Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the website renders, the Plaid has contrast stitching and piping and the LR does not. The effect is subtle on the website--more pronounced IRL.
@omarsultan Did you see any launch cars with cream interiors? How dark is the cream and how does it look? I'm struggling between cream and Tesla's signature white. #pleaseHelp :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It magically appeared on the site after 1am ET last night. (Refresh refresh refresh.) I actually notified my SA about it when I saw it.
Btw, this video really resonated when my kids first went to summer camp. My wife was relentlessly focused on finding glimpses of our kids in any pics that the camp posted … so for her it was 7 weeks of “refresh refresh refresh”.

I now understand that relentless focus in a new way. :cool:

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am at the car wash, hopefully getting my ICE wash for the last time! Meanwhile, I have a third-party lender with a bank. For anyone who has gotten notification for final payment, do you have any idea how to arrange payment? I think I indicated cash when I filled out the order initially. Will get on a computer to see if I can figure it out, but off the top of my head, not sure how to arrange for payment.
I'm financing through Bank of America and they told me they will just ACH the money to Tesla. Look at the MVPA on your account, save the file so you can upload it to your lender. I'm now in the 10-14 day delivery window, so I share your excitement.

@omarsultan Did you see any launch cars with cream interiors? How dark is the cream and how does it look? I'm struggling between cream and Tesla's signature white. #pleaseHelp :)
Don't fret over this if you want a sooner delivery coz it looks like you have a window delivery within the next two weeks. If you end up changing interior, you will fall back in the line.

I am unable to reconcile the stance of the Chat Support in the online Tesla Shop as well as my local service center that *all* current All Weather Mats (front, rear, trunk, frunk) will fit perfectly in Plaid/LR vs. observation of some folks on this thread that the mats don't fit.

Being in Seattle/PNW, all weather mats are kinda necessary on day 1 and I was looking to get ahead of the curve before they potentially go out of stock (+ scratch the itch of something with Tesla on it show up on my doorstep), but it seems the fit question is still ambiguous.

I am unable to reconcile the stance of the Chat Support in the online Tesla Shop as well as my local service center that *all* current All Weather Mats (front, rear, trunk, frunk) will fit perfectly in Plaid/LR vs. observation of some folks on this thread that the mats don't fit.

Being in Seattle/PNW, all weather mats are kinda necessary on day 1 and I was looking to get ahead of the curve before they potentially go out of stock (+ scratch the itch of something with Tesla on it show up on my doorstep), but it seems the fit question is still ambiguous.
Maybe @Atomadam can weigh in--I think he ran into a problem

Hey @omarsultan looking back at your photos, I think my question about the seat belt alert / making it a child seat is moot. The alert is on the instrument cluster - which I assume is not touch sensitive. So there is no way to way to tell the car the backseat has a car seat instead of a human when you get the seat belt alert. Unless there is an alert on the primary display you can pop up and configure - but I doubt it.

I just got a very interesting call from Tesla in Fremont, the first communication I've had from Tesla since my placing my order btw. Guy asked me if I was interested in taking earlier delivery of my Plaid by swapping from Carbon Fiber to Wood Interior trim. And I said "absolutely". I would have already done this since they starting offering the black ebony wood with the black interior. But I didn't want to get hit with the price hike from current pricing etc. So.. He says he will get my order updated and they will get back with me soon when I have a VIN assigned and that I should now be looking at delivery by the end of June (Nashville). WooHoo!

Edit: Just got an email from Tesla confirming the update and my order details have updated in my account as well!

Last edited: