Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH, yah its fine, im used to it now. I guess my only compliant is I cant drive with my knees anymore, which honestly I did often haha

People were worried about how to make turns, u-turns ect.... its fine you get used to it really fast.

So you have not hit any puppies, school buses or tress while driving the yoke? Meteors have not hit the earth while driving the yoke? There have been no signs of the apocalypses while driving the yoke? No? Just checking...

The June delivery date update this morning made me break my vow to not check my status for a week. Now I am back to checking every 30 minutes. This is all triggered by a canned Tesla email I got this morning asking me to Prepare for Delivery.

image.jpeg

and you can visually see that the "mean" g's on the plain plaid is lower, like less than 1. And with drag+cheetah your "mean" g's is above 1, in spite of the fact you indicated that the surface was not as good as the plaid only launches. great stuff!
Yeah--the initial slope of the acceleration curve as well as the higher peak, plus the slope of the speed curve is a bit steeper.

Hey @omarsultan would it be possible for you to do another yoke driving video after one week of ownership? Lots of people still very concerned. Seeing the learning curve of yoke driving might put some people at ease. Maybe some casual driving and backing into a parking spot too.
On the to-do list for today

The June estimate only shows up once in a while on my pre-refresh 2020 order. My other LR order (exactly same config) placed on 01/27 never got a date so far. Some SA told me a couple of weeks ago that having no date is actually better than a future placeholder like August/September. Hmm...the many mysteries of Tesla logistics.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
When in dragstrip mode, will the car let you launch before “cheetah mode” finishes lowering?
Yes--I'll try and film the sequence, but once to do the set-up with the pedals (press brake, the press accelerator), the cat tells you it is lowering the front, but you can launch (let off the brake) at any time.

I stand corrected on the tilt representation. But does anyone disagree that the screen looks to tight to the dash to have a meaningful tilt?
Is is in there pretty darn snug--no play between screen and the dash--if it does tilt, it is going to need to be a precision mechanism other I'd imagine it will start damaging the dash material.

If they reach out to me to change to Ebony wood vs CF, I might take them up on it... I originally wanted wood but only had the option for CF when I ordered... but the CF looks so nice in @Atomadam 's pics I think I'm gonna keep it
When my car "converted" from a Plaid+ to a Plaid, my trim changed from Wood to CF. I had/have no ability to change it back in my portal. When I called to change it, they said my order would be re-priced and I would see an additional $10K-20K. Not happy about that.