Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really happy to see deliveries being scheduled and VIN’s being populated, but it kinda stinks for those of us LR folks that have had orders on for 1/2 year+ now and still no word. (A couple have heard so hopefully it’ll start to trickle to some of us others) 😏
Hey you are not alone. I have a Plaid order that's past 6 months old and I'm seeing others get VINs while I sit and watch.

I got a phone call from an unfamiliar number that my phone listed as "Maybe: Tesla". Obviously I answered it with my eagerness going through the roof. The guy starts off with "Hey rpan25, I am xxxx and I wanted to welcome you to the Tesla family...." with a bunch of generic spiel. I'm waiting on pins and needles for him to say the words "Model S", "delivery", "Plaid", "your", etc. Finally, after all that he says "The reason I am calling you is because you have expressed interest in Tesla Solar Panels....". 😒😖

Talk about a total buzzkill. Haha.

For those of you who have received VINs. How were you informed? Was it by text, email, phone? Or did it just magically appear in your order page?
I just received a VIN. I received an email to make final payment. Then went to account page, and VIN was there!

Dallas, Texas - RN 1150 - Plaid MSM/Black interior with wood, Spiders, No FSD - Delivery is June 28-30.

I just got a very interesting call from Tesla in Fremont, the first communication I've had from Tesla since my placing my order btw. Guy asked me if I was interested in taking earlier delivery of my Plaid by swapping from Carbon Fiber to Wood Interior trim. And I said "absolutely". I would have already done this since they starting offering the black ebony wood with the black interior. But I didn't want to get hit with the price hike from current pricing etc. So.. He says he will get my order updated and they will get back with me soon when I have a VIN assigned and that I should now be looking at delivery by the end of June (Nashville). WooHoo!

Edit: Just got an email from Tesla confirming the update and my order details have updated in my account as well!
Hi, I'm in Nashville, and already have wood, so maybe there is hope for me!
Let me know how it goes!
Mark

their website rates aren't even out of the 4% range for 72 months. Maybe you're a VIP member :)

I’m definitely no VIP at anything! :)

You‘re looking at the rates for RV’s and such. Here are the new car rates for 72 mos:

61-72 months (greater than or equal to $20,000)2.38% to 14.48%

Still, well above my 1.2% they quoted me back in January when I applied. Back then I thought I’d have my car within 30 days. I’m guessing the rates have gone up a point or so since then. I know it was a special they were running when I applied. You could call and ask them about any special rate offers they me have, I suppose.

Incidentally, they notified me about a month ago that I would have to reapply when I get my VIN since it has been so long.

Phrasing.
1623881217177.gif

Received a call from Tesla today regarding my LR.

I was told I should have a VIN in the next week, and to prepare for delivery in June. They called to confirm that I am ready to pick-up/receive it in the month of June (info in signature).

I am speculating that they have a delivery of LR's hitting this month and they want to ensure that when they arrive in the lots on site, they are going immediately to people ready to receive them in June. Given it's 6/16, the window is probably small to get official delivered cars in June.

Ordered Pre Refresh Jan 15th. Red/black 19’s. Blank delivery since beginning except one week where it said June. No contact from Tesla since email day after ordered. Sort of feel like a late July delivery. My airplane has a yoke so I think eventually we will get used to it. But other than looking cool, can’t see any advantage to it, IMO

Make money by not paying cash

I saved for a cash purchase but with credit unions offering 1.79 or 1.99, there are SAFE/LOW risk ways to make money by not paying cash. For example. HM Bradley Bank is offering 3% return if you don’t withdraw in the quarter. Like a CD. So once my Tesla was delayed, I deposited 50K which will pay me $6000 in interest in those 4 years. In my tax bracket I will pay 40% of it. Leaving me $3600 net.
when car arrives, I will pay cash then barrow 50K from my credit union for 4 years. It will cost me 2000 in interest (net gain of $1600 for not paying 90K cash, better than zero interest loan) and also allows that 50K standing by for an unplanned emergency. Of course your financial situation would have to allow for the $1100. a month loan payment.

just an option

I am really happy to see deliveries being scheduled and VIN’s being populated, but it kinda stinks for those of us LR folks that have had orders in for 1/2 year+ now and still no word. (A couple have heard so hopefully it’ll start to trickle to some of us others) 😏
I can feel your pain as I’m on the same boat.

No personal offense but someone ordering a Plaid on June 12 getting VINs whereas people who ordered LR waiting for 6+ months have no words for delivery? 🤷🏽‍♂

I'm definitely cancelling my order if I don't get the car by the end of this month.