Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about the US, but in Germany one of the big numbers in the performance scene is the 100km/h to 200km/h time. (The only time we can comfortably measure on the autobahn. :D)

That would be about 62 mph to 124mph. Has anyone measured that yet? @omarsultan, do you have the patience (and a safe space) to measure that? That would be really interesting.

Thank you!

I don't know about the US, but in Germany one of the big numbers in the performance scene is the 100km/h to 200km/h time. (The only time we can comfortably measure on the autobahn. :D)

That would be about 62 mph to 124mph. Has anyone measured that yet? @omarsultan, do you have the patience (and a safe space) to measure that? That would be really interesting.

Thank you!

Not sure much patience is needed. Should be under 5 secs - close to 4 I would think. Then another 3.5 to 150.

Tesla’s AI should limit power in certain scenarios (side streets etc) and let it all out when conditions permit. But I know some folks won’t want any part of that lol.

Had to make an account just to say that's an awful idea. I wouldn't even think about buying the car in that case. Tesla would kill their business doing that too.

I do think folks interested in an X should stop dawdling and lock in the price--all its costing you is $100.

I did that last week but LR X config is 112k how I want it vs. 95k for comparable S. But c'est la vie for growing family.

I almost got a 60D X in 2016 but they discontinued it the day before I called my SA to put the 2500 deposit on it. 75D was so much more the S was the only way.

Not making that mistake again.

The delivery window on my account showed 06/27 - 06/30 last week. This week it shows nothing. I called and spoke to a CSR person and they said my estimated delivery is now August. I said WTF? He said it is because I have the carbon fiber interior option and it is delayed. I said what if I change the spec on the order? He said that any order change would kick in the new pricing and would be $10,000 more. I said WTF? My reservation was booked in January.

Attachments

• ETA.jpg
    ETA.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 59
OMG!!!
I'm still VERY interested in knowing what the charge curve looks like on the new S. Here is the first new data I've seen on it in days, via the Tesla Discord chat a moment ago. I do a lot of long road trips in Teslas and this is my #1 thing-to-be-excited-about with the refresh.

It appears to be holding 246kW after already having added 12kWh. For comparison sake, my X charges at 200kW for about 8 seconds before ramping way down. This is good!

View attachment 673868
!!!!!

The delivery window on my account showed 06/27 - 06/30 last week. This week it shows nothing. I called and spoke to a CSR person and they said my estimated delivery is now August. I said WTF? He said it is because I have the carbon fiber interior option and it is delayed. I said what if I change the spec on the order? He said that any order change would kick in the new pricing and would be $10,000 more. I said WTF? My reservation was booked in January.
This seems to be whats happening for most of us. Pretty upsetting that folks who ordered only a few days ago already have VINs (good for them though!). I would attribute it to Tesla wanting to milk the $10k of extra profit, but really I'm sure its just incompetence and a lack of caring about their customers.

I can’t imagine the LR price not increasing. Watching a Bjorn video on the M3LR+ and as you spec out a M3P, it makes no sense not to just upgrade to the MSLR, it’s so much more car for the money.

Also, Tesla Daily’s highlight that the MX Plaid being $10K less than the MS Plaid means that the MX will also see a $10-20K price increase (my guess is $20K).
You’re talking a 23k price difference - that’s NOT a difference most people can afford. The only reason I personally switched from going for a 3 to going for an S is that I was well below budget anyways, and didn’t know about the refresh till just before I almost ordered a 3. I was only looking at the 3 because I thought it was the nicer car at the time. But, if my budget WAS at the 3’s pricing, I wouldn’t have forked over an extra 23k. (close to half the price of the 3P).

I feel like most people switching over will have a similar story.

Unless you’re making a review video. Then, you can easily drop an extra 50k no problem!

Last edited:
I know you can set up a PIN to activate the car but I think they just might have made it a little too easy, there should be at least one strength or skill component here. Older cars had you press the clutch while turning the key, press the shift lever button while pulling with a foot on the brake, releasing the hand/foot parking brake, sometimes turn the wheel to release the wheel lock, things like that. It's so easy a kid can do it now, and possibly without really realizing what is happening. It's so quiet the parents might not realize it either.

Or is that the idea because FSD is gonna drive the kids to school soon.

I don't know if it's a good or bad point, just change.
I have the same fear. What is going to stop my 2 year old from picking up my phone, getting in the car, playing with the seat belt and bucking it, stepping on the brakes, the car shifting into gear, and then the car moving?

I can think of a few things that will help. Door has to be closed, hopefully a certain amount of weight in the seat is required. I will be turning on pin to drive but the kids are smart and can probably figure that out.

Questions....

@Cherry Wine
This is what I measured with my Apple Watch, by my home and on the freeway (decent condition):
  • Surface street, 25 mph: 53 dB
  • Freeway, 70 mph: 65 dB
  • Freeway: 80 mph: 69 dB
Will compare with the X tomorrow

@Gluber
No, warnings in the side mirrors when you merge, only in the IC visualization

@cwanja
I need a bit more explanation, I do not have a 3/Y and my son is 6'4", so beyond the car seat stage :)

@Str8down
No hotspot

@miketc
Page 209 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Aleks0404
Page 208 in the manual, unless you mean something else

@Philekins
With the seat all the way up and the suspension all the way up, seat high is ~25in. There is still and Easy Entry profile and geotagging of suspension settings
Haha fair enough @omarsultan. So here’s a video of the feature in a 3/Y -

My assumption is you could have anyone sit in the back, unbuckled and attempt to change the seat belt alert to a child seat via the touchscreen. Let me know if that’s not clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crb003
See!?! Checking the account page constantly does help and is a great idea! Clearly @dfinn1 is being rewarded for his checking efforts, so don't neglect your account page, double down! Check once every, oh I don't know, 3 minutes or so! 🐒
Since I notice you're about 3 hours further east than I am, does that mean I get a car 3 hours before you? :)
I'm also upping my check in mode to every 2 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Care to elaborate more on MSD and losing the down payment if the car totalled? Isn't that what GAP insurance is there for, so if the car gets totalled you get reimbursed full amount of the loan or at least that's what I thought. Can you explain more? Does this apply to lease only or does it apply to loan too? Thank you

This only applies to leasing. Put as little down as possible when leasing. If you put $10,000 down on your new Plaid lease and total it driving off the lot, the lease terminates. You owe nothing to the bank. However, you do not get your $10,000 back. Gap insurance will cover the difference between the car's value and its payoff amount in the event that you owe more on it than it's worth. So your insurance pays the present day value of the car and Gap pays the bank whatever the difference is between that amount and your current lease payoff amount. Gap protects the bank, not you.

If your credit is not pristine or your debt to income ratio is too high, banks may require a sizable down payment on the lease to lower your monthly payment. If that is the case, then leasing may not be the best option for that particular buyer on that particular expensive car. Leasing requires higher credit scores and lower debt to income ratios than traditional finance purchases.

Multiple Security Deposits (MSD’s) are paid “like a down payment” up front to the bank when the lease is executed. They simply buy down the money factor (interest rate) to ultimately save you money over the term. You are refunded these MSD’s at the end of your lease. This is beneficial if your credit is not stellar and the bank is charging you a higher money factor as a result, or during a time when the lending rates are high. Today this is the opposite case. We are in an era of almost free money. You are better off keeping as much cash up front and investing it. Why drop $10,000 in MSD’s to save a point in the money factor when you can invest that $10,000 and earn a 5%-10% yield in a nice index fund?

There are so many websites that do a much better job than me at explaining the in‘s and out’s of leasing. Like I said about 600:pages prior, leasing a Plaid makes no financial sense due to the math. BMW’s, Maserati’s, Alfa Romeo’s, Volvo’s, and many other makes lease very well and make sense. Tesla‘s do not. However, I was worried about the Plaid+ cannibalizing my resale value. My thinking was that the regular Plaid was not much different from the LR to the Plaid+, so perhaps down the road people would look for the Plaid+ on the used market and the Plaid would lose significant value. Purely speculation on my part, but leasing hedges against that sort of thing.

They hit everyone with a 10k increase when they announced the refresh and then offered a 2k discount for those who ordered pre-refresh. I'm skeptical about yet another increase on the LR.
I can’t imagine the LR price not increasing. Watching a Bjorn video on the M3LR+ and as you spec out a M3P, it makes no sense not to just upgrade to the MSLR, it’s so much more car for the money.

Also, Tesla Daily’s highlight that the MX Plaid being $10K less than the MS Plaid means that the MX will also see a $10-20K price increase (my guess is $20K).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Yeah those things alone aren’t “weird” but combined with your schizophrenic offers to people, they’re called red flags. And this activity says fraud.

This is even shadier! $50k on top of the total price of a car you can order yourself, at the normal price, and have in the same time frame? You also selling steak knives that cut through shoes and still slice tomatoes? 🙄

Regardless, this isn’t the place to conduct business.