Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how long it is going to take (measured by owners receiving their cars) to have someone NOT like something about the car apart from the funky wheel. Could it be that Tesla actually took the time to deliver a car with fit and finish up to a reasonable standard? That would be a nice wow if true.

I've taken delivery of several as well as accompanying several friends during their delivery. None of those cars were a match to the Plaid I saw (from the outside only) at the Service Center yesterday. It's only one data point but impressive none the less.

Regarding comparison of the model s to other cars, I was visiting my grandparents this past weekend and someone had a Bentley parked outside their condo building. I had been concerned about finding a place to charge and my grandpa said, "see, if you had bought one of these you wouldn't have to worry about where to charge it." I responded, "yeah but the Tesla is much faster!"

I'm curious how long it is going to take (measured by owners receiving their cars) to have someone NOT like something about the car apart from the funky wheel. Could it be that Tesla actually took the time to deliver a car with fit and finish up to a reasonable standard? That would be a nice wow if true.

I've taken delivery of several as well as accompanying several friends during their delivery. None of those cars were a match to the Plaid I saw (from the outside only) at the Service Center yesterday. It's only one data point but impressive none the less.

Tesla has taken much of the excitement out of getting the car due to me waiting 5 months without a date or communication. I am ready to objectively look at it and realize it is not a perfect car and there will be things I will dislike. I am ok with it not being a perfect car - this wait has helped lower my expectations of Tesla and has grounded me more in reality.

I am now shopping a loaded up S7 that checks a lot of the boxes as well. Same price as the S and if the S does not work soon, I can go to that and will be just as happy. Not as fast - but fast enough.

Still blank as of this AM.

Tesla has taken much of the excitement out of getting the car due to me waiting 5 months without a date or communication. I am ready to objectively look at it and realize it is not a perfect car and there will be things I will dislike. I am ok with it not being a perfect car - this wait has helped lower my expectations of Tesla and has grounded me more in reality.

I am now shopping a loaded up S7 that checks a lot of the boxes as well. Same price as the S and if the S does not work soon, I can go to that and will be just as happy. Not as fast - but fast enough.

Still blank as of this AM.
Hang in there. This will all be over soon.

Finally decided to contribute my roller coaster of an order process to the group. I’ve had nothing in terms of estimated dates until just now:

Two orders currently out there:

RN1150 ordered May - Plaid black/white int/CF/19” Tempest no FSD - June

RN1143 pre refresh January - LR black/white/19” tempest no FSD - July

Crazy to see June all of a sudden even though there’s no VINs and no actual date range, and considering it’s the 22nd already I’m not holding my breath. Not to mention the CF and white interior which didn’t seem like they were coming this soon. Again though, first time I’ve seen dates at all in this process.

Just got a text... 8pm CST.

• Model S Plaid
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 21" Arachnid Wheels
  • Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

• VIN 5YJSA1E6XMF4xxxx !!!
Now I'm excited. Delivery to Houston facility June 24-30.
What’s the next digit in the vin…it won’t help us much with tracking unless we can track batches by at least a 1000

Update: I think just this morning it went from being blank for 2 weeks to now estimated delivery June??
Ordered: 5/27
Plaid/FSD/Red/Cream/CF/Tempest 19", Southeastern PA. Originally said June, then blank for over 2 weeks, then now June.
And it’s gone. I got service unavailable when loading the car’s page and now no estimated delivery after it came back.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid