Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The buttons for gear selection do exist?
1623388107369.png

Anyone doubting Tesla and the vehicle should really look at Lucid. I'm telling you...that EV is going to crush it! BUT, it's all new from an all-new EV manufacturer, so personally, I would rather wait 2-3+ years to see how they do and how well their EVs are received, etc. So, for now, Tesla does have the performance, range, and technology but geez, their company and the management and pretty much everything they do business-wise is completely embarrassing!

Yeah instead of getting better specs, we got worse 😂 holy ****. Hire a COO please!

Now the website says 405 range, he said 412 in the presentation. For charging, website says 200 miles in 15 minutes, in the presentation he said 178 or something. What the ****. No one has any idea what they are doing.
Model S rated range is a mess. I picked up my car in March 2020, it was labeled Long Range with 35 miles on ODO and rated 373 miles, never got that number even on day 1. 2 OTA updates later, car is Long Range Plus with 402 miles of max range. It never gives me more than 270-285 miles on 90% SOC. I rarely drive in highways these days.
M3 probably has best range estimates among 3, X and S. I’ve never driven a Y for an extended period of time.

There was never a logical reason for anyone to expect better specs from a car that was delayed by almost half a year due to production problems.

but yeah — Elon should do everyone a favor and hire someone normal and professional to run this company.
They already had him and lost him, JB should have taken over as CEO.

Anyone doubting Tesla and the vehicle should really look at Lucid. I'm telling you...that EV is going to crush it! BUT, it's all new from an all-new EV manufacturer, so personally, I would rather wait 2-3+ years to see how they do and how well their EVs are received, etc. So, for now, Tesla does have the performance, range, and technology but geez, their company and the management and pretty much everything they do business-wise is completely embarrassing!
When will it be available?

Reactions: HumanInput
It just didn’t seem well planned. The most valuable car company in the world could have (should have) done better. I want to hear from Omar and Adam.
Yeah, the whole thing was ridiculous. I’m just saying I don’t necessarily think Elon was indifferent. I wouldn’t be surprised if his red nose is from a facial that he got in preparation for this event.