Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a strong conviction that people who ordered back in December should get priority over plaid buyers in June. You obviously feel differently. I think you’re in the minority.
I might even go so far to say that 99% of us waiting will be actually satisfied with a definitive delivery date/month that does not move again once assigned and delivery stays true to it. This complete and utter lack of information whether I will have my order in June or as late as 5 months later is absolute bonkers.

1623119405506.png

Dang! Now I wish I would have kept the 19" ughhh don't want to change it back right now as it might push the EDD even longer :(

With the change in base wheels, doesn’t it mean that the Fremont Holding Lot batch of cars needs to be taken back to factory at minimum and cannot be delivered as-is? Likely also means that they’ve yet to actually produce any car meant for customers. It will be interesting if this initial batch of cars will be sold and will be the odd ones out with the silver wheels and red calipers on Plaid.

With the change in base wheels, doesn’t it mean that the Fremont Holding Lot batch of cars needs to be taken back to factory at minimum and cannot be delivered as-is? Likely also means that they’ve yet to actually produce any car meant for customers. It will be interesting if this initial batch of cars will be sold and will be the odd ones out with the silver wheels and red calipers on Plaid.

Those base wheels are just hubcaps. Tesla will just park out in the street and once the hubcaps are stolen, they will claim insurance and replace with the darker ones.

Looks like they changed these too...
View attachment 670755

This would take a couple dozen interns like an hour max on the 200 cars sitting there with the ugly wheels.

Last edited:
I hate when Tesla moves the water bowl around on us!

They've been sitting there with the same wheel design for 5 months or so and 2 days before deliveries begin, "**** it, let's make it gray"
Well my order page still shows a picture with silver wheels. Guess I'll just hand them close to 90k, and then see what they decided was best for me.