Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plaid assuming?
Yes, Plaid. To be honest, I think it's kinda bull*sugar* for the many who put their order in well before mine. I ordered mine in late May. That said, I sold my MX in January to buy a new one; I ordered the MX in January; got yanked around forever; canceled the order; jumped back into the fray with the MS and here we are. So, overall, I feel that there is appropriate Karmic balance....

I think it's clear that supply chain is dictating what they can produce and they are trying to fulfill the highest margin and/or most available vehicle. I also suspect the demand may be lower than we all think, as at least a few of us with VIN's ordered very recently. It makes me wonder what the demand level in Plaid+ was. If the deposits simply weren't enough to support the R&D, maybe it seemed wise to Tesla to simplify their focus?

In any case, I just have one question before I take delivery: Does the car have XM?

I'm Kidding!!!!!!!!

Hugo Veronica is very helpful and he'll return your call if you leave a VM.
He's a Tesla Advisor in Freemont and he should be able to help you.
(510) 602--6048

I spoke to him earlier, and he gave me confidence that June could still easily happen (even with no delivery date lol.)
Why you giving out this dude's number? Hopefully you asked if you could. Best thing is to point people to +1-888-518-3752 enter your zip code and they'll connect you to your local store. This Hugo dude is just any other SA.

Why you giving out this dude's number? Hopefully you asked if you could. Best thing is to point people to +1-888-518-3752 enter your zip code and they'll connect you to your local store. This Hugo dude is just any other SA.
The dude said he'd be happy to help other TMC members. And the 888 number is annoying. It connects you to a local store and then no one answers.

Yes, Plaid. To be honest, I think it's kinda bull*sugar* for the many who put their order in well before mine. I ordered mine in late May. That said, I sold my MX in January to buy a new one; I ordered the MX in January; got yanked around forever; canceled the order; jumped back into the fray with the MS and here we are. So, overall, I feel that there is appropriate Karmic balance....

I think it's clear that supply chain is dictating what they can produce and they are trying to fulfill the highest margin and/or most available vehicle. I also suspect the demand may be lower than we all think, as at least a few of us with VIN's ordered very recently. It makes me wonder what the demand level in Plaid+ was. If the deposits simply weren't enough to support the R&D, maybe it seemed wise to Tesla to simplify their focus?

In any case, I just have one question before I take delivery: Does the car have XM?

I'm Kidding!!!!!!!!
Agree on the demand. Overall MS demand is not that of a high volume car. Most people want SUVs, the Y is popular for Tesla, most don’t spend this much $ even for a LR model, etc. something like an Audi A7/S7 sells like 3,000 units all year these days.

Mostly due to wider, sticker rubber, not aero.
I know the wider contact patch makes a big difference with the additional drag, but has anyone done range comparisons with aero hubcaps on and off?

Edit: I just looked it up on the Model 3. Car and Driver tested this and it looks like aero hubcaps increased range at 50mph by 10 miles. So, the additional drag from wider and softer tires is definitely a larger factor.

BD40DDD0-A585-40BF-B328-1FCA89BB61D2.png

Last edited:
Not really. In fact automakers typically do something like this. Business with high end product with high demand if a contract isn't set for a specific date and time, will absolutely rearrange things for a higher paying customer than that lesser paying customer until a contract with an agreed to time and date has been placed. You have a reservation. Even those with tickets with a date and time can be oversold and other VIP guests or passengers or whatever can push lower cost ticket holders out of line.

"A friend of mine" just tried to place an order for the new mid engine Corvette, all went well
until he hit "order" and was redirected to many offers from dealers with prices at least $20K over list price.
(Pass, he will wait until things settle down and spend some of the saved bucks and take delivery
at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green enjoy a tour of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail before the trip home.)
He is looking forward taking that Horse out for weekend rides.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
"A friend of mine" just tried to place an order for the new mid engine Corvette, all went well
until he hit "order" and was redirected to many offers from dealers with prices at least $20K over list price.
(Pass, he will wait until things settle down and spend some of the saved bucks and take delivery
at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green enjoy a tour of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail before the trip home.)
He is looking forward taking that Horse out for weekend rides.
It will be years before the Corvette market stabilizes. They just shut down production for the remaining year...AGAIN. This C8 looks stunning but it's too slow for my liking.

" . . . in the toilet lately . . . " means it is on sale, and it's the time to buy.

Sadly, another example of just how poor our educational system is--there is next to zero education on how to invest in disruptive companies.

Recommend you begin with SMR's "Solving the Money Problem," David Lee's "Investing," and Rob Mauer's "Tesla Daily Podcast, " as all are on YouTube.
Actually, truly uneducated people make assumptions about people they don’t know (and certainly don’t know the finances and investment portfolio and gains of). Most would agree if you own shares in TSLA as well as AMZN, AAPL, NVDA, FB, SQ and dozens more (and all bought at significantly lower levels than current), you’re likely doing quite well. So perhaps you should just stick to what you actually know about yourself instead of making foolish and uneducated assumptions about other people?

No offense but I have no idea who those people you mentioned are nor do I care. My money and how I pay for my $146k MS Plaid and all my other vehicles are nobody’s business. I certainly didn’t solicit your financial advice dude nor would I.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
Is the anybody in here from east coast who already got the VIN number of their new Tesla Plaid and waiting for delivery in the near future?
I just talked with representative from Tesla about my order and they told me that east coast has faster delivery dates then west coast.
I am waiting for my Plaid in Florida.
I wonder if this information is true?
Except I still don’t have any estimated delivery after March - July - June 1-30, August - blank (no date). Awaiting my MS Plaid - white w/ white/black/cf, 21” wheels & FSD. South Florida. Expecting August delivery or July…if I’m super lucky!?!?!?

Reactions: Drew-MS
I know the wider contact patch makes a big difference with the additional drag, but has anyone done range comparisons with aero hubcaps on and off?

Edit: I just looked it up on the Model 3. Car and Driver tested this and it looks like aero hubcaps increased range at 50mph by 10 miles. So, the additional drag from tires is definitely a larger factor.

View attachment 674163

I recall watching a few videos on the topic and there was a slight difference. In my opinion, the wheels look much better without the Aerocaps, so I would only use them for long distance.

Draggy… new fangled gadgets that need satellites. Any of you old timers got a G-Tech sitting in a drawer somewhere. If you really want a shock Google G-Tech Pro(the current model) and check out the contact page and the name of the company that has been making them since 1995

Attachments

• 245B39B4-6443-43B1-A1F6-FBF501BF6692.jpeg
    245B39B4-6443-43B1-A1F6-FBF501BF6692.jpeg
    407.2 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• 1jcch37tjo571.jpg
    1jcch37tjo571.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 63
  • gn2xn47tjo571.jpg
    gn2xn47tjo571.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 61
  • l8jz837tjo571.jpg
    l8jz837tjo571.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 66
Hugo Veronica is very helpful and he'll return your call if you leave a VM.
He's a Tesla Advisor in Freemont and he should be able to help you.
(510) 602--6048

I spoke to him earlier, and he gave me confidence that June could still easily happen (even with no delivery date lol.)
Does it matter that I'm on the east coast? My SA in DC has been MIA for several months doesn't respond to calls or texts .Ive been relegated to call other showrooms to just get conflicting info from other SAs

Since he is in freemont does he have better info than others? I may give him call tomorrow