Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the event in person last night, met @omarsultan and chatted for a while; super nice guy, as you would expect! Congrats again on your delivery.

I know the presentation was underwhelming, but the highlight for me was speaking to some of the Tesla engineers that seemed super passionate about their work.

For example I spent a long time talking to the engineer who designed the heat pump, and I learned that it generates heat when it’s all the way down to -40°! (that’s both Fahrenheit and Celsius, in case you were wondering). Impressive!

I’ll share some photos from the event shortly. For now I’m keeping my Plaid+ reservation, but might switch to Plaid if the thermal management demonstrates that it’s capable of handling 20 minutes of proper track time (not drag strip) without curtailing power.

I was at the event in person last night, met @omarsultan and chatted for a while; super nice guy, as you would expect! Congrats again on your delivery.

I know the presentation was underwhelming, but the highlight for me was speaking to some of the Tesla engineers that seemed super passionate about their work.

For example I spent a long time talking to the engineer who designed the heat pump, and I learned that it generates heat when it’s all the way down to -40°! (that’s both Fahrenheit and Celsius, in case you were wondering). Impressive!

I’ll share some photos from the event shortly. For now I’m keeping my Plaid+ reservation, but might switch to Plaid if the thermal management demonstrates that it’s capable of handling 20 minutes of proper track time (not drag strip) without curtailing power.
Just wondering--are you thinking the plaid+ will be re-released in a year or two? It'd be cool if they do, but it seems like they'd name change it or something to differentiate (and for PR, not that they focus on that much).

I’ll share some photos from the event shortly. For now I’m keeping my Plaid+ reservation, but might switch to Plaid if the thermal management demonstrates that it’s capable of handling 20 minutes of proper track time (not drag strip) without curtailing power

All the Engineers I have met have been great people. There are a lot of good people there in general. My issue is with their policies. Looking forward to the photos.

• Added more pics: interior detail, list of media options: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • Tried the thumbwheel trick to bring up the PRND buttons (pic on SmugMug) -- I think its not quite ready for prime time as the button response was inconsistent--sometimes short press, sometimes long press, sometimes no response
  • Yes, black Alcantara on the inside, but not much--roof is one big honking piece of glass--shielding looks really strong (look at the top down pic I took)--so fabric is on the pillars and around the edges
  • Only FM - no AM, no Sirus/XM
Damn is that’s a good looking car, got to say. Much better in these pictures than renderings on website for sure. Hate we didn’t have any surprises and some things seem over hyped. Stinks about red calipers, not huge fan of yoke and stuff. But supper excited to get mine….”soon” or maybe July…..wait, maybe December……of 2024…..but “soon.”

You are not mistaken--but, as you can see, not an option so far. So, while the car is great, the SW feels a bit unfinished. My guess is part of the delay was for finishing touches on v11, and I think you will see some new capabilities unlocked or refined with that. BTW, I am good with that--SW can be fixes post delivery, HW issues, not so much.

View attachment 672218

Thanks for posting your Monroney. Judging by this, a round wheel seems to be likely an option.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid