Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the summer performance tires like the Pilot Sports wear out incredibly quickly. I’ve never gotten more than 12k miles out of them, and that adds up really quickly if you drive a lot. With the minimal amount of rain we receive here in drought country, I prefer the summer performance tires to All Seasons. You don’t really have any twisty back roads or mountain passes in South Florida, so I‘m sure you don’t really realize the full benefit of regular Pilot Sports unless you track your cars. Here, summer tires are a significant upgrade in performance.

My LR order is still Blank and both Plaid orders still say June. That is one bogus algorithm they are using to calculate delivery dates.

Depends on your driving. I have 32k miles on the PS4S on my M3Perf and they're juuuuuust hanging in there. But I do mostly highway miles.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, just got some bad news… Tesla just called me and thanked me for my March Plaid order. He then proceeded to ask if I wanted to switch to the wood trim in order to receive an earlier delivery, possibly within the next week. He said if I want to keep the CF trim I'll have to wait until AUGUST because that's when CF orders will begin. They're trying to fulfill the wood orders first and my account came up for review as one of those who could get a Plaid sooner rather than later. I pulled up the website to look at the wood trim and left him hanging for a few seconds, but held the line and said I'd wait for the CF because I rather get my Plaid the way I want it, especially for this kind of money. Nothing against the wood trim as I think it looks good, but I chose red specifically to go for a more sporty-aggressive look which I think CF would compliment more (I don't know)? Anyways, I'm super bummed now as I know I won't be getting it this month or next 😭 I was really looking forward to bringing my baby girl (due in July) home in this beautiful ride. Damn you Tesla!

Well, just got some bad news… Tesla just called me and thanked me for my March Plaid order. He then proceeded to ask if I wanted to switch to the wood trim in order to receive an earlier delivery, possibly within the next week. He said if I want to keep the CF trim I'll have to wait until AUGUST because that's when CF orders will begin. They're trying to fulfill the wood orders first and my account came up for review as one of those who could get a Plaid sooner rather than later. I pulled up the website to look at the wood trim and left him hanging for a few seconds, but held the line and said I'd wait for the CF because I rather get my Plaid the way I want it, especially for this kind of money. Nothing against the wood trim as I think it looks good, but I chose red specifically to go for a more sporty-aggressive look which I think CF would compliment more (I don't know)? Anyways, I'm super bummed now as I know I won't be getting it this month or next 😭 I was really looking forward to bringing my baby girl (due in July) home in this beautiful ride. Damn you Tesla!
This is the best news I've heard about red plaids, thanks for the hopium.

I guess one of the questions Plaid buyers are going to have to ponder is if the wood trim is going to reduce the value of their vehicle, for the lack of CF, or increase the value if and when Tesla rescinds the wood trim option.

I had the same exact choice and did exactly as you. August will be here before you know it!

Good call on waiting. I think cf looks better with red also. If you've waited this long, it's worth it to spec it exactly how you want.

In other news, I used my nonexistent google sheets query skills to make separate tabs to break out the Plaid and Long Range vehicles from the "Model S" tab. It should update dynamically as things are added to the Model S tab. I'll lock the other tabs so people don't enter things there. Enjoy. :)
Your nonexistent sheets skills are better than my best excel skill! I just wish folks wouldn't put down a future date under delivered. It feels GREAT to start seeing more than just 2 June 10th deliveries in there!

On the website it says "Ultraviolet and infrared protection on all glass".
Does anyone know what these are rated or where to find that info? Don't see it in the manual.
Besides the visual aspect of tinting it sounds like these block heat correct?
The roof is great, IMO you need tint on the side windows and hatch glass, especially with CA sun

IMO, for this kind of money, get the car you really want--no point at looking at wood trim every day and regretting it.