Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel for those who ordered a Plaid+, the disappointment when you're excited stinks! Sorry guys :(

Interesting to see how they spin this in the event. I'm thinking they just simply closed the gap so much that the plus was kind of pointless ... furthermore, and you heard it hear first, guaranteed "Track Pack" coming for the Plaid. Elon seems obsessed with track times (and I'm okay with that) :)

I feel for those who ordered a Plaid+, the disappointment when you're excited stinks! Sorry guys :(

Interesting to see how they spin this in the event. I'm thinking they just simply closed the gap so much that the plus was kind of pointless ... furthermore, and you heard it hear first, guaranteed "Track Pack" coming for the Plaid. Elon seems obsessed with track times (and I'm okay with that) :)
I'm guessing that Tesla will be coming out with an equivalent to Plaid + in the next year or so. It will just be branded differently (maybe just rolled in with regular Plaid 2023?, or will get a new name?). With the 500+ mile range (new 4680 battery), maybe some exterior/interior differences?

So hang tight - folks who wanted the Plaid+ in mid/late 2022 - they can anyways the car then. It will just be branded differently!

I'm guessing that Tesla will be coming out with an equivalent to Plaid + in the next year or so. It will just be branded differently (maybe just rolled in with regular Plaid 2023?, or will get a new name?). With the 500+ mile range (new 4680 battery), maybe some exterior/interior differences?

So hang tight - folks who wanted the Plaid+ in mid/late 2022 - they can anyways the car then. It will just be branded differently!
Yep. Likely the Plaid+ was osborning the Plaid and when the Plaid+ tech eventually comes online, that will just replace the current plaid. But perhaps that is looking later than mid 2022 also.

Reactions: HumanInput
Exactly.

Exactly. New Plaid with 500 mile range (4680's) for next year.

I also bet the chemistry and cooling updates for the 18670's are substantial, I think we'll see a range increase announcement on the 10th as well.

... or is Elon going the other direction ... anyone think they will announce 4680's in the Plaid? There were some rumors they were having trouble with the revised 18670's or perhaps the new cooling system and that's what stalled engineering for 3 months ...

They are manufacturing 4680's with low yield ... wonder if they someone kept the ramp up secret and ready to go?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I think at this point, that this will be my first (MSM LR) and last tesla I buy. Maybe things will change in the future in terms of tesla operational management, but this process has left bad taste in my mouth. Just seems they dont have a good planing acumen which is probably a product of elon personality and functional short-sightedness.
They need a COO and yes a Communications director. Elon has vision and drive but surety of outcome is not his thing.

Roll-Call for all of those with LR (not Plaid) that still have June delivery dates.
It appears that there will be LR going out this month with the Plaid deliveries.
My delivery stills says "June". Who else?
7 months in...and like alot of others with LR, this is what i have

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-104127.png
    Screenshot_20210607-104127.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 88
After looking at the E-tron, that is the conclusion I came up with on staying with Tesla for an EV. It does bother me that Elon feels that 400 miles is sufficient - does that mean he will be not aggressively looking to increase it? Or, was his comment just an excuse for not coming up with the 4680 and Plaid +?
the latter. I bought a M3 LR to wait on Plaid+. Now I will wait until the bugs get worked out of Plaid and they hopefully increase the range of the MS. What Elon fails to recognize is how much range is a differentiator for Tesla in the EV market. Even more so based on the charging network. People don't want to have to deal with charging as a primary concern. They want it to be secondary, like going to a gas station (waiting for eggs to be thrown)..... 500 miles gets you to a realist 350 useable miles on average which is pretty darn close to most ICE.

Reactions: byeLT4 and ks1972
Roll-Call for all of those with LR (not Plaid) that still have June delivery dates.
It appears that there will be LR going out this month with the Plaid deliveries.

Please everyone IGNORE his request. I do not want to see those who have dates while I still have a big blank on my prefresh LR order...

ETA: This just populated on my account page - not sure what this means..
1623077542802.png

Last edited:

Just checked this morning and it still says June.

Order: RN1144 | Order Date: 1/27 | Order Location: Los Angeles | Order Model: LR | Order Customizations: FSD, Arachnid | Order Color: Black Exterior/Black Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: June (as of 6/7/21)

Reactions: T-Racer
... or is Elon going the other direction ... anyone think they will announce 4680's in the Plaid? There were some rumors they were having trouble with the revised 18670's or perhaps the new cooling system and that's what stalled engineering for 3 months ...

They are manufacturing 4680's with low yield ... wonder if they someone kept the ramp up secret and ready to go?
I think anything is possible here and we'll find out more on Thursday evening. My gut (and hope) says hey may announce the 4680's in the plaid. Elon is super competitive and I don't see him allowing competition to beat him or his cars with range and performance. Again this is wishful thinking. Thursday will be the day when we all find out.

Reactions: T-Racer

MY ONLY question is why come up with Plaid+ if this was the path. Remember, Plaid+ was what they released in late 2020 when they couldn't meet their targets initially on the refresh that they set in summer of 2020. They then had LR, Plaid, and Plaid+ to show the path to meet their original targets. Unfortunately, I got caught in the friendly fire ordering so early but I will see what our SAs have to say about a path forward, hopefully soon.

and likely at a higher price than my current $152k if they cancel our orders.....