Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add to this that the F-150's advertised range is with 1000lb load, not empty. If the numbers pan out, that is 465 miles of range. Obviously it is vaporware'ish for now, but that's insane range.
I love the new F-150, but I can't possibly understand how it could get anywhere near even 400 miles. I drive a lot and had a model X for years, and driving at 75mph would KILL the range. Every MPH you add to the cruise would significantly add to the air resistance and really lowered the range. I don't have any aerodynamic details, but that front end of the F150 looks like a bus, I just think real world distance driving on the highway will be tough for that vehicle. Maybe 465 miles at 30mph? Still amazing, but I'm very skeptical of any highway distances for it until we know more.

If the Lucid was ready to go, I would be out of here in two seconds. Everything about it looks amazing. Tesla has some serious competition coming.
Me too, but that’s a big ‘IF.’ Unfortunately the Dream edition has been sold out for months and who knows when the first batch of Lucid vehicles will be delivered.
Edit: Lucid is the only other EV I’d even consider.

I love the new F-150, but I can't possibly understand how it could get anywhere near even 400 miles. I drive a lot and had a model X for years, and driving at 75mph would KILL the range. Every MPH you add to the cruise would significantly add to the air resistance and really lowered the range. I don't have any aerodynamic details, but that front end of the F150 looks like a bus, I just think real world distance driving on the highway will be tough for that vehicle. Maybe 465 miles at 30mph? Still amazing, but I'm very skeptical of any highway distances for it until we know more.
Agree which is why I referred to it as "vaporware'ish" for now. Who knows what the real numbers will be when it actually comes out or if they'll get better or worse moving forward. I think if they get north of 300 right out of the gate, it will be a good start for them.

Reactions: foos
As someone who could never own a Cybertruck on the grounds of being over the age of 20 and taking myself modestly seriously - this is exactly what I want from an F150. It can just look like every other truck and that's ok with me.

As someone about to start collecting his social security, and with a perhaps overhealthy opinion of himself, I love the cybertruck! It took me a while to get used to it, but now I'm dying to get my hands on one.

The range is listed at 300 miles ... did I miss something?

Reactions: T-Racer
What makes you think lucid will be any better with their delivery and timing? Cause they have a great looking prototype and a solid commercial? Be serious. They will struggle just as much..
I think they would be better at communicating the delays, which at end of day seems to be what most ppl are upset about

I think they would be better at communicating the delays, which at end of day seems to be what most ppl are upset about
I wish the #PlaidPresentationDay would have some hype associated with it like Model S' will be delivered nationwide to early reservation holders. ANYTHING at this point other than the impression that a few might get delivered to a couple of high profile YouTube influencers and that's it 🤷‍♂️ with the rest of us still left with nothing but " "

Reactions: mikes_fsd
I would also be looking at the VW group. 3 (VW, Porsche Taycan and Audi E-Tron) viable EV's right now and the money and engineering to build an ecosystem with charging and software development.
That was the first place I looked when I was forced by Tesla to look for alternatives. Problem is the range is just not remotely competitive. Most are in the low 200s and maybe one touches 300. But I take long road trips and that 412 mile range is what got me out of my P85D. No way I’m going back to stop every two hours on a trip even if it means an interminable wait for my MSLR.

Reactions: JimLL
I wish the #PlaidPresentationDay would have some hype associated with it like Model S' will be delivered nationwide to early reservation holders. ANYTHING at this point other than the impression that a few might get delivered to a couple of high profile YouTube influencers and that's it 🤷‍♂️ with the rest of us still left with nothing but " "
In any article I've read, the LRs seem to be overlooked and fallen by the wayside. If, as members of this forum indicate, the bulk of the orders are for the LR model, why would Tesla ignore such a big block of business?

In any article I've read, the LRs seem to be overlooked and fallen by the wayside. If, as members of this forum indicate, the bulk of the orders are for the LR model, why would Tesla ignore such a big block of business?
Maybe bc it’s not as S3XY? To media, that is. Not to me. I ordered LR.

Last edited:
0-60 in 1.99 sec will garner more headlines and acceleration reaction video clips of that will generate more clips.

Oh that's interesting! Where did you find that? I'm scouring the Lightning website and missing it.
Probably the MKBHD video here where he also speculates that the 100% empty weight milage is around 460.

It makes sense to me that they would sandbag on the mileage, but I bet it comes at the cost of having a huge battery (which Marques also guesses). The most disappointing aspect of the F150 seems to be charging speed. 45 minute 15% to 80%, and 54 miles per 10 minutes on a 150kW DC charger seems pretty low.

Reactions: croman and JimLL
Probably the MKBHD video here where he also speculates that the 100% empty weight milage is around 460.

It makes sense to me that they would sandbag on the mileage, but I bet it comes at the cost of having a huge battery (which Marques also guesses). The most disappointing aspect of the F150 seems to be charging speed. 45 minute 15% to 80%, and 54 miles per 10 minutes on a 150kW DC charger seems pretty low.

Oh, so just a rumor then. Hope that one ends up being true, it’s huge.

Reactions: jsight