Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see if yoke sticks. I can wait for a car so if by October we find out no one likes it hoping they change or I can cancel. Since day one I have thought "why change the steering wheel?" How we accelerate, brake and steer are ingrained since 15 years old.

Removing yokes and how we use turn signals or shifting is odd but easy to adapt.

I keep my hands up top on wheel and when I turn I let the wheel turn through my hands. Yoke will be odd to use.

Want it to work because I want an MS so badly.
I’m not sure yet about the yoke but it does look super awesome.

I just uploaded a video to SmugMug of me driving around the neighborhood, traffic circles and parking lots--you can see I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out where to put my hands, but I have to admit, it feels more comfortable already.

SmugMug is processing, so it might take some time to show up.

Love it.. so if a yoke attachment was available, would you get one? Or would you leave it alone ?

So...I’ve made a couple of posts, but have been reading since probably page 1100 or so.
@omar and the others from the event- thank you for all you’ve done with your time to post. Very nice of you all.

I’ve been thinking about the Tesla Monkey messing with our order dates. I have a theory, let me know what you think...

I log in and sometimes my order says August. Sometimes it’s blank, then goes back to August, rinse-repeat. MAYBE... we are all on a list. And when someone adds an order, removes their order, changes their order, etc. it moves them in line on the master list, which consequently changes other people’s position on the list.

So for 1-2 days we might stay put, then it goes blank because it is resetting our orders based on other orders coming in. E.g. Someone orders a Plaid, then I now go back in the line since I ordered a LR. Idk. Just thinking and trying to make sense of something that probably isn’t meant to make sense. lol.

anyway- back in my hole I go, waiting for my car! Haha

@Tigers you have a delivery date yet? :X

Unusually cruel and merciless

@EVonly

Hey - a bunch of you ole timers didn't have the internets either, yet, here we are. 😂

But in all honestly, I feel like the yoke will take maybe a week or two then it will be fine. Months later it'll be like when I kept leaving the car on while pumping gas because I forget I have to push some button to turn an ice car off.

I'm excited about the dash visibility.

Unusually cruel and merciless

@EVonly

Hey - a bunch of you ole timers didn't have the internets either, yet, here we are. 😂

But in all honestly, I feel like the yoke will take maybe a week or two then it will be fine. Months later it'll be like when I kept leaving the car on while pumping gas because I forget I have to push some button to turn an ice car off.

I'm excited about the dash visibility.
Back in the day, we had to turn a key 🤣🤣

Oh wait, are we all just being super negative and toxic to the Tesla community? I think not. Much of this is all new and we all need to figure out if things like a completely redesigned steering wheel that’s not round will work while driving a super expensive, 1,020 HP/TQ vehicle right? It’s not negative; it’s more about practicality and usefulness.
if Tesla doesn’t want me to be super negative and toxic they could give me a call, explain why they told me my car would be delivered in March when it still doesn’t have a delivery date now in June, and apologize.

Tesla Raj is fantastic! I came away from the event last night feeling a little discouraged and underwhelmed. Watching Tesla Raj's video left me feeling really excited for all the new improvements and the build quality upgrades. I was never impressed with the interior build quality of my P90DL for a car that had an MSRP above 140K.

It is clear that Tesla has definitely upped its game on the interior to compete with their German counterparts. I'm not sure they are quite there yet, but the gap appears to be narrowing significantly. Tesla Raj has a 4K video that he shot last night that is definitely worth the watch if you guys haven't seen it yet.

Leave it alone. It's not unusable, it's different--kinda like getting used to regen and one foot driving was with my first Tesla.
Regen was easy and practical. The Yoke seems very inconvenient and a little scary. I will accept the learning curve if you are on board with it. Again, appreciated all your efforts.

if Tesla doesn’t want me to be super negative and toxic they could give me a call, explain why they told me my car would be delivered in March when it still doesn’t have a delivery date now in June, and apologize.

Understood but if they just give me a good date, they do not even have to apologize.