Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does everyone feel about the 1000 cars each week next quarter statement made at the event? That's 142 cars a day assuming they're working 7 days a week. 6 cars an hour if the factory runs 24 hours a day.

So 1 car every 10 minutes? I don't know.... sounds like a lot if Fremont is the only place pumping these out.
Well, they were doing that before for several years, so it’s not a question of can they since they’ve already proven they can. The only question is how long to ramp up to full production and how will supply constraints impact their production schedules.

Reactions: HumanInput
This is an interesting question. The plaid lists as a feature the carbon sleeve rotors but is silent on the motors for the LR. I don't think the LR would see a unused motor sitting there but was a little surprised to see the dual rear motors sharing a housing. What will the motors in the LR be?
Probably carryover motors from the Raven, but with the upgraded CV drive shafts from the TSB (to avoid the clunking and knocking sounds that show up after a few thousand miles).

Race car driver & Tesla consultant, Randy Pobst behind the (round - not yoke) wheel, lol! 😎😜. Btw - read an article that said Randy Pobst came in for a pit stop when the Plaid was @ 30% battery and he said the car felt just as strong then as when he first started at 100%. That’s telling! 👍🏻😎
that sentence caught my eye too. tells me they really addressed the cooling concerns.

I have in writing that they are going to provide me with full self driving “later this year,” but obviously there is zero chance of that. It would be an amusing lawsuit with Tesla arguing (correctly, perhaps) that they aren’t liable because nobody would take what they say seriously.
I was waiting for this post............. You can see this coming a mile away.

Reactions: Casablanca
Race car driver & Tesla consultant, Randy Pobst behind the (round - not yoke) wheel, lol! 😎😜. Btw - read an article that said Randy Pobst came in for a pit stop when the Plaid was @ 30% battery and he said the car felt just as strong then as when he first started at 100%. That’s telling! 👍🏻😎
OMG
That was crawling. Those were "Supercars"???
Now going back and watching the "lap time" Tesla set at Laguna is a heck of a flying lap!!

Last edited:
First Post!

Ordered a MS LR (black/black, 21", FSD) as my first Tesla on Jan. 28th from Germany. Even cancelled my MY preorder for that.

For data and search purposes: I've had a September delivery window up until a few days ago, now the deliver info is gone in my order info.

In general I'm really hyped and excited for the MS. I'm coming from a strict BMW / Mercedes background and I'm really bummed by how bad their e-mobility stuff is. Also, thanks to everyone for posting so much wonderful information!

Finally spoke with a DA Saturday. He said most likely July for me. I have a Red with white seats/Carbon Fiber. All of which Tesla is in short supply of. He said he was not aware of this affecting people who ordered when I did in January, but they are making them in batches and just starting to see VIN's show up in their system. East coast takes 2 weeks for freight, but Chicago only takes about 7-9 days so maybe there is still hope for June, but doubt it.

First Post!

Ordered a MS LR (black/black, 21", FSD) as my first Tesla on Jan. 28th from Germany. Even cancelled my MY preorder for that.

For data and search purposes: I've had a September delivery window up until a few days ago, now the deliver info is gone in my order info.

In general I'm really hyped and excited for the MS. I'm coming from a strict BMW / Mercedes background and I'm really bummed by how bad their e-mobility stuff is. Also, thanks to everyone for posting so much wonderful information!
Similar story here, ordered MS LR (MSM, Black, Arachnid, no FSD) in February, first Tesla after only having driven BMW & Audi so far.
Initially got expected delivery end of May when they were still overly optimistic on starting deliveries in March, later in April got updated to November.

As it is a lease car, I don't have the order in my account and need to rely on SA updates from Tesla Amsterdam. But hoping some MS's will be on a boat across the Atlantic over the summer, can't wait! Until then, this is an amazing source of information, thanks all!!!

Did anyone who has gotten a VIN have the promised $2k discount for having your order switched? I'm wondering if Tesla still plans on honoring that. It was never added to my order agreement like they promised, and I don't have any official word of it except in a text message from Tesla.