Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN! Got an email yesterday afternoon that a VIN has been assigned to my account - I logged in and sure enough, there is now a VIN under my registration with a delivery date of this week.

Got a call from Tesla today confirming that they will have my Model S in the showroom on Wednesday and I should be able to pick it up late this week or early next.

RN1144 - Model S LR - Midnight Silver Metallic with Cream Interior
just to ask - where are you collecting from?

Got a phone call from Tesla before 2PM EST, wasn't Elon on the line (again).

1. Seems like the guy was telling me a Plaid would come to me in FL during August if my order could be changed from Black interior/CF to Black interior/Wood. It sounded like the guy was inferring that the order would be coming later than August if I kept my CF interior option.

2. Confirmed that if I wanted to cancel my Plaid order (originally Plaid+ converted over the weekend to Plaid) online, it would say $100 non-refundable deposit but actually I would for sure get my entire $1k deposit refunded. Still on the fence though as I wanted that juicy 500mi range.

Not true; depends on what you consider to be too high in fees. So, what's the worst that can happen...he list it as a Buy It Now for $49k instead of $48k? Gosh, no reason to be cheap on these things...just sell the damn car and get as much as you can, period. I actually sold my GT-R and Porsche Macan Turbo on eBay and did fairly well with both compared with what all the local dealers, CarMax, Vroom and the others offered.
DRINK!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣;)

eBay and Paypal fees will be murderous for anyone selling their car online lol I know eBay and Paypal charge separately too. I don't think that is a very viable option to sell your car especially if you're not a dealer.

That’s not really the case. It’s $95 for the eBay fee for their best package. PayPal charges a percentage but the entire vehicle would not be paid that way anyway. It should not be any more than a couple hundred dollar affair at the highest.

I don’t care either way, but just want to make note that eBay is in fact a viable selling platform, I’ve used it many times.
We've sold a few vehicles on eBay over the past 3 years. While the fees have varied each time, they aren't that high.

For the most recent vehicle that I sold on eBay two weeks ago, it had a set $55 listing fee. The deposit paid by the buyer was sent directly to me by eBay via ACH so there were absolutely $0 in Paypal fees.

$55 (total fees paid) to sell a Model 3 Performance was not "murderous".

Got a phone call from Tesla before 2PM EST, wasn't Elon on the line (again).

1. Seems like the guy was telling me a Plaid would come to me in FL during August if my order could be changed from Black interior/CF to Black interior/Wood. It sounded like the guy was inferring that the order would be coming later than August if I kept my CF interior option.

2. Confirmed that if I wanted to cancel my Plaid order (originally Plaid+ converted over the weekend to Plaid) online, it would say $100 non-refundable deposit but actually I would for sure get my entire $1k deposit refunded. Still on the fence though as I wanted that juicy 500mi range.
Where are you in FL and what number is everyone getting calls from? I haven't got a call yet to abandon the CF ship.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Which wheels did you order?
21" Arachnid Wheels
Great news, I'm in TX & went with MSM too! When did you order? Also, did your account show an estimated date/month before this occurred, or was it blank and you randomly got a VIN?
I ordered Jan 27, probably 15 minutes after the investor call. My account has been blank for the past 2 weeks - and showed a bunch of random dates before that (August, June, etc).
just to ask - where are you collecting from?
San Antonio, Texas

Okay so I just got some useful info from the folks at the Bloomington, IL Tesla location:

1) They are delivering their first refreshed Model S (a Long Range) on the 25th
2) All S are being sent on trucks, not trains, because so many people are waiting
3) The delivery times once you have a VIN are going to be very accurate because of item 2 above. Delivery directly by truck is generally very reliable time-wise.
4) They still believe mine will arrive before the end of the month, and I'll have the first Plaid in the area.

It's not the delays that frustrate us. It's the lack of communication.
I would agree with you there. Tough to tell people to not be critical over the process when the lack of communication is what they're complaining about. But if you have the assumption that everyone here has gone through the process of buying a ferrari or porsche than maybe the problem lies with the ability to comprehend the diversity in those purchasing the car.

Okay so I just got some useful info from the folks at the Bloomington, IL Tesla location:

1) They are delivering their first refreshed Model S (a Long Range) on the 25th
2) All S are being sent on trucks, not trains, because so many people are waiting
3) The delivery times once you have a VIN are going to be very accurate because of item 2 above. Delivery directly by truck is generally very reliable time-wise.
4) They still believe mine will arrive before the end of the month, and I'll have the first Plaid in the area.
Great work! 👍 :)

I have the same in my M3P that I picked up on June 10th. It's not annoying at all from within the car, can just barely hear it, would imagine you might not hear it at all in the S.
I wouldn't want it to be heard even from outside the car. I think it's gimmicky and unnecessary. Not a behavior indicative of the Model S.

Should be a user option in Settings, but I think the Government may be sticking their noise into it and made it a law. It was fairly easy to disable the same feature in my wife's Niro.

21" Arachnid Wheels

I ordered Jan 27, probably 15 minutes after the investor call. My account has been blank for the past 2 weeks - and showed a bunch of random dates before that (August, June, etc).

San Antonio, Texas
Ummm... are we married? I have a MSM/Cream/21" MSLR on order under hubby's name (Fred). Bae, did you run off to Texas?

Checking this forum is bad for my mental health. I ordered a LR May 1 because I need the car by the end of November (end of my current lease). Even though this means I probably shouldn't start obsessing until September at the earliest, I am constantly refreshing my account page and am frustrated with not having a meaningless delivery estimate show up on my account when others who ordered after me are getting their meaningless delivery estimates.

I'm just venting because now that deliveries have actually started, I irrationally want the car ASAP instead of at my current car's lease end. I want to blame the hot used car market which shows that I will make a decent amount of money buying out my lease (from Carvana/Shift/Vroom) but it's just my lack of patience.

Good luck everyone.

Translation needed in a text received back from Tesla when asked why they gave me a VIN/delivery and took it away on Saturday.

Response: A routing system issue was taken place. You're VIN will be assigned asap.

Is "asap" better than Elon "soon"? I then asked if the June delivery was still happening and ..................................

I was planning to go with a set of previous-gen arachnids I have, but they're 21x8.5 and 21x9 (245, 265 respectively). Certainly would limit my 0-60 time though haha.
I had Arachnids on my P100D and I was hoping to use em on the refresh. Unfortunately, the prior gen Arachnids aren’t wide enough.
I agree. I plan to go 265 all the way around on 20's and see if I can get some additional range
265 may not be wide enough on the 10.5" rear rims.