Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Long Range S on 12/05/20 with a 12/31/20 delivery date (didn’t happen). Agreed in Feb. to pay the extra 10k (minus the $2k discount for being a good sport) but in limbo since. Last communique suggested a June delivery, but my sense after Musk’s tweet and everything else out there is I am now looking at September for delivery. Tesla will neither confirm nor deny. Anybody have any insight or advice?
Same date and order for me; you are not alone.

That’s an interesting theory, but carbon fiber isn’t an option on the LR
To bring it back to topic (kind of)...
I was told that the reason the dates come and go, change, etc. Is a computer that constantly matches/confirms orders with vehicles/production and then will realocate vehicles to other deliveries or change production as it fits the overall system. Said it really does not mean much until there is steady production and VINs.
This makes the most sense in an experience that has made next to none.

We call it the “monkey,” it is run by one of the worst operators that i have seen with a 8 year head start.

every rule of customer first orientation has been violated by Tesla. It will eventually come to bite them. Wouldn’t want to bet when but this is not a 500B automaker - it’s not even a 50B automaker.

Reactions: jbrowdy

Attachments

• DDFDDE03-A0FA-4E0B-A463-5E03678ED232.jpeg
    DDFDDE03-A0FA-4E0B-A463-5E03678ED232.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: T-Racer
First, I was not showing off about wine. I perhaps inartfully expressed that the cost of the car is not the most expensive thing in some people's budget. And as for last night, it actually was only a $35 dollar bottle of wine the wife was having while I had some mid-priced bourbon. As for Tiger's suggestion as to what I spend, I would not spend $2K on a bottle of wine any more than I would spend $40K to go from 3.1 second 0-60 to 1.99 (if that number is even real...). As for the trophy wife - and she is a trophy - I met her 22 years ago on Match.com so I would say for those single people, it actually is no joke...

Going back to the car, I ordered after some of you on or about 3/8: MSLR MSM with White/Black interior, standard wheels and FSD RN11461.... Went from 4-11 weeks to August to, "We will reach out to you..." The longer it goes, the EQS looks more likely.

And, I am predicting (and agreeing with others) on another delay of the 6/10 date. Cannot figure out why 100's of cars are sitting in a rented lot instead of being distributed across the US.

Ok - we are all good. I agree on the event, as Tesla in the past usually provides the specific start time in advance as well. The fact that he didn't is telling and the fact we are a week later and he hasn't, is also telling.

First, I was not showing off about wine. I perhaps inartfully expressed that the cost of the car is not the most expensive thing in some people's budget. And as for last night, it actually was only a $35 dollar bottle of wine the wife was having while I had some mid-priced bourbon. As for Tiger's suggestion as to what I spend, I would not spend $2K on a bottle of wine any more than I would spend $40K to go from 3.1 second 0-60 to 1.99 (if that number is even real...). As for the trophy wife - and she is a trophy - I met her 22 years ago on Match.com so I would say for those single people, it actually is no joke...

Going back to the car, I ordered after some of you on or about 3/8: MSLR MSM with White/Black interior, standard wheels and FSD RN11461.... Went from 4-11 weeks to August to, "We will reach out to you..." The longer it goes, the EQS looks more likely.

And, I am predicting (and agreeing with others) on another delay of the 6/10 date. Cannot figure out why 100's of cars are sitting in a rented lot instead of being distributed across the US.
You know nothing you state really matters. Firstly because you should be drinking aged rum instead of wine and secondly if you’re only ordered a tortoise MS, (LR) then nobody is listening to you. Please don’t take me seriously 😳 😆 😁

• Funny

The cars are sitting on a lot together because they are all missing a part that needs to be installed. It’s pretty obvious.

EQS getting more attractive to me with every passing day and every missed delivery promise.

Reactions: BruceR61
There are no right or wrong answers to how you spend your money. There aren't even good and bad investments (on a macrolevel). For example, many people say that owning a house is a good investment due to appreciation and mortgage tax credits. But the common knowledge that houses have those benefits drives up prices, offsetting the benefits.

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
Ok - we are all good. I agree on the event, as Tesla in the past usually provides the specific start time in advance as well. The fact that he didn't is telling and the fact we are a week later and he hasn't, is also telling.
How is specifying a date but not a start time telling? Is it harder to pick a time of day if the car isn’t ready vs if it is?

• Funny