered within two months. I said no, so I would keep the reservation as is. Clearly, they want to ship as many high-margin plaids as they can near term.

Just watched the Lucid UX video. The dash is pretty impressive.
Introducing the instantly intuitive Lucid User Experience.

Indeed it is pretty. But I don’t need to see everything at once. Just what I need when I need.

it reminds me of how my wife operates. Nothing is in a drawer or put away out of sight. Rather everything is out so can get to it. To her it is efficient. To me it is a cluster pile. :)

I just got a call that I picked up because it said "Freemont, CA." Tesla rep wanted to know whether I wanted to change my order from plaid+ (placed on battery day before anyone knew there was a difference between plaid and plaid+) for a regular plaid that would be delivered within two months. I said no, so I would keep the reservation as is. Clearly, they want to ship as many high-margin plaids as they can near term.
Maybe they’ll call all of us LRs and offer same opportunity with 50% discount. Lol.

Sounds like they’re getting worried about the Q2 numbers.

I have no model s delivery update. Shocking. But I did turn my leased car in and had the wall charger installed.

in anticipation of my mew SLR, I would really appreciate if anyone knows who in the Los Angeles area can paint the brake calipers to look like they do from the factory? Cost is not a concern. I want them to look great