Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you tell a kid he can have ice cream in an hour and then don't give him ice cream for a few weeks, that kid is gonna be rightfully upset.

Exactly. You just proved my point. If you tell a KID, he will be upset. As an adult we are able to reason and find solutions. Either wait and be patient or get another car. It's very simple.

In the performance section of the forum, it would be cool to have a spreadsheet, like @omarsultan has for tracking cars, where we could log different draggy runs including details on environmental conditions. There we may learn some things from statistics about our car's performance.
Totally onboard with this idea!

I tried calling the Colorado Springs SC to find out info on incoming shipments and got rerouted to "central order support". The lady said my order shows as "in planning" and said to check back July 1st. She said something about they're closing out this quarter so I guess in my case blank means they're slotting me next quarter somewhere.

She also told me that they will be more flexible if you're traveling to pick up and not give away your car if you can't get it within 3 days. That was a big concern for me.

Exactly. You just proved my point. If you tell a KID, he will be upset. As an adult we are able to reason and find solutions. Either wait and be patient or get another car. It's very simple.
Are we bitching and moaning as we privileged folks wait for our new toys? Yes.
Can Tesla do better? Also yes.
Do we need moral support? Yes.

After experiencing and reading all about the Tesla delivery process I miss my Audi lol

I sold my RS7 so I had funds for the Plaid+ which was subsequently cancelled, but I'm loving my used 2014 Kia Sorento. No worries about door dings there. It already has some :p

When I purchased the Audi they gave me the exact pickup week, months in advance, and I had all of the manufacture dates. I knew the boat it was going to be on and the day it left Germany so I tracked the boat as it crossed the ocean. I watched the boat pull into Halifax NS on the live harbor cam and then knew when it got loaded onto the train. I got pics from the dealership the day it arrived on the truck before they even offloaded it.

So far with Tesla it has been WAY less exciting and more WTF lol

It’s a problem 😥

57A93256-A10A-4562-AAFB-F456FBA82E06.jpeg

This is a cop out to any problem. "Accept your circumstances, or quit." Imagine how little anything would change if the majority of people just shrugged and moved on whenever there was a problem. This was popular in the 70"s. "Love it or leave it", as in, your country is what it is and cannot get better. Just leave or accept it.

It's okay to complain. It's okay to not be happy about something. Your own advice would serve you well here. People complain on the internet. Either accept it, or don't come to the forums. See how silly that sounds? But if you truly believe in this, you can just remove yourself from the situation, instead of trying to change someone else's behavior. I don't believe you should do that, but it sounds like you believe that is the correct solution. :cool:

You and I have the exact same config, I think. My previous July estimated delivery date just went blank as well as of this morning.

Looking at the source code of my account page, it used to include:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: July"}

Now it's just:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":null}
Mine showed same thing for both having a delivery date, then blank…

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You and I have the exact same config, I think. My previous July estimated delivery date just went blank as well as of this morning.

Looking at the source code of my account page, it used to include:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: July"}

Now it's just:
Code:
"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":null}
Yeah, I'm guessing Red exterior was slated for July, CF is delivering but in short supply, and 19s are nowhere to be seen... all this adds up to "Whenever we get it, you get it shortly after" lol

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I ordered in feb, and have delivery for this friday, and an appointment was scheduled for 9am, then switched to home delivery for 9-6pm. i paid cash on tuesday and cant go pick my car up. So for those waiting for delivery it may be disappointing like mine has been. i would love to have loved to pick it up tuesday, wednesday, today or even tomorrow instead of waiting 9-6 tomorrow. Blue plaid, 21inch, wood, black interior and reservation number 1144.... This is my 6th tesla, my first was strange also, flat bed delivery to my house on feb, 8 2013 p85.

This is a cop out to any problem. "Accept your circumstances, or quit." Imagine how little anything would change if the majority of people just shrugged and moved on whenever there was a problem. This was popular in the 70"s. "Love it or leave it", as in, your country is what it is and cannot get better. Just leave or accept it.

It's okay to complain. It's okay to not be happy about something. Your own advice would serve you well here. People complain on the internet. Either accept it, or don't come to the forums. See how silly that sounds? But if you truly believe in this, you can just remove yourself from the situation, instead of trying to change someone else's behavior. I don't believe you should do that, but it sounds like you believe that is the correct solution. :cool:

I am not saying accept it or quit. I'm saying accept it or find a solution. Whining and complaining is not a solution, you will not get your car faster complaining on a forum. A solution would be to purchase a car from a brand with better communication and delivery time frames to appease you. I'm on this forum to get information about the car, deliveries and see photos.