Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was $1500 including the charger. The issue was that we have two 200A panels in our house and they had to tie into the furthest one from the location. If they did not need to run that much wire through the walls, it would have cut it to less than $1000 including the charger.
I just installed my HPWC a few weeks ago. I did the install myself, so only spent about $100 in materials (cable, masonry drill bit, breaker, etc...). I had an easy run because main panel is just opposite the wall location where I wanted to install.

Still, even with the easy run, it took all afternoon as I needed to make several home Depot trips throughout the process. And I still need to finish patching all of the drywall holes I made in the garage!

I'm under the impression that the new S and X are using megacasted parts from the gigapress .. at least the front and rear .. and the battery pack is all new .. the interior is new .. I'm having a hard time seeing how this is the same old Model S that's in need of a "complete redesign", what am I missing?
It's a fact the S is a sexy beast and Tesla has put several layers of lipstick on it over the years, but eventually consumers (may not you and I) will want to see new sheet metal.

Reactions: HumanInput
CD6D2DCC-0FD9-4EDF-9ABC-B3DC969F9F5F.png

So the vast majority of pre orders are just content to sit quietly and not commiserate? That's insane, or perhaps we are...
Most people just lurk on message boards without joining and posting. The posting is the insane part. But I do agree that most purchasers must have come to this site given that Tesla doesn’t provide customer service.

Couldn't agree more, I still think about the electric cars I played with in the 70's, and how perfect they were. When I had this AFX track, I was a god to my friends.
Couldn't agree more, I still think about the electric cars I played with in the 70's, and how perfect they were. When I had this AFX track, I was a god to my friends.

View attachment 671609
I want Tesla to design the car around aerodynamics and leave it alone

Reactions: Lesran and aerodyne