Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure that is correct. Given it is explicitly mentioned on the Monroney sticker it implies the HW is already there. As I have noted before, the SW seems a bit unfinished and disjointed. I expect XM will become available as an option via OTA update.
Have you, or do you plan to, open a service ticket for the missing XM radio, or are you just going to wait and see if it shows up later? (Or maybe you don't even care.)

If this is your first Tesla ordering rodeo, let me help; there is no logic or reason for the way Tesla assigns these cars. You will drive yourself insane trying to figure best configuration that will help you to get the car sooner. It does not matter. Think of this like a lottery. Or waiting for Godot. Or an excuse to hang out with bunch of Tesla addicts (guilty). Just enjoy the ride (with yoke in your hand). Car will come but not when you think. I once had VIN and delivery date for MY, could not make the date due to business trip, they took away the VIN. Had to get some serious detox help. But I lived. And here we go again.
Loved your explanation. Surprised you didn't cancel the business trip! Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Aplus2005
For those that haven’t looked at the tracking sheet lately, we have 6 Plaid+ listed, 39 Plaid and 137 LRs in this group. Not surprisingly, most of the more recent orders are Plaid, given we know that will certainly get you to the front of the line as long as you don’t order CF or something else in short supply.

So roughly 5% of our group made the initial 25 cars delivered. Unfortunately too small a sample to infer what total Plaid orders are for Tesla. Simple extrapolation says about 500, but my gut says between 1,500-2,000. So 250 a week should get rid of most of that backlog by next month, probably earlier given supply issues on certain interiors and trims. But they will probably start sprinkling in some LRs anyway since we’ve seen them staged in various completions of builds.

Has anyone here with an LR gotten a VIN yet? I’ve seen people post June delivery dates, but given their usefulness to date VINs are a better indicator one is coming.
Is there a 2021 refresh sheet ?

I am not sure that is correct. Given it is explicitly mentioned on the Monroney sticker it implies the HW is already there. As I have noted before, the SW seems a bit unfinished and disjointed. I expect XM will become available as an option via OTA update.
Can I just say...aside from being an amazing source of info about the new Model S....Omar has the nicest internet etiquette. We should all be this polite! Sorry, off topic, I know!

Is there a 2021 refresh sheet ?

I was referring to your comment that a car every ten minutes seemed to be a difficult thing to do. It’s the parts shortage that is the constraint, not a manufacturing issue.
Right, but Elon still said that as if he’s expecting the shortages to decrease next quarter. Just curious if anyone thinks production will actually go back to 1000/week

Reactions: HumanInput
Your know, those are not mutually exclusive. :)

Actually, I knew I had a VIN because I got an email for final payment.
That's how mine worked as well. Finally payment ready email from [email protected]. My SA called about a few hours later confirming that I wanted to pay cash - I had changed my mind so she opened up the loan option for me again.

It's complicated :)
The Monroney sticker mentions XM specifically, but it is currently not an available source. There are suggestions is maybe be enabled via an OTA update. I'll post some console pics later today to the SmugMug library.
@omarsultan thanks for the replies! I have read your posts regarding the new Model S, and they provide a lot more useful information than the youtube videos that I think are OK for fanboys, but not much help to those who have ordered and will use the car daily with their friends and families. IMHO. I have ordered a LR, and the Tesla SA said that he is very confident that it will be delivered by October in the Philly area.

Any chance you can post an image of the Monroney sticker of your car with VIN numbers and any other detail you don't want to share blurred out?

Reactions: omarsultan
Reactions: byeLT4 and TNGuy99