Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
boonedocks said:
“Super helpful for everyone if y’all could put your order details in your signature or under your profile pic.View attachment 669818

The thing about putting all this information in your sig probably would be of little help in understanding when people might expect delivery. Because Tesla keeps changing dates on account page, and no one has had a delivery it is impossible to make rhyme or reason out of the data that Tesla seems to ignore. I have stopped trying to figure it out logically. Ordered in December and will let Everyone know when I receive a vin#. Until then, it is a futile effort guessing who is first in line.

boonedocks said:
“Super helpful for everyone if y’all could put your order details in your signature or under your profile pic.View attachment 669818

The thing about putting all this information in your sig probably would be of little help in understanding when people might expect delivery. Because Tesla keeps changing dates on account page, and no one has had a delivery it is impossible to make rhyme or reason out of the data that Tesla seems to ignore. I have stopped trying to figure it out logically. Ordered in December and will let Everyone know when I receive a vin#. Until then, it is a futile effort guessing who is first in line.
It's useful for people who provide updates without re-entering their build info, which happens often

Ordered a Long Range S on 12/05/20 with a 12/31/20 delivery date (didn’t happen). Agreed in Feb. to pay the extra 10k (minus the $2k discount for being a good sport) but in limbo since. Last communique suggested a June delivery, but my sense after Musk’s tweet and everything else out there is I am now looking at September for delivery. Tesla will neither confirm nor deny. Anybody have any insight or advice?

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
Ordered a Long Range S on 12/05/20 with a 12/31/20 delivery date (didn’t happen). Agreed in Feb. to pay the extra 10k (minus the $2k discount for being a good sport) but in limbo since. Last communique suggested a June delivery, but my sense after Musk’s tweet and everything else out there is I am now looking at September for delivery. Tesla will neither confirm nor deny. Anybody have any insight or advice?

Welcome to the thread. You’re in the same spot as the rest of us and the last ~1700 pages of speculation.

Nobody currently has any more information than you posted yourself, and if they say they do they’re lying. Nobody has received a VIN, nobody knows what dates are real or not.

While you’re here, why don’t you enjoy some endlessly repeated queries about tire sizes, angst over tilting screens, identity crises over wood vs cf, panel gap anxiety, arguments over whether the Plaid is really faster, and discussions of whether people who make $XXX,XXX in a given city can afford a Model S?

Because if you’re not into any of the above and really just need more info on your delivery date, buddy, I’ve got some bad news for you…

I can’t wait to meet everyone at a supercharger someday!!! I have a sick Vanity plate still available for Florida. I hope I can grab it and really let all passers by know that I’m not supposed to be driving this car. (COO of a 100M+ startup, if that matters. Income north of the average MS owner household income salary if that matters....still carless. 😂🤣🙃

Triple side note; Dave Ramsey fans for years. You can totally get a MS with less than $70K income if you are debt free and have a good net worth.
Love Dave Ramsey, living the Ramsey way here also!

It’s getting out of hand. We certainly don’t need to hear income levels, people talking about their trophy wives and stories of how much money you flush down the toilet on your wine consumption. Give us a break! Where the hell is moderator Bruce when you need him to get this thread back on track?

All 3 of my orders have had a blank estimated delivery date since Thursday.
Purely out of curiosity and feel free to ignore this, but what do you plan to do with 3 model S

• Funny
Reactions: omarsultan
We placed order on 11/13/20. Confirmed refresh early February. Have had December, February and June delivery dates. Received June 21 - 30 delivery date
yesterday. Our delivery destination is Nashville. Please post link to spreadsheet.

Welcome aboard (run while you can).

To catch up with everyone either:
1) Go back and read all pages thoroughly
2) Shut your head in a door a few times
They both will feel the same and give you as much true information on what is happening.

We placed order on 11/13/20. Confirmed refresh early February. Have had December, February and June delivery dates. Received June 21 - 30 delivery date
yesterday. Our delivery destination is Nashville. Please post link to spreadsheet.
Here you go…

I can’t wait to meet everyone at a supercharger someday!!! I have a sick Vanity plate still available for Florida. I hope I can grab it and really let all passers by know that I’m not supposed to be driving this car. (COO of a 100M+ startup, if that matters. Income north of the average MS owner household income salary if that matters....still carless. 😂🤣🙃

Triple side note; Dave Ramsey fans for years. You can totally get a MS with less than $70K income if you are debt free and have a good net worth.
Well I’m moving to Tampa in 18 months. Hopefully we’ll have our cars by then and we’ll hang out!!!

Not looking to get into a big tangential debate but I encourage you to look into some of the dark side of Ramsey including his pushing people to high-expense-ratio funds where he gets a cut. Glad it's working for you though!

Interesting. I do not follow him personally but agree with his no-nonsense approach to no debt and savings.

Reactions: geekfam and Tigers
Interesting. I do not follow him personally but agree with his no-nonsense approach to no debt and savings.
Something to consider as we buy these expensive cars, interest rates are extremely low and I expect inflation to increase for a while. It's a good time to responsibly take on USD-denominated debt and invest the money elsewhere. I could pay cash but Tesla found me 1.95% APY financing for $100k of the purchase price. That's free money.

It’s getting out of hand. We certainly don’t need to hear income levels, people talking about their trophy wives and stories of how much money you flush down the toilet on your wine consumption. Give us a break! Where the hell is moderator Bruce when you need him to get this thread back on track?

All 3 of my orders have had a blank estimated delivery date since Thursday.
Oh, look at this guy with his 3 model S orders! Nice humble brag!

(That’s a joke) ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: EVonly