Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still - not one VIN claimed to have been received despite the "impending delivery" notices. Very strange.
I'm betting they won't assign any until a couple of days before the event. Makes me wonder if they didn't already allocate them or secretly assign VINs, just aren't posting them. They've been shipping some S's out of the factory, but it's unclear how many are actually going anywhere--a ton just moved to a different local lot.

Still - not one VIN claimed to have been received despite the "impending delivery" notices. Very strange.

Keep in mind that Elon said that they needed one more week of tweaking past June 3. Elon operates on moon time instead of Earth time, so we are looking at approximately 29 weeks from now (around Christmas).

Just called the 888 tesla number, put in my zip code, chose 2 for the "i have a delivery date".. because i kinda did, until it got backspaced this morning.
they sent me to the Devon SC, dude was cool. he said, because i had a June delivery on there, that it was a good sign and that wait until the evening of the 10th and check account again for an update. he said plaids are priority.

Edit: I also remember he said that he is seeing the date disappear on a lot of orders very recently. Not super helpful I guess, but thought I would mention it.

Last edited:
Same here. I just logged-in to my Tesla account after being offline for a couple days. It has been blank now for more than a week.
Ditto. I did ask my Tesla contact who has reached out earlier to connect and they said "You are still slated for August". There's just something wrong with the Tesla website now. Don't know if that's factual, but what I was told.

Reactions: Drew-MS and Tigers
I'm a mid-January (pre-refresh) order, and my date has been blank the whole time (except for about 12 hours a few weeks ago where it said June 1-30).

For those who've taken delivery of Teslas before, I'm wondering how much notice you can normally expect regarding your delivery date, and also how much ability the consumer has to delay acceptance of delivery if you're otherwise unable to make it on the appointed day of delivery? Am a bit concerned that they'll spring delivery dates on us with very little notice and that I may not be able to make it there on the assigned day.
When I picked up our last Tesla in Dec 2019 a delivery date popped up after I had a VIN. It turned out it was a placeholder when I called the delivery center and said I couldn’t make it that day.

Once it arrived at the center it they called and we set a date that worked with my schedule. I want to say it was a week later.

Ditto. I did ask my Tesla contact who has reached out earlier to connect and they said "You are still slated for August". There's just something wrong with the Tesla website now. Don't know if that's factual, but what I was told.
Welcome to the site. While you are waiting ... If you look at the last 1000+ previous pages you will see a pattern of Estimated Delivery dates changing sometimes hourly. Yes some of us check more than once a day. Some of us do not have an Estimated Delivery. And everyone has a new opinion or new news on when we we get our cars. They have all been wrong. Entertaining but wrong.

No need to get excited with delivery dates. The only one that will be accurate is when you pick up your car. We might be getting close when we actually see a VIN assigned and someone with pictures of picking up their new Model S. Until then enjoy the site.