Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than the spoiler, now that we know the brakes are all black, is there any way to know these are not all Plaids waiting for shipment? They can add a spoiler and a Plaid model plaque in 10 minutes per car or less.

That could explain the reason why no LR cars are being delivered. They may have only built Plaids so far.

I know it’s crazy to say, but like how the 60’s were software limited 75’s in 2016-2017, what if the LR become simply software limited Plaids?
So the long ranges will have an unused 3rd motor?

Interesting, it looked like CarPlay but I didn’t pair my phone since it was just a test drive. Is Tesla using its own software to read texts, access calendars, and integrate with an iPhone?
Yes - Tesla uses Bluetooth standards to allow music streaming,but also they use Bluetooth extensions to allow phone calls to be made, and messages to be composed and read with Tesla’s built in voice assistant. Works pretty well…not as integrated as CarPlay with the iphone - but more integrated on the car side..

you’ll find its fine for daily use

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex
Honest question, not meant to start a war between the classes...
What is the point of getting Plaid (other than getting a car sooner at this point)?

Here's my reasoning. The LR goes 0-60 in 3.1. Plaid apparently only does 2.5 to 2.7 unless "engaged" or whatever which takes 5 minutes and puts it into a stance for takeoff. So what other value am I missing? Thinking back to the days of the P models, you'd pay $20k for the added speed. Why is it now so much more? Really not trying to make pokes at peacocking or anything, truly trying to understand.

What is the point of getting Plaid (other than getting a car sooner at this point)?

Here's my reasoning. The LR goes 0-60 in 3.1. Plaid apparently only does 2.5 to 2.7 unless "engaged" or whatever which takes 5 minutes and puts it into a stance for takeoff. So what other value am I missing? Thinking back to the days of the P models, you'd pay $20k for the added speed. Why is it now so much more? Really not trying to make pokes at peacocking or anything, truly trying to understand.
Does it really take 5 minutes to precondition the battery? Can @omarsultan please confirm how long it takes for the battery to precondition on an average day? Thank you for all that you do Omar

3 motors vs. 2. If the Plaid is supposedly 2/3 the 0-60 time of the LR, and it is getting 2.7 without prep, then you can expect the LR to get closer to 3.9 seconds without prep.

No one is truly going to know the reality of these things until some LR videos make it to Youtube.

Actually a great question. That is a lot of money and one should be sure why.

The Plaid is a phenomenal vehicle and a wonder of engineering - especially for its price.

I chose the LR because I cannot appreciate the performance. I see it is undeniably there, I just do not have the value for it. I want a fast car (get tune in your head) and 3.1 is pretty fast. I want a travel car that rides nice on the road but has giddy up when needed. The LR checks my boxes and there are not many boxes the Plaid checks to justify price to me. Look at it like a $1M dumptruck. To the right person using its utility, it is a steal but to me, I can use the trailer on the back of my Jeep to haul the kayaks around.

Again, I applaud those that are getting the Plaid - it is an awesome vehicle. I have joked about peacocking but honestly all Tesla's are peacocking to an extent.

If all you’re doing is a paper exercise, then you’ll never understand. Once you experience the difference in feel, then you won’t ask the question

Let’s all be honest. No one needs Plaid, Plaid + (RIP) or even LR at 3.1 seconds. It’s fun and fast. And you get to be unique. That’s it. I say that as someone with an X P90D.

I don’t think there’s anyone I’ve met who paid more for the P or Plaid who has/will say it was worth every dollar except to get it earlier. Just being honest.

3 motors vs. 2. If the Plaid is supposedly 2/3 the 0-60 time of the LR, and it is getting 2.7 without prep, then you can expect the LR to get closer to 3.9 seconds without prep.

No one is truly going to know the reality of these things until some LR videos make it to Youtube.
That is likely completely untrue. Like the 3, LR won’t take any prep nor have a launch mode.

+ converted to Plaid at older pricing. Base car with red as the only option. Still an RN.

How many out there are + to Plaid?
Where did you end up pricing wise?
Any + to Plaids getting a VIN?

The call I got (which I was reminded each and every time was being recorded) came with the pitch "trade your + order for a Plaid June delivery". That seems somewhat suicidal on Tesla's part given we are making promises with a three week window. It is pretty obvious that you knew, or should have known, that this was a disingenuous pitch if you end up missing the June delivery. I'm not saying Tesla is not going to do what they said they would do; I'm only saying they constructed a very tight box to climb into.

Talk about crushed dreams lol

Attachments

• CFAE080B-2489-4820-8597-DC35C3603786.jpeg
    CFAE080B-2489-4820-8597-DC35C3603786.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: HumanInput