Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@boonedocks - bro, you are bugging the poor SAs two days before the delivery event? šŸ˜‚

I walked into the Tesla store last weekend and most of them have PTSD as soon as you say model s.
You will get a kick out of this. It was a response from April 15!! LMAO

4F684124-F298-4196-BE09-6137E8F08AFD_4_5005_c.jpeg

So i will try to pull some "speculation" together from my interpretation.

They probably have been pushing back the deliveries for months on end because of shortage in parts, but also because they were still trying to "tweak" the car a bit.

Here is my overall theory. Again, the monkey is in control, we know. And there is no real explanation or knowing of anything with this company, we all understand that yet still sit on here going round-and-round. Which i do appreciate though. I get more helpful info from everyone here then anywhere else. It has made it a fun experience, frustrating of course, but fun/interesting.

Speculation:
Tesla thought they could produce a LR, Plaid, and Plaid+. They ran into product development and part shortage which delayed the production/deliveries. Because they thought they were going to build a plaid+ with the 4680 batteries, this was supposed to be their high end car, at least for the model s. I think they quickly realized that it wasn't going to be that much faster even with the 4680s, but just get more range. But now that they are going to start to (hopefully) roll out the model y later this year with the 4680s, if that works out well, all tesla's will move to that technology and ultimately increasing the range of all cars (this was explained on battery day). So therefore, at that point, why have a plaid and plaid+. We saw the pics of the active wing, etc for plaid+. They just removed the red calipers from the plaid. Someone mentioned as a speculation (i forget who, sorry) they believe that instead of plaid+ it will be the track package or something. This would probably add the red calipers and the active wing, perhaps some other appearance features. If they did a true plaid+ it would of definitely cannibalized the plaid or vise versus, which would of caused a huge waste of money. So scrap it, stick with LR and Plaid, with the track package for the plaid. Makes sense.

I also think with the deliveries that perhaps those with blank for sometime already have a VIN and a delivery date. The monkey probably is shifting those people without a steady blank around from different dates as it is trying to figure out if they will be in the initial rollout or the second. I also believe someone said (sorry again, i forget who) that an SA (which we know doesn't know anything) mentioned if you have a blank, that is a good sign - especially if it has stayed consistently at blank. When it moves around i believe is when your most likely not in the first rollout, or it would just be blank or stay at one date.

For the parts delaying delivery and all, i would assume that would take effect as of the date the website changed. Whether the cars sitting dirty in lots are based on red calipers, older rims, etc.......who knows. I would assume that if the cars are produced and ready to be rolled out by end of June, they would have red calipers, etc. Look at the flyover form march 6th with the red plaid on the truck (37 seconds) has red calipers. So they did produce them like this, probably change going forward with my theory above....

Again, all speculation on my part (and form reading through the 1700+ pages of comments). But kind of making sense. Well, it doesn't of course, but you know what i mean i think.

Games aside, very few folks are going to be sitting in their Tesla playing games for any substantial amount of time ... I remember when Apple released the first iPhone with a fast, smooth, fluid user interface, making all previous smart phones look like antiques. Very similar to vehicle infotainment systems are today, slow, unresponsive, slow, annoyingly slow. A blistering fast MCU should result in an amazing experience, even if you never load a game.

Strongly suspect all those cars sitting in the lot are going to ship as-is with those silver tempest wheelsā€¦I mentioned before you cannot just swap the hub cap, have to swap the whole wheel or powder coat it = $$$
If they ship as is, you know the haters and rivals are going to point out the mismatched quality, with varying rims/caliper paint etc. It won't be a good look for Tesla, and it will be used against them.