Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is still available if your referral code is linked to your order number. Did you use your referral code when you placed the order?

If you didn't, just email [email protected] with your RN number in the subject field and give them the referral code you would like to link to your order.
I don't honestly remember, but I ordered while logged into my existing Tesla account.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't honestly remember, but I ordered while logged into my existing Tesla account.
That won’t do it. You have to place the order through your referral link. Just send them an email.

You can see if you have any outstanding referrals on order by going into your Tesla app and clicking the treasure box in the upper right hand corner. Then click my referrals and see if you have any orders

Watching the latest Gabeincal video makes me concerned a bit. If the rollout of the refresh is starting to roll, why are there still a large number of cars sitting in that extended storage area? It doesn't appear any have moved and while I have previously noted that some parts seem to be missing (driver's IP in particular) is this something that can be rectified by a team quickly in order to get them into owners hands?

I'm also wondering about where the Model X sits in all of this. I'm seeing a few of them - again it's unclear whether these are the same test mules, initial production or the start of full production. If they are the same test mules then they're just getting moved around a fair bit. If, as Musk/Tesla have suggested that X production will begin a month after the S, when should we start seeing production en masse - July (so I would assume)?
Maybe those cars are waiting for CF trim 🤷‍♂️

It’s amazing how incredibly bad Tesla is at releasing new cars. Last year I went through this with the Model Y. I got the Y because I didn’t want the S until the refresh. Now I’m going through the same silliness again waiting on the Plaid delivery. All that to say it’s worth waiting.
In fairness, a lot of car companies are having issues at the moment. Parts shortages, chips, etc. At least they started deliveries 🤩

This is still available if your referral code is linked to your order number. Did you use your referral code when you placed the order?

If you didn't, just email [email protected] with your RN number in the subject field and give them the referral code you would like to link to your order.
Thank you. Note sent.

I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it. Anyhow, just a heads up to those of you awaiting deliveries especially on the East Coast that the cars are indeed coming soon.
Nice one, also Mt Kisco, MS LR, early February order, Est Del has been blank for over 3 weeks, you have given me a ray of hope. Cheers.

@dhanson865 So you gave me the thumbs down because you know the battery in the Plaid is the 4680 cell?

No, I have you the thumbs down because you used false logic.

"Yeah I wondered the same thing, however they are definitely not the 4680 cells as the range is not the 520 miles mentioned months ago."

You can use 4680 cells in any quantity so looking at the range doesn't tell you what cells are involved.

If you need an example the Model S has had 60, 70, 75, 80, 90, 100 kWh packs (not in that order chronologically) and all had the same 18650 cells.

Saying a car can't have 4680 cells if the range isn't 520 miles is false logic.

Whatever the current range of a Model S LR or Plaid is they could achieve that range with any cell type 18650, 2170, or 4680.

Last edited:
Unless the C8 Z06 comes out and it's doing 2.5s 0-60 mph (with roll-out so the number looks more impressive 😁 ). But I doubt that car will be out for a while as GM is really struggling with part shortages. The car to watch for in a few years is the "E Ray" which will be an electrified vette.
But hybrid; which I think is pointless. But just my opinion…it’s either fully electric or not.

No, I have you the thumbs down because you used false logic.

You can use 4680 cells in any quantity so looking at the range doesn't tell you what cells are involved.

If you need an example the Model S has had 40, 60, 70, 75, 80, 90, 100 kWh packs (not in that order chronologically) and all had the same 18650 cells.

Saying a car can't have 4680 cells if the range isn't 520 miles is false logic.

Whatever the current range of a Model S LR or Plaid is they could achieve that range with any cell type 18650, 2170, or 4680.
Good point - I stand corrected with the "false logic".

What I should have said is that it is highly unlikely to be the 4680 cell simply because this battery is setup as a structural battery pack and the Model S chassis has not yet been redesigned to accommodate a structural battery pack

Good news from the road… I’m currently driving from Santa Monica > Bay Area to deliver my M3P to its new owner and have already seen three trucks full of Teslas on the I-5. And 7 of the vehicles were Model S.
Update; five trucks and 10 S! I’ve always seen a lot of trucks on this route but this is ridiculous. End of quarter ftw

Good news from the road… I’m currently driving from Santa Monica > Bay Area to deliver my M3P to its new owner and have already seen three trucks full of Teslas on the I-5. And 7 of the vehicles were Model S.
One day spotting a 2021+ S/X wouldn’t be an event to report. For now spotting a Red LR with white interior is like spotting a Tasmanian tiger.