Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s my understanding that since Tesla hasn’t previously conformed with the industry practice of updating cars each year, and therefore doesn’t “release” the 2022’s in August/September like other manufacturers. Not sure when say, 2019’s or 2020’s were first delivered but a lot closer to the end of the year than other manufacturers.
I was told that Tesla goes to the next model year starting in Dec. Oh well, they’re all 2021.5 model year so 2021.

I 100% agree about the heat. I lived in Central California for a few years and it would hit 100 consistently during the summers. It was night and day with respect to getting comfortable with my white Tesla and my friends' black cars.
I just use the preconditioning function to heat or cool the car before going out. Just use the app a few minutes before going out and it’s perfect.

I don't get how white interiors will help in reducing the cabin heat. I get the point that white exterior will reflects more and absorbs less heat. If this applies to white interior, wouldn't the cabin become hot due to reflection of heat resulting in cabin becoming more hot?
Ever sit down on a black car seat after the car has been sitting in the hot sun for a while? Ever do the same but with a very light or white car seat? Tell me which one makes your arse burn? 😜

Reactions: Danlbrau
I don't get how white interiors will help in reducing the cabin heat. I get the point that white exterior will reflects more and absorbs less heat. If this applies to white interior, wouldn't the cabin become hot due to reflection of heat resulting in cabin becoming more hot?
While lighter colors reflect more solar energy than darker ones, the actual process is the darker the color, the more heat it absorbs and radiates thru the vehicle. Black seats get hot and heat the interior. White seats don’t absorb nearly as much and therefore keep the interior cooler. Just having the rays enter and reflect won’t have an effect unless they somehow heat a surface.

Alright folks. I managed to find the lot, however the gate was closed and with no trespassing signs everywhere, I walked half a mile and took some pictures and videos from the street.
1) There seemed to be a lot more LR's than Plaid.
2) There were a few S's along the fence and i managed to peep in through the fence crack and all of them had a yoke steering.
3) Lot more white/cream interior than black.
4) All of them had a QR code/VIN number on the windshield.

Here are a few pics. Uploading video next.
Great job! I see mine. Thanks

Question on adding the FSD option... When you click the option on account pages it add FSD, it states obviously the additional features you will have activated and potentially in the future.

BUT, it also clearly states "FSD Computer".

Does this mean that if you don't order at purchase FSD package, they don't install the FSD computer? Would you have to have it installed later if you add the package at a later date - do we know that yet again?

All Teslas built since mid-late 2019 come with the FSD computer.

But if you add FSD to an older car that lacks it, buying FSD means you get your computer upgraded to it as part of the package.

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
Why won’t they tell us why they’re all just sitting there? Why doesn’t this get in the press, like Teslarati?
Because the online EV “media” don’t and can’t do any actual journalism with Tesla because Tesla doesn’t have a PR/Media Relations Dept so they have to rely on what Elon Musk tweets and what is spied and shown elsewhere on the Internet like here on TMC and Twitter.

I respectfully disagree. This is a forum populated by like minded people to discuss a specific issue, buying a luxury vehicle from Tesla. Complaining about the process/quality/experience is what this space is for. Now if this was being done around people who cannot afford this car, then I agree. But that is not what is being done here.

Your sentiment could be applied to any topic. I could join a forum to discuss a video game that everyone is there to critique, only to have someone come along and remind everyone that some people can't afford food.

The points being expressed here are valid in most cases. The build quality has issues. The customer service could be better. The communication from Tesla is poor.

People NEED to express their opinions when standards are not met to their satisfaction. If everyone just shrugged and said "I can afford food, so whatever Tesla gives me for my money, I will be happy and thank them for their efforts", then quality/value/experience will be at the bare minimum for all consumer products.

My thoughts about friends without jobs, distant relatives who can't afford a car, people battling cancer, volunteer opportunities in my local community etc., are not for this forum. This forum is to discuss a luxury car, and all the excitement/anguish/frustration/grief/criticism/praise/joy/concerns that come with it.

I think most of us are here because we believe in the product. But at the same time, most of us would like some things to go better than they have gone this year.
Here it is:
You sir are doing god’s work. I spotted only 10-15 reds but I did see my red LR with white interior. Come to papa!!

So regarding the plaid and badging, etc.

This one is clearly a plaid.. Given spoiler and you can see the plaid badge. Door handles are black... Unless there was a mid production change, send everyone gets black handles.

IMG_2505~3.jpg

Because the online EV “media” don’t and can’t do any actual journalism with Tesla because Tesla doesn’t have a PR/Media Relations Dept so they have to rely on what Elon Musk tweets and what is spied and shown elsewhere on the Internet like here on TMC and Twitter.
Thanks. So to get an answer, one of us needs to ask Elon via Twitter!

This one is clearly a plaid.. Given spoiler and you can see the plaid badge. Door handles are black... Unless there was a mid production change, send everyone gets black handles

This one is clearly a plaid.. Given spoiler and you can see the plaid badge. Door handles are black... Unless there was a mid production change, send everyone gets black handles.

View attachment 668195
Feel for the chap on the receiving end of this vehicle. My eyes can be deceiving me but I see a scuff on the rear quarter panel. In all reality, not surprised when you are literally shuttling hundred of vehicles around the factory and off premise.

Reactions: TXgr81
I just got a call from someone in Fremont. They confirmed that CF trim for now extends the order to August but because mine is already in, end of June should still be correct for my MS Plaid. Plaid+ not until mid-2022 as shown on the site. He said all financing through Tesla should be good for 90 days which is good because I shouldn't have to re-up.

Reactions: sflgator
This isn't a parking lot for sure. Its a private property belonging to Bobcat of fremont I believe enclosed by multiple gates. The gate was akin to the one found on a railway track and I could have walked around it, but there were a lot of No Trespassing signs so I decided not to.

edit: After posting the reply, I saw the funnier side of your

Why won’t they tell us why they’re all just sitting there? Why doesn’t this get in the press, like Teslarati?
Those cars are not finished. Still waiting for parts, or maybe software. They cannot be shipped out in that condition.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot