Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I remember the tracking sheet, you and I are fairly closely aligned on our order date and delivery stuff. I used to have "June 21-June 30" and a week or two ago it changed to simply "June." I still have June listed, but am a little concerned since we have heard any LR news around this event on Thursday.

There has been no news about the event period from Tesla so no news on the LR is a nothingburger at this time. Would not read into it. It is listed as a Plaid event because that is the top level and they want to show off its performance. Wait until Thursday night, - then Friday morning you regroup and stress about the lack of LR information given.

Has any one of you gotten any first-hand or independent information that the wheel colors have actually changed or that the calipers on the Plaid are not red? Is there a single photograph of darker wheels or wheel covers? There have been at least 200 posts speculating, complaining about and even loving this perceived change, all seemingly based upon internet imaging. I am assuming if you have the $$$ to buy this car you have the brains to consider this is just imaging problems. Seriously... I know you want your cars (as do I) but we are now about 700 pages since the refresh was announced in January, and other than the fact we know two people are getting their cars, Tesla has not announced a single additional fact about the car since January.

Carry on.....
half the time my tesla image has no GD wheels at all. We only dedicated 8 posts to no wheels and 15 pages to grey covers. This Yukon moose ordered arachnids. The monkey is learning about the causal relationship between freaking out the customers and digital art. carry on.

I'm giving 50/50 odds that there's one car that gets three silver ones, and one dark one 😄

Mandatory delivery content: my MSM/Cream/19/FSD/RN1142 order, which was "June" for a few weeks, switched some time last night to no mention of delivery, which is where it was since the refresh was started so no huge loss there.

Mandatory (apparently) unpopular opinion: I thought the silver hubcaps looked tacky and cheap, and thing the dark ones still look tacky and cheap. For context, I'm an engineer and have no taste or sense of style, but I like the 19" Slipstream wheels on my 2018 S and am strongly considering buying a set off eBay when the new S arrives, assuming they'll fit properly. I like the look of the Arachnids but would worry about bending 21" rims on the streets around here.

Mandatory idle speculation: Elon decided that every LR needs a pair of working cowbells mounted like truck nutz, which is why there's a full lot of apparently finished Ss collecting dust; they're awaiting trailer hitch installation.
This is the funniest post I have read in weeks :) Bravo!

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Feel like they did everything they could to patch together the initial 500 for Thursday. Outside of that, going to be very very slow.
I’m hoping under the cover of night they are loading carriers and shipping out, and replenishing the lot with new production each day. Otherwise, we’ll be seeing Roadsters in driveways before MSLRs.

With all due respect, some people are ordering and dealing with Tesla for the first time and did not peruse this forum prior to making that decision, but joined later. I for one have always ran credit at point of sale, as I am sure just about everyone else here has done their whole lives, until actually dealing with this company. A newbie off the street is not going to know placing an order for a car and being given an 8 week window probably means half a year.

C'mon man! 🤣
My apologies. Didn't know you were new. WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME! 😆

The majority of all the cars we have seen in the storage lot seem to be missing the carbon fiber spoiler.
  • Do you guys think these cars are Plaid’s with missing carbon fiber due to shortages?
  • Or, do we think they are unfinished LR cars that are still missing parts?
Edit:
We know the existing Model S carbon fiber spoiler is still available in Tesla’s online shop. So, if it is a carbon fiber spoiler shortage, the new Plaid version would most likely need to be different than the one in the shop.

Reactions: JimLL
I’m hoping under the cover of night they are loading carriers and shipping out, and replenishing the lot with new production each day. Otherwise, we’ll be seeing Roadsters in driveways before MSLRs.
From what I can tell, they may have added some cars to the lot since the first pictures, but certainly not shipping them out. The token white and red cars are pretty easy to spot and haven't moved.