Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The PWS is awful. Our 2021 Model Y has it, but our 2020 Y doesn’t. Coming from 4 previous Tesla’s that were completely silent, the PWS was surprisingly unexpected. The day we brought the car home - I scheduled a service appointment because of the awful sound the car was making, and they told me that was normal because it was just the PWS. Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to honk at pedestrians if they don’t see or hear me coming.

Last edited:
The PWS is awful. Our 2021 Model Y has it, but our 2020 Y doesn’t. Coming from 4 previous Tesla’s that were completely silent, the PWS was surprisingly unexpected. The day we brought the car home - I scheduled a service appointment because of the awful sound the car was making, and they told me that was normal because it was just the PWS. Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to honk at pedestrians if they don’t see or hear me coming.
Not your fault if the speaker was somehow accidentally unplugged.

Not a CPA, although the wife is a CMA. But if other states offer a partial credit, isn't that worth looking into?
Fair enough, but CA tax is beyond ludicrous, bad jk...
So if I pay CA tax, yes NY would provide me with a sales tax credit which is nice. However, I’d still pay CA several percent more than I would pay in NY 🤨.
I’m pretty sure NY wouldn’t give me a credit for the entire tax I paid to CA.
Seems like a pretty bad deal tbh 🤔
If the tax rates were the same, then no issue.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I said that in my first post. Some states offer a tax credit which would offset the CA sales tax. That's different from CA exempting sales tax from a vehicle that was taken possession of in CA. Which you are required to pay sales tax. This same sales tax scheme is why Amazon almost pulled out of CA completely. Sales tax and CA are not friends. The state is bankrupt. It's gotta do something to keep afloat.
I need to correct your statement re California being bankrupt. It has a $75 Billion budget surplus.
California has a staggering $75.7B budget surplus

EOQ. Elon digs volume.

I’ll be happy to contribute to EOQ. Just need my delivery estimate to change from June 30-July 14 to June 30-June 30 😎

Elon makes his quarterly plea to employees to ask them to go “all out” the next 2 weeks to maximize deliveries! Let’s hope it works!

I typically like his videos but there has been a whole lot of ‘clickbait’ on yuotube lately regarding plaid.
No bait, only math. For me, it was nice getting the “real” numbers broken down so I can understand just how special the Plaid is going to be without the delusional marketing numbers. Of course, @omarsultan has already given us that real world taste too 😎

No bait, only math. For me, it was nice getting the “real” numbers broken down so I can understand just how special the Plaid is going to be without the delusional marketing numbers. Of course, @omarsultan has already given us that real world taste too 😎
True.. since you haven’t yet read the MT article, you should read it when you have a chance. It’s mostly positive overall. Not all perfect (brakes) but a good review.

This might be useful for the acceleration discussion:

Looks like very old prepped surface (motortrend posted a video on twitter). Dragtimes (on YouTube) ordered a newly prepped dragstrip few months ago to get the WR for the Mclaren 765LT. He might do that again when he get the Plaid. Could find a few hundred of a second with better surface.

To compare with other vehicles you just need to run them at same conditions. That is how this works.

So far Model S Plaid is (0-60 mph):
1.98 - with rollout on prep
2.07 - with rollout on street surface
2.28 - without rollout on street surface
2.45 - without rollout on street surface, no launch control or preconditioning.

Pick a million dollar vehicle and anyone of the above conditions, and good luck beating the Tesla Model S Plaid 👍

Sorry if I missed this… did you already receive a VIN? Not seeing a lot of deliveries for LRs on the east coast… so trying to see if there is a glimmer of hope to receive one within the next 3-4 weeks… particularly for those of us that originally ordered in 2020.
No vin and no date. Sorry

edit: I’m showing July as of this morning.

Last edited:
the car is a freak of nature....in a good way. for those of us who can't get enough speed (like me 😁) , it will be interesting to see how we can further enhance performance with light weight rims/tire combos or other weight reduction options. looking forward to hearing more about the track package that will be offered! Will we be able to get this plaid into the 8's?
I'm just hoping the 10 lbs per corner less rim weight of my current rims will offset their likely less aerodynamic efficiency. I can not stand that "thud" feel of heavy rims/tires. I know, I know the sprung to unsprung ratio is still good given the car is a pig but I can still feel the difference, know the difference is there and can not get over it. It is either change the rims or therapy.

Last edited:
Waiting for Tesla to deliver a vehicle is like waiting for the ice cream truck as a kid. It’s frustrating, takes forever, you know you’re gonna be super excited when it happens, and you couldn’t be happier when you finally get a treat!

But, once we could drive and had a better option than an ice cream truck, we never waited or went back 🍦
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typically like his videos but there has been a whole lot of ‘clickbait’ on yuotube lately regarding plaid.

I don't get the point of this video. Why does he fault Tesla for using a 60 ft roll out and call it shady? At least they put an asterisk beside the number on their web site, because GM, Ford, and others do not. 60 ft. roll out is assumed here in the US (unfortunately). So really, we are really arguing about semantics here in terms of 0-60. Having 2 different definitions of 0-60 is causing the majority of this confusion, imho.

I do get the point about the VHT, but the fact that MT got a 2.07 0-60 mph shows that the car can do it it under 2 seconds on an unprepped surface.. How probable remains to be seen. The problem I have with the video is that he is making an argument from physics that just does not hold up and rather states things as an absolute. Clearly not the case as indicated by the 2.07 number MT achieved. Also is that he tried to justify his technical argument by saying there is no way the car could accelerate harder than it could break. Well he was wrong on that and motor trend even brought point out.

I am more wondering about the advertised 155 mph trap speed than the 0-60 times. Was the 155 mph really a plaid+ number? Haven't seen anyone close to that yet (Leno, MT, ...). At the end of the day it really comes down to nothing is really near as fast especially at this price point, as others have pointed out.

Last edited:
This might be useful for the acceleration discussion:

Looks like very old prepped surface (motortrend posted a video on twitter). Dragtimes (on YouTube) ordered a newly prepped dragstrip few months ago to get the WR for the Mclaren 765LT. He might do that again when he get the Plaid. Could find a few hundred of a second with better surface.

To compare with other vehicles you just need to run them at same conditions. That is how this works.

So far Model S Plaid is (0-60 mph):
1.98 - with rollout on prep
2.07 - with rollout on street surface
2.28 - without rollout on street surface
2.45 - without rollout on street surface, no launch control or preconditioning.

Pick a million dollar vehicle and anyone of the above conditions, and good luck beating the Tesla Model S Plaid 👍
Exactly, and you hit the nail on the head.

Compare this to a Bugatti Chiron with 1500 HP: The Plaid even beats this 60-130 mph!

Last edited: