Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@omarsultan

Did you find the energy app?
Last we heard it does not exist. The instrument panel also does not contain the info it used to contain. But anyway it is not needed. Supercharger session (ideal, single snap shot is all that is needed), or a long charge session with data from the car (three pieces of info, SoC %, kWh, miles) and some pics of SoC % and rated range is all we need.

For sure just need an SoC % and concurrent range number. Anytime would be great, lol.

Skimming through the owners manual for the new version, some observations:
  • Surprised to see that the new version has fixed front headrests, no adjustments. The Tesla headrests have always been poorly designed.
  • Astonished to see the seatbelts are still not adjustable for height! All the other fancy technical stuff, but the car lacks this basic adjustment for comfort that nearly every other car has!!
  • The instrument cluster is no longer configurable. What you see is what you get.
  • Glad to see that rear seat passengers can now operate their own ventilation controls and seat heaters.
  • Even though the website refers to “heated windshield,” the manual makes no mention of anything other than conventional defrosting. I had thought that “heated windshield” meant electrically heated, and I suspect some other people did, too (there was a post on here about it after the earlier reveal event).
No heated windshield would be a pretty egregious omission given that it’s clearly listed in the specs when ordering. A standard defroster is not the same thing.

Any word on the active noise cancellation? I have not seen any mention of how that is working.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
And my last 10 photos of the event:

745AC23B-F087-43CC-AA82-17205244B2A5.jpeg

4B9D1994-2F16-405E-928F-2CC7746FD5C1.jpeg

CB8CBEB1-48C8-4C5F-9ADD-C18EBD9EB864.jpeg

1F8B3740-8A7A-4275-966A-17D06DAA650D.jpeg

432818B6-1F09-47F1-B719-99EE91E3D4D6.jpeg

5515FFD3-5900-4DCA-95CE-B3D1E2EE1C5E.jpeg

04D924DB-A377-4AA4-BABE-2497424A48C3.jpeg

E36E64F6-D544-4B18-AFED-CB3CED34D59B.jpeg

4578A962-0D05-4248-8648-FD2497149095.jpeg

But anyway it is not needed.
Love the disagree, lol (what was there to disagree with?). To be clear, for trips, having the nice SoC % vs. distance would be nice.

But for (minimum) battery capacity there are other ways to get the answer. You just need to know range at 100% (or projected to it) and the constant. No need for energy consumption screen.

Supercharger session gives you the constant easily. Divide kW by the rate.

Normal charge session gives you the constant, but needs a longer session for accuracy and it is more fiddly (have to change display modes, etc.).

Last edited:
Anyone else have it looking like this, after you uploading everything, including the insurance? not sure why Insurance is stuck on this page even though i uploaded my photo a few days ago.
View attachment 672609
I think the check mark means you’re all set as they have your updated insurance info. Now it’s just a matter of getting your VIN. My account has been this way for a very long time.

I legitimately may cancel mine due to the yoke. But, I would also consider punting on delivery to see how things unfold. I am pretty sure you don't mean literally "funny". I sold my P100D MX in January to buy a refresh. Been driving a GMC Denali since. Six months later, I gave up on the MX and ordered an MS with the anticipation of a "June" delivery. I got a great outside loan offer that will expire if I don't use it in June and I will have to ping my credit score again to apply for a new loan. I now suspect I have been duped again on when I should expect getting back into a Tesla of any sort. I would not be in a good mood if, after all this, I canceled prematurely.

I realize I am saying that I both want the car "now" and may cancel the order. The sentiment on canceling is based on a sneaky suspicion I wouldn't like the yoke and the (very early) feedback from the few drivers that have used it, confirming my suspicion.
I have a feeling there will be a yoke attachment available soon.
Still June... day 2 🤩

Question: Omarsultan, I thought I heard you had signed a NDA on Thursday night, if so, for any reason are you still bound to it right now?
I thought he was joking lol
Not going to believe this…..still…..blank!! Yay!

wonder if we will see another flyover soon and if they are really cranking out MS’s at the factory since we are through the delivery event.
My 2nd order was placed 2 weeks after you. The only difference is I ordered with wood. My account updated to June last night.

Skimming through the owners manual for the new version, some observations:
  • Surprised to see that the new version has fixed front headrests, no adjustments. The Tesla headrests have always been poorly designed.
  • Astonished to see the seatbelts are still not adjustable for height! All the other fancy technical stuff, but the car lacks this basic adjustment for comfort that nearly every other car has!!
  • The instrument cluster is no longer configurable. What you see is what you get.
  • Glad to see that rear seat passengers can now operate their own ventilation controls and seat heaters.
  • Even though the website refers to “heated windshield,” the manual makes no mention of anything other than conventional defrosting. I had thought that “heated windshield” meant electrically heated, and I suspect some other people did, too (there was a post on here about it after the earlier reveal event).

@omarsultan Can you confirm the heated windshield? How is it heated?

Reactions: David29
Alternative facts here: I guess we can go off the Tesla website (still just estimates, not EPA estimates):

390 (19”)
348 (21”)

So at least that aligns. So I’d expect 21” to have ~295Wh/mi constant and 19” to have 264Wh/mi. (Based on the Monroney calculation to about 103kWh.)

But neither is consistent with the Supercharger session picture above showing 146kW @ 590mi/hr (247Wh/mi). In the end we don’t know what vehicle that was, exactly.

There is the LR at 405 mi but that would be 254Wh/mi (if the pack is the same, which it might not be).

Just guesses, all of this. Very limited info. At least 348 miles aligns here! Now we just need a confirmed constant to go along with that known vehicle...

Last edited: