Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens to those of us who don’t make the current EOQ cut? Do we automatically default to EOQ3 and a September delivery?

Since MSes are not yet shipping out of NA, am I correct to assume deliveries could potentially continue through July and August ?
Yeah production will die off after Q2 and then it’ll stall out and they’ll ramp back up last second before end of Q3 😅

My order is suspect for a June delivery because of the red paint. LR orders are getting VINs, but there have been zero pictures, videos, or delivery information for people with red.

Still letting it ride…

View attachment 675651
Yup, red paint here too. I’m all in at this point because I sold my car just last Friday 😂 Still have my wife’s car so I’m not too stressed out…

Tesla Lottery!! Feel like I hit The Tesla Lottery.. I ordered in February A LR, Blue, Cream, Wood, Arachnids. No delivery date. Last Friday night I ordered same specs in Plaid. And I am taking Delivery Tuesday!! My S/A confirmed my car is in town but no one allowed to see it until engineers from CA fly in to inspect!!. So Excited!
Why do they need "engineers" to fly in from CA to "inspect the vehicle?" 🤔 Isn't that what the local Tesla SC is supposed to do...inspect & prep the vehicle for delivery? Seems a bit sketchy to me.

The Plaid
Tesla Lottery!! Feel like I hit The Tesla Lottery.. I ordered in February A LR, Blue, Cream, Wood, Arachnids. No delivery date. Last Friday night I ordered same specs in Plaid. And I am taking Delivery Tuesday!! My S/A confirmed my car is in town but no one allowed to see it until engineers from CA fly in to inspect!!. So Excited!
Happy for you but WTF?

1624231496073.gif

Why do they need "engineers" to fly in from CA to "inspect the vehicle?" 🤔 Isn't that what the local Tesla SC is supposed to do...inspect & prep the vehicle for delivery? Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Yes Very Sketchy. I spoke to amanager and they said it is locked in a service bay and NO ONE can see it until they get in and do the 101 point inspection because. They wouldn’t even let me come out and look at it. Really messed up

Yes Very Sketchy. I spoke to amanager and they said it is locked in a service bay and NO ONE can see it until they get in and do the 101 point inspection because. They wouldn’t even let me come out and look at it. Really messed up
Okay, but I wouldn't prepay for it if I were you; go there with a bank cashier's check or all the paperwork for your loan or whatever. Also -- maybe call just before your appt to see if you can even go pick it up that day; something doesn't sounds right if the mgr told you all that (which I'm surprised that he even told you that strange info about that particular MS Plaid). Definitely doesn't sound right to me.

Hi all. I am picking up my blue Model S Plaid on Wednesday and I am both excited and nervous. I have a Model 3 Performance and will be trading it in for the new whip but I am wondering, aside from having a small payment again, what I will miss about my old car. I am guessing the nimbleness and tossability may be it. But for those that have had both or have driven both, let me know what you think. Thanks. :) BTW first post here and have been lurking for a while. :)

Hi all. I am picking up my blue Model S Plaid on Wednesday and I am both excited and nervous. I have a Model 3 Performance and will be trading it in for the new whip but I am wondering, aside from having a small payment again, what I will miss about my old car. I am guessing the nimbleness and tossability may be it. But for those that have had both or have driven both, let me know what you think. Thanks. :) BTW first post here and have been lurking for a while. :)
Congratulations! Welcome to the thread!🙂

Yeah production will die off after Q2 and then it’ll stall out and they’ll ramp back up last second before end of Q3 😅
Point taken. 😊 I was speaking generally from perspective of what Tesla seems to do for MY and M3 production where NA deliveries don’t really seem to happen in any meaningful volume in anything except the last month of a quarter. Then again, that’s just conjecture on my part.

Congrats! You did win the lottery, but it costed you $50k 😂

Last edited:
Where are you located?