Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that begs the question:

Does the LR require Drag Strip mode to obtain 3.1 sec?
Historically the non-performance models don't have any sort of 'go faster' mode so I'd assume that number is just 'all the time' power/speed. Which does beg the question, how fast is the Plaid if 'go faster' launch sequence isn't activated (which honestly seems like a PITA).

Ok rewatched the presentation... It wasn't great but ok I'm in love again, where's my damn car

Thanks player. Only problem is you know your boy got the white interior and peasant wheels. Sexy AF tho
Yeah I got the peasant wheels too, but that can change later down the road.

Was going to buy after market but think I'll just keep them tbh I'm all good as long as they look dark.
I had to save a lot of money to afford this, but I am getting ahead of my target. If I don't get my car till say October, I am planning on buying the arachnid and using them for daily driving. I'll have a full set to swap for road trips.

Yes, but I found that the regen of the Raven still had less effective braking than the 3/Y. I'm hoping that they might improve it and make it more consistent across the line up. Right now, each one responds slightly differently solely on regen.
All 3 motors are now PM so if Tesla wants they definitely *could* dial up the regen.

Has anyone gotten any new or useful information from their local SA's since last night? I am curious if there has been any internal company communication on deliveries? So far, no response from my SA's.
Yes, I am replying to myself. It’s hard to understand why they don’t return text messages or phone calls. They are certainly not busy selling cars!

• Funny
Reactions: Moose57 and Drew-MS
  • Added more pics: interior detail, list of media options: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • Tried the thumbwheel trick to bring up the PRND buttons (pic on SmugMug) -- I think its not quite ready for prime time as the button response was inconsistent--sometimes short press, sometimes long press, sometimes no response
  • Yes, black Alcantara on the inside, but not much--roof is one big honking piece of glass--shielding looks really strong (look at the top down pic I took)--so fabric is on the pillars and around the edges
  • Only FM - no AM, no Sirus/XM

Thank you so much, Omar. That was a lot to sit down and write after a long evening/drive. You are very much appreciated.

thanks as well to Ohmster for his pics!

you guys are great.
And if you missed it. We are both named Omar. :) One just significantly luckier yesterday than the other!

• Car is ~78in at the rear tires--will do more measuring later
  • Just posted more pics including the frunk: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • I now what the manual says, but there are no buttons I could see--even tried pressing that area--maybe its not enabled yet. We got a short orientation and they just showed us the screen control

Ran just now to garage, yo-yo in hand, wifey and benz is out shopping.

It will fit!

Attachments

• 16234300849828177719464283099124.jpg
    16234300849828177719464283099124.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 66