Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so. When I talked to the dude for my delivery at the event, he just re-confirmed the options already in the configurator. The only option I got was to punt on the floor mats and package shelf to cut down on waste--I guess for folks who know they will upgrade floor mats (?)--seemed odd, but that is par for the course.
Congrats again on your upcoming delivery. Can you clarify your floor mat comment. I actually ordered in Nov (for my ‘Dec’ delivery). I ordered the floor mats at the same time and received them in Dec. I have since been told by my SA that they don’t know if the old mats will fit the new car and that they won’t swap them or allow a return. I know it is a small thing for a $80k car, but is still frustrating. What did you mean by ‘upgrade floor mats’?

MSM, LR, ED: June 21 - 30

I’m one of the guys that has rarely had a date change. I’ve got a LR and Plaid order. Both dates blank for quite some time

LR RN1145 placed on March 1 - Red/Cream/Wood
Plaid RN1150 placed May 25 - Red/Cream/Carbon

The LR date had been blank for probably a month. Before that it was August. Today the LR date changed to June!

The Plaid date was originally June and has been blank for over a week. Still blank.

I can only attribute the blank Plaid to the Carbon trim. I don’t intend on taking delivery of the LR. I may go ahead can call Tesla today and see if changing that order to a Plaid with wood trim does anything for me.

On a more positive note the new black(er) wheel covers look SOoooo much better on the all black car.

I agree. I am glad they went all black on the aero wheel covers. looks great on the Black. Looks great on the white as well
There is a photo somewhere on the forum where an owner plastidipped his covers a similar darker shade and they looked 10x better than the lighter silver covers. Looks more integrated and much less "hubcappy" - even though that isn't a word it describes the older covers perfectly.

Edit: found it: Tempest Wheels (photo credits to the vehicle owner BioSci)

Mine just went blank for the first time, was Jul 3-20 last time I checked.

They haven't given me an offer on my trade yet, wonder if I should take that off and sell locally to Carmax or something, thoughts?
Worth getting the offers from the local places. Chances are that Tesla will be lower. The Carmax offer isn’t likely to change much between now and when Tesla gets around to doing your offer. So when they do, you can decide if the tax savings is worth it. If not, take the trade off then.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
There is a photo somewhere on the forum where an owner plastidipped his covers a similar darker shade and they looked 10x better than the lighter silver covers. Looks more integrated and much less "hubcappy" - even though that isn't a word it describes the older covers perfectly.

Edit: found it: Tempest Wheels (photo credits to the vehicle owner BioSci)
That picture shows what someone said earlier. Changing the covers is not enough to fix the issue on existing cars with silver hubcaps because the wheel underneath is also silver. The silver ring around the black wheel looks out of place.

61750A33-48B9-47BE-AA16-9D8026FFE9EC.jpeg

Reactions: T-Racer
Might be slightly off topic... But my account page now shows "upgrade" button... And a subscribe button. My wife's model x does not have fsd (ok fact, still has hw2.5)

Sae this upgrade available on her page today. $5k? Thought it was 10?
This is going to get buried in this thread, I suggest you start a new one because it's pretty big news if the subscription button is on the website now

Reactions: JimLL and Tigers
Mine just went blank for the first time, was Jul 3-20 last time I checked.

They haven't given me an offer on my trade yet, wonder if I should take that off and sell locally to Carmax or something, thoughts?
Get as many quotes as you can. CarMax was most competitive for my wife’s car & Carvana was most competitive for mine.

CarMax offer is good for 7 days. Carvana is good for a month.

This is going to get buried in this thread, I suggest you start a new one because it's pretty big news if the subscription button is on the website now
Leodoc said:
Might be slightly off topic... But my account page now shows "upgrade" button... And a subscribe button. My wife's model x does not have fsd (ok fact, still has hw2.5)

Sae this upgrade available on her page today. $5k? Thought it was 10?
I have a FSD purchase option and a subscribe button, but the subscription is only for the premium connectivity package.

Under Buy Upgrades, I have a buy and subscribe button in the right corner.
D3AC07E0-8A43-4594-B9BF-87C1F072FCC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
That picture shows what someone said earlier. Changing the covers is not enough to fix the issue on existing cars with silver hubcaps because the wheel underneath is also silver. The silver ring around the black wheel looks out of place.

View attachment 670853
Agree 100%. I’m also iffy on plastidip on wheels/wheel covers in general. To each his own, but fully spraying out the wheels has a “driveway mod” feel to it maybe more suited to a civic with coffee can muffler.

This LR/ plaid battle needs to stop. it seems to me like LR people are justifying hard and are happy that plaid doesn’t have red calipers or not as fast or what not!! Guys if you spend extra 40K ( if you had that money) you won’t be talking this tone. It’s everyone choice and right that they get what they ordered. I have LR and plaid both on order and both are great cars. This is not about peacocking. And People who will be buying. Plaid badge from Amazon and painting their calipers just so that they can say they have plaid ( even tho they don’t) - Is the most insecure and pathetic thing to do. If you think LR is more sensible buy and a better car- BE HAPPY with it.. no reason to bring plaid down
The frustration with plaid is that it is holding up our LR cars.

and let’s be real — the only reason to buy Plaid is peacocking.