Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good points. I think Elon should have a main part of the presentation but the actual presentation should have been better organized, rehearsed, and presented by someone else. He is brilliant but not the main spokesperson in events such as this one.
yeah, agree. Not sure what Franz and the sledge hammer was intended for other than reminder of CT event. And did i miss the reveal of the two covered cars?

So after sleeping 50/50 on keeping my order.

At this point, with the way Elon presented it, I feel less confident in the new features. A lot of Teslas cool new features in cars (such as auto wipers) never worked correctly years later. I'm concerned the touch button on the yoke are going to be really annoying and or glitchy. Sounds like the UI is kinda shitty right now. I didn't like to hear Elon say that the sound system ANC will get better over time. That makes me feel like it's a half baked feature right now.

IDK, I have months to decide but I'm starting to research other options again.

Used P100DL?

Reactions: elguapo
So the headlamps are adaptive. I would think that involves a design similar to the MYP headlamps. On a 6 figure car I’m glad they have caught up :)

Attachments

• 746B16C0-85ED-4993-A2B8-A6C7C537635F.png
    746B16C0-85ED-4993-A2B8-A6C7C537635F.png
    620.3 KB · Views: 117
You're not right in this argument. Backing in and pulling out head first is safer. Continuing to argue simply makes you look silly.
Where did I say it was safer? I said I have never had any issues. I have not. Backing in would not make me have less issues since I have had none. What I value is my time. It takes less time to pull in and back out. I think backing in is stupid, and I will will continue to snicker whenever I see it. I drive a full size truck during the winter. I've never needed to back in.

I didn't like to hear Elon say that the sound system ANC will get better over time. That makes me feel like it's a half baked feature right now.
The updated owners manual even says that feature may not be available at delivery:

CEC47849-9300-4BA3-9861-AF06C5F2E415.jpeg

And I swear it said somewhere on the Tesla website something like “Available Fall 2021” around ANC somewhere. I can’t find it again now on the site …. Maybe because I’m on mobile? Or they updated it overnight?

Where did I say it was safer? I said I have never had any issues. I have not. Backing in would not make me have less issues since I have had none. What I value is my time. It takes less time to pull in and back out. I think backing in is stupid, and I will will continue to snicker whenever I see it. I drive a full size truck during the winter. I've never needed to back in.
Surely you all back in at the SuC?

So what is the trap speed of this car in the quarter? 152 or 155 mph? web site still says 155 mph so I assume this is accurate. Hard to tell by watching the youtube videos last night but it did not look as fast as expected but it is hard to tell.

Any one else here that took delivery go and verify 0-60 mph with their car???
I wouldnt go by last night as they had employees driving the car and they likely backed off the acceleration shortly after the initial gunning