Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today received my wall connector from Teslaā€¦. Now just please give me a VIN and send my car šŸ™šŸ™

Attachments

• E5A014F1-A46E-497E-9953-34C7D8167C70.jpeg
    E5A014F1-A46E-497E-9953-34C7D8167C70.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 87
Went back to June. I donā€™t understand why the **** they put dates they canā€™t match. Happy Fatherā€™s Day to all btw lol..
To **** with us. Per my experience they assign a canned placeholder delivery date to encourage folks to complete their reservation steps. Their data must tell them that conversion rates are high with folks completing their profiles in the first 24-48 hours. Once that happens after a nightly job run the placeholder date if within 2 weeks goes blank.

Went back to June. I donā€™t understand why the **** they put dates they canā€™t match. Happy Fatherā€™s Day to all btw lol..

Yes, Happy Fathers Day to you fathers. I took my father to a baseball game in our suite. I will be honest though - I keep checking here and account. This is truly a sickness.

Any photos of the new, AGP-sourced window glass from the edge ie can we see that it is dual-layered?
I am hoping I can have them not install my front plate frame from the outset.

Beautiful car!

The four I saw all had the front license plate holders already installed at the factory
My favorite part about the C8 is all the buttons next to the cup holder. I will never understand this decision.
View attachment 675561
Not to mention getting in and out of that thing on a daily basis
3656E644-6BF0-4700-B72A-601764370BB8.jpeg

Last edited:
To **** with us. Per my experience they assign a canned placeholder delivery date to encourage folks to complete their reservation steps. Their data must tell them that conversion rates are high with folks completing their profiles in the first 24-48 hours. Once that happens after a nightly job run the placeholder date if within 2 weeks goes blank.
Are you suggesting that a date that goes from June XX -XX to blank is within 2 weeks of delivery? Iā€™m hoping! Not sure Iā€™m reading that correctly.

Are you suggesting that a date that goes from June XX -XX to blank is within 2 weeks of delivery? Iā€™m hoping! Not sure Iā€™m reading that correctly.
I did experience exactly this during my last Tesla purchase in December. A date range to blank to VIN. Iā€™m really hoping for that again this time!

Just a theory. If you place say a Plaid order now the delivery date most probably will say June (Mine did with White/CF interior šŸ¤”). I completed all the steps and the next morning the date disappeared. If the date were say August there is a better chance of that to stick for at least a few more weeks.
I still think having no date is better. Again, just a theory to push this thread past #3000 pages

Did you happen to notice if any had the 19ā€ wheels on them? I am thinking there is some delay with the 19ā€ wheels.
As someone who also ordered with the tempest wheels, I am sad to report only one spotted, though i def may have missed some details when counting. The one I saw stood out because it had the silver tempest covers, which I assumed werenā€™t being delivered to customers, since they arenā€™t on the website anymore.

Today received my wall connector from Teslaā€¦. Now just please give me a VIN and send my car šŸ™šŸ™
I bought mine and had it Installed for my supposed February delivery. Have a nice green light greeting me every time I pull my ICE vehicle I to garage.

as a matter of fact, I went to Porsche dealer to check out taycan electric. Nice but not great. Almost pulled the trigger on a 911 targa but wife was nagging me ā€œ you already spent 500 for connector and 2500ā€ getting that damned thing installed. Iā€™m happy she was with me as I really do want the S. But it was tempting. Had a targa many years ago and really loved it. A true sports car.

I know used car market conditions are crazy, but Iā€™m selling my M3P for $1800 less than it cost me in December 2018. In the end it will have cost me $50/mo to own the car for 2.5 years and 28k miles.

edit: December 2018 not 2019. Where does the time go?
Youā€™re telling me you think youā€™ll be able to sell a 3 year old vehicle for more than it cost brand new?
Wow used market must be hotter than I thought.

I bought mine and had it Installed for my supposed February delivery. Have a nice green light greeting me every time I pull my ICE vehicle I to garage.

as a matter of fact, I went to Porsche dealer to check out taycan electric. Nice but not great. Almost pulled the trigger on a 911 targa but wife was nagging me ā€œ you already spent 500 for connector and 2500ā€ getting that damned thing installed. Iā€™m happy she was with me as I really do want the S. But it was tempting. Had a targa many years ago and really loved it. A true sports car.
I got quoted 400$ to install it