Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting frustrated with timeline again, I went and looked at the Taycan Turbo S again. Not as fast, less range, can't seat my whole family. Guess I wait for Tesla to get it together.
And it cost almost $60k more (before adding options.) A few months ago, I thought about going that route. I’m still here lol

Getting frustrated with timeline again, I went and looked at the Taycan Turbo S again. Not as fast, less range, can't seat my whole family. Guess I wait for Tesla to get it together.
Plus the abysmal charging situation.
Until I am guaranteed that when I stop at a charger during a road trip, the charger will 100% work as advertised, I won’t consider anything but Tesla for a daily/car I need to road trip charge from time to time. I couldn’t imagine charting a trip out only to get to the garbage electrify America charger where there’s 3 total, 2 broken, and 1 charging slow. Forget it. Non starter.

There is very little monthly price difference between lease and buy with the MS. You’re agreeing to pay for half the car at half the term of a loan, so both sides divide by two and they basically equal out.

Some advantages to lease: guaranteed minimum sale amount (by turning in the lease), FSD and taxes are pro rated to your term length, down payment is significantly smaller than many of the finance options.

Some disadvantages: you’re likely paying a higher interest rate behind the scenes, can’t take advantage of really low interest rates on purchases, and less flexibility on miles (I did 15K miles a year to compensate for this).
Here in Pennsylvania they charge an extra 3% tax, in addition to the 6% sales tax (higher if living in Philadelphia county) when leasing a vehicle. So the advantages of leasing diminish greatly here.

Plus the abysmal charging situation.
Until I am guaranteed that when I stop at a charger during a road trip, the charger will 100% work as advertised, I won’t consider anything but Tesla for a daily/car I need to road trip charge from time to time. I couldn’t imagine charting a trip out only to get to the garbage electrify America charger where there’s 3 total, 2 broken, and 1 charging slow. Forget it. Non starter.
Yeah, ea users like to brag that they don't have stall sharing, but their stations are so small that even one broken cable makes a dramatic capacity difference.

Thanksgiving and Christmas will be interesting on their network.

Good question which leads me to ask… what happens if you accidentally unlock the seatbelt while the vehicle is moving? Does it jam into park or continue to allow you to drive? (I’m not guessing this answer is known yet but there will probably be a You Tube video in the future.
If you undo the seatbelt while in motion the car chimes at you. Of course it doesn't stop you or try to put it in park.

What do you mean in your signature by returned your 2020 due to issues with FSD?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I called Tesla, they confirmed that changing my trim would make me pay the updated price, and the guy didn't think it would actually get me the car any sooner either.
I'll admit I was wrong on that one. I didn't think there was a chance in hell changing trim from carbon to wood would trigger the price change but enough people have reported that confirmed by their SA that it must be true. Makes no sense at all to me still.

Since the wheel widths and offsets are known, I though about changing back from arachnids to 19's and going aftermarket.... but I guess not!

I'll admit I was wrong on that one. I didn't think there was a chance in hell changing trim from carbon to wood would trigger the price change but enough people have reported that confirmed by their SA that it must be true. Makes no sense at all to me still.
I agree - it seems incomprehensible! Seems to be the Tesla way though, so it shouldn’t really surprise us at this point.

Edit: I thought about the same thing with the Arachnids, but just adjust your thinking to the fact that you are getting the 21’s for free and getting a $5,500 discount on the car. I thought the arachnids looked great on the black Plaid that Elon drove on stage. I also think there might be some aerodynamic advantages to the new design that we probably wouldn’t get from aftermarket wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: HumanInput