Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you going to de-badge yourself ? I watched a few videos and it looks easy enough.
Yeah, it’s pretty simple if you take your time: hair dryer to warm up adhesive, dental floss to saw of the badge, then something like Tarminator or Griott’s adhesive remover to clean up residue. If you park your car in the sun for a bit, you can skip the hair dryer

Reactions: Drew-MS
Yeah, it’s pretty simple if you take your time: hair dryer to warm up adhesive, dental floss to saw of the badge, then something like Tarminator or Griott’s adhesive remover to clean up residue. If you park your car in the sun for a bit, you can skip the hair dryer
OK, I feel obligated to add the following:

The last step, removing the residue, is where most people screw up their paint (assuming they did not try to use a putty knife earlier on):
  • Don't use paper towels with the adhesive remover--use an old t-shirt or microfiber towel
  • Let the adhesive remover do the work, your are not trying to mechanically scrub the adhesive off--let the adhesive remover softer the adhesive then gently wipe away
The badges are new so should come off pretty cleanly, but it might take a few rounds of applying the remover, letting it work, then wiping off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 64
I ordered my MS second week of January. I got the June 23rd to 30th notice, now it is just June. They are trying to get as many out as possible to hit their Q2 number. I live in NorCal (Rocklin) and they get their cars from Fremont. I assume we will hear something by mid-week.
It really is all over the place cause just this morning it moved to 6/21-30. Maybe they are making them faster now?

Reactions: T-Racer

I swear to God if he is lying...

BTW- I think he is incorrect. It's obvious that the elements on the screen are moveable based on the videos we saw. However - I think his other note is out of date.

Getting pretty tired of this bullshit to be honest. The event better happen next week. Also getting pretty tired of some of yall's attitudes!

Last edited:
It really is all over the place cause just this morning it moved to 6/21-30. Maybe they are making them faster now?
I don’t think there is any evidence to suggest that the production ramp has occurred. There is evidence that the one thing Tesla is now doing faster is reassigning delivery dates. It is like a giant game of musical chairs, and after each page refresh you have no idea whether a chair is waiting for you, is broken, or if it is gone entirely.

Last edited:
My saga is not short. If you’re bored you can read about it here. Meanwhile, based on the momentum gathering around the MS delivery drama, I took the plunge and secured a loan. It’s only guaranteed at the rate I got for 30 days. Dammit! Shame on me! Apparently, I am a glutton for punishment and am incapable of learning from my mistakes. I really hope Elon doesn’t break my heart again (and uneccesarily drop my credit score through another ping).

Reactions: T-Racer