Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also thanks to Omar for his willingness to share. I believe the yoke is a bit ill conceived but I’d like to give Omar a few days to adjust. I think U-turns are more problematic than emergency maneuvers. At over 45mph if you crank the wheel 180° you are already in a lot of trouble. Is the yoke complicated, surely someone here has had a Ferrari

Attachments

• E4982DC6-3BA6-4DF8-99E1-FF65F52612DE.jpeg
    E4982DC6-3BA6-4DF8-99E1-FF65F52612DE.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 67
I’ve been checking lately at least 5 times per day.... ‘At least’ hah
Ever since the Event, I’m checking way too often. It’s always blank. At this point I’m sad and mad. This uncertainty is unneeded and very disrespectful to their customers. (Nothing new for Tesla, I know). 😤

p.s. the yoke looks uncomfortable to use.

Also thanks to Omar for his willingness to share. I believe the yoke is a bit ill conceived but I’d like to give Omar a few days to adjust. I think U-turns are more problematic than emergency maneuvers. At over 45mph if you crank the wheel 180° you are already in a lot of trouble. Is the yoke complicated, surely someone here has had a Ferrari
At least with the Ferrari steering wheel, you can grab pretty much anywhere to use it and turn the wheel. Most of the buttons/switches on the Ferrari steering wheel aren't used much during driving...more like set it and forget it although there are a few used on the fly.

Very good to know... but the refresh steering wheel has so much going on (blinkers etc) so it may be a pain in the ass to change out the wheel. I’d like an attachment of some sort idk.
Edit: I’ll be very impressed if they come out with a wheel for the refresh. The prior model s was relatively simple in comparison.
Not really. A button is a button. The old wheel had 6 buttons and 4 scroll directions. The new one has 8 buttons and 4 scroll directions.
It doesn't really matter that the buttons are blinkers.
The haptic thing might be hard to emulate, but even that isn't rocket science.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Very good to know... but the refresh steering wheel has so much going on (blinkers etc) so it may be a pain in the ass to change out the wheel. I’d like an attachment of some sort idk.
Edit: I’ll be very impressed if they come out with a wheel for the refresh. The prior model s was relatively simple in comparison.
I’m sure someone will develop something and maybe when the time comes we can all do a group buy.

I only really have 2 concerns with the yoke…comfortable hand placement on long distance drives and emergency circumstances where instincts will have me going for the top of the wheel and it’s not there.

Otherwise I think it’s kinda cool to be honest.

I’m sure someone will develop something and maybe when the time comes we can all do a group bye.

I only really have 2 concerns with the yoke…comfortable hand placement on long distance drives and emergency circumstances where instincts will have me going for the top of the wheel and it’s not there.

Otherwise I think it’s kinda cool to be honest.
I think that's ALL Elon was going for here and not thinking about all the other implications and probable safety/driving comfort/emergency situation issues. Sad that the company allowed it to happen as standard and not just an option for owners to decide.

Wouldn’t you think if we are getting plaids Bedford end of June they would have to realistically assign VINs like first thing this week…that leaves about 2 weeks left in June then. If they don’t assign VINs in the beginning of this week, I think we are looking at July then.
My SA told me I should expect delivery in July. Now I know that SA don't know jack at this point. But I think it's only realistic to shoot for July or August deliveries even if you got Plaid on pre-order

Is the Arachnid wheel in the Tesla Online Shop different from the one coming installed on the refreshed Model S?

That’s a wheel. Not sure what you’re getting at here. Because there’s buttons and settings on it?

I think that's ALL Elon was going for here and not thinking about all the other implications and probable safety/driving/emergency situation issues. Sad that the company allowed it to happen as standard and not just an option for owners to decide.
Oh I agree 1000%!
I don’t see any real functional advantages to the yoke. It’s purely because he thinks it’s cool and MAYBE a sliver of better visibility for the dash screens.

Edit: I’m actually stunned it’s not “optional”!

After being jerked around for six months and deciding I may not be able to live with a yoke, I decided to take a little trip down to Porsche to test drive the Tacyan 4s. Sadly, my friends, I can verify that nothing comes even close to the MS. Even my original 2012 MS was breathtaking to accelerate, corner and handle. The Porsche, a supposed sports car, felt downright sluggish compared to the MS. Heck, my just-sold MX felt quicker and more agile.

At first, I thought it was because I wasn't in Sport or Sport+ mode. So, I kicked those on and noticed the car making a faux engine noise (silly), and, at one point, I saw a message telling me that HVAC was being shut off to preserve performance. Yes, you read that right. And, it's 93 degrees where I am. This was their 130k trim level. To get closer to the MS, you go way up in $ from there.

Ummmm, no thanks.

It's like the Tesla Gods are taunting me: "I told you you would never love anyone like you loved me. Don't try that again...."
The Taycan Turbo S is probably similar to the Model S performance (at double the price.) And no charging network.
Porsche will probably come out with a hyper electric at some point 😁 (at the price of a 918 spyder 🙁.)

Is the Arachnid wheel in the Tesla Online Shop different from the one coming installed on the refreshed Model S?

The new wheels are 9.5” and 10.5” wide. Those are the old ones.

Reactions: EVonly and rpan25