Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A half a second in 0-60 time coupled with an additional 300 horsepower is ridiculously huge. A whole different league. That’s the reason for the $40k price difference. It isn’t the fancy red paint on the calipers.
And yet the greater profit margin of the plaid is constantly referenced here. I'm not being dismissive of the Plaid. It's clearly more powerful. I just think non-Tesla owners who pull up to a light to race are going to get beat bad by both, and most of them will not be able to say for sure whether it was a Plaid or not.

Almost had an exciting text. But just that they'd give me more for my trade that I already sold

Screenshot_20210602-201336_Messages.jpg

Talking 1/4 mi. and yes, it's accurate when you're = or > 100mph in the 1/4 mi. Forget 0-60mph because that's gone in a blink of an eye with any decent sports car these days that can run 2-3.5 sec. I rarely see or experience any street race that's done from just 0-60mph. It typically goes just a wee bit longer, don't 'ya think. besides, again, even 0-60mph between 3.1 sec and 2.0 sec is just not even close...going to be at least few car lengths difference.
suger coated.JPG

That 2.0 is sugar coated compared to the 3.1 of the long range. if you sugar coat the long range its closer to 2.8 secs.

View attachment 668882
That 2.0 is sugar coated compared to the 3.1 of the long range. if you sugar coat the long range its closer to 2.8 secs.
Sorry, maybe it's me (math was never my best subject in school, hah), but how do you get a 0.3 sec. 1' rollout deduction (3/10ths of a sec) with the MS LR vs. a 0.01 sec. 1' rollout (1/100ths of a sec) already acknowledged for the MS PLAID? 🤔 Is this your version of "fuzzy math?" Talk about sugar coating it. 😜

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe it's me (math was never my best subject in school, hah), but how do you get a 0.3 sec. 1' rollout deduction with the MS LR vs. a 0.01 sec. 1' rollout already acknowledged for the MS PLAID? 🤔 Is this your version of "fuzzy math?" Talk about sugar coating it. 😜
You are comparing the Plaid 2.00 to the Plaid+ 1.99 0-60. Most car magazines use a one foot rollout before starting the clock on 0-60 times, so using that standard isn’t deceptive. Not sure why they do, but it is about a quarter second. Which begs the question, if they are going to use the standard one foot rollout to get the Plaids where they are, why not the LR also and quote 2.8 or 2.9 seconds?

Sorry, maybe it's me (math was never my best subject in school, hah), but how do you get a 0.3 sec. 1' rollout deduction (3/10ths of a sec) with the MS LR vs. a 0.01 sec. 1' rollout (1/100ths of a sec) already acknowledged for the MS PLAID? 🤔 Is this your version of "fuzzy math?" Talk about sugar coating it. 😜
You are comparing the Plaid 2.00 to the Plaid+ 1.99 0-60. Most car magazines use a one foot rollout before starting the clock on 0-60 times, so using that standard isn’t deceptive. Not sure why they do, but it is about a quarter second. Which begs the question, if they are going to use the standard one foot rollout to get the Plaids where they are, why not the LR also and quote 2.8 or 2.9 seconds?
He gets like this whenever he feels his life choices are being questioned. I've learned to just disengage once he goes full...you know.