Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I texted my SA this morning to ask about changing from 19s to 21s and whether that would be likely to result in an earlier delivery. No response. I just messaged again saying I’d like to go ahead and make that change.

I was hesitant as I don’t like losing the range, and some people here made me nervous about the risk of damage, and it means I’ll almost certainly need to get a winter set at some point. But I do think they look a lot better, especially now that they made them darker. Guess we’ll see what happens.

Last edited:
Plaid S with white and Cf. June estimated delivery for last 3 days. They are having shortage on white seats and Cf trims so I think the estimate means nothing unless you have the vin.
True. But some do exist and when they realize they have one, being in Irvine helps your chance for EOQ delivery. Good luck.

My favorite quote from the WSJ article that came out today:

"Between bouts of awe and car sickness—Sharp Curves Next 22 Miles—the Plaid sometimes had a melancholic effect on me. Man, nothing will ever feel fast again. Every piston-powered brag must now come with an asterisk; every Cars and Coffee, a sacrament of denial."

I was originally July then blank then June then blank (for like a day) and now June 28-30 with VIN 5YJSA1E62MF435xxx
Thanks! I’m impressed that you’re our first Red Plaid VIN, but even more impressed that you’re averaging 2 posts per year 🧐 The Plaid deliveries are bringing everyone to TMC, gotta love it! 🤩🥳

My Model S Plaid White/White/Carbon Arachnid all of a Sudden this morning went from August delivery to a June delivery. I also got an email this morning to review my lease offer and confirm the terms with a link to my Tesla Account. When I log on there isn’t anywhere I can see to confirm….

Attachments

• C7C30FF7-76C6-4536-935A-8B232D19B594.png
    C7C30FF7-76C6-4536-935A-8B232D19B594.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
So, my MS LR, MSM with white/black interior, FSD and 19" has been steady at August for months, I was tempted to change the 19 to 21" so I went to "edit" my car and it then said September-October so I did not make the change, Would I have better luck if I called someone? I can wait if it is really August but I'd love to get the car in July.

is the "edit" button still available? i no longer see it on my order after i used it to convert my pre refresh to refresh.

Last edited:
Plaid S with white and Cf. June estimated delivery for last 3 days. They are having shortage on white seats and Cf trims so I think the estimate means nothing unless you have the vin.
It's been the last 5 days for me. Would be nice to get a call on Wednesday at 11:50 pm to come down to the store and get my white interior with CF Plaid.

VIN! Red Plaid coming June 28-30!!!!!!!!
You’re in Seattle. That means Tesla realized they only have time to deliver Red Plaids to the West Coast in time for EoQ. How to do it? Easy!

1. Seattle first, it only makes sense, it has the space needle and Elon runs SpaceX
2. No place to go but down—up would mean Vancouver and you know why that won’t work
3. Oregon next, send two trucks in case one driver takes a different kind of trip
4. Southern California from there, it takes half a day to get down from Fremont, so prep the truck for Monday, first stop, @HumanInput
5. Northern California is last, no more time left in the month, so whatever local deliveries are available will happen here

How did we not see it before???

FCA51ED0-EB84-4C9F-8E56-9718A9CE398F.jpeg

Sure, it's Automobilia Auto Salon, but they are in West Haven, so a little further. Definitely worth travelling up there though. They are real pros. If you do go tell them James with the Silver Model 3 sent you. They are waiting for me to take delivery of the car so they can Tint, PPF + Ceramic coat it. They are also going to measure for some custom rims, as we don't currently know what offset etc the wheels are.

i'm in Fairfield so will also piggyback on your rec. will mention you as well. thank you