Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we have the high quality Spotify or Apple Music plans, does streaming over BT help or is that also converted to compressed?
Not likely--the BT is the weak link. There are newer, higher quality codecs available, but not sure what is implemented by Tesla, or (in my case) Apple.

I'm in love ... More photos and a review later. I am hopeful everyone starts getting VINs and deliveries soon!

Plaid BLK BLK Wood Arachnids - no FSD.

Yoke steering took me the drive home to get used to it (missed the top once out of the parking lot, that's it). It's not bad at all.

View attachment 678131
WOW - that is gorgeous

I don't mind if the 19s are summer tires as I'll probably switch to snows in the winter regardless, the thing I do worry about is possibly having to pick the car up late in the year with summer tires after the weather has turned cold.
Sales person just got back to me and said even the LR has Summer tires. I asked him if he’s 100% sure and he said - ‘Everything internally suggests all Model S, regardless of trim or wheel size, will be delivered with Summer tires. I have no official guidance as of this time other than what I am seeing.’

Just a note: when I am not logged into the forum, I see people’s sigs on my phone. When I am logged in, I do not.
Rotate your phone into landscape mode. Just like they did to the Model S screen.
845AA350-1D11-4923-B2DA-4D462910E511.png
15F19EE4-2612-4E0A-B96C-371BDF6AD7A4.png

I can see that--you know how Tesla loves their simplified supply chain. It will be interesting to see what they do in the fall. Delivering cars with summer tires in December is gonna make for some headlines. :)
All this talk about summer and winter tires. Winter is all of about 3 hours on a random Wednesday in South Texas. Not concerned 😊

The forgotten and buggy USB source is really the only real way for High-Quality audio. Is FLAC still supported?
In theory, yes. I can play FLAC files on my wife's X with no problems. There appears to be a buy in the implementation on the refresh--sees the files bu getting a load error. Playing MP4s fine--which are still better than the other options.

I've been following these forums since the refresh news came out and decided to make an account because it looks like I am one of the luckier ones so far (if nothing changes).

2021 - Model S Long Range - Solid Black - 21" Arachnid Wheels - All Black Premium - Interior with Ebony Décor - Yoke Steering - Autopilot (No FSD) - Ordered 1/29/21 (RN - 1144XXXXX)

Delivery Date Status: this weekend! They told me the car is already here, just waiting on the tags.

Things moved quickly for me. I was checking the Tesla website daily for a couple of months with absolutely no updates (June delivery date appeared once or twice, then disappeared completely for the last few weeks). Saw the VIN number assigned on Monday when I was randomly checking the website, no delivery date. Then the delivery date was updated to June 27-30, then it was changed to June 22-26 on the same day I think. Took care of the financing/insurance issues by Tues/Wed. Finalized everything today. Taking delivery in the next few days. I am beyond ecstatic!

I will say my wife and I have been pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from Tesla (and not the actual delay itself--that was somewhat anticipated). Hopefully the car more than makes up for it.

Good luck, everybody!

Picked it up this AM! The process was relatively smooth, and the ride was smoother! This is my first car purchase in over a decade, and the new upgrade has been a long time coming! My wife had some small doubts initially (while still supporting the purchase) but has been wholly sold; she drove behind me on the way home, and we took it out for a good spin. This car is amazing! Even the Tesla rep was excited for us.

Haven't had time to take pictures, but it's similar to the post above with the all black. There were some small imperfections/stains on the driver side door paneling that may be fixed in the future, but I'm not worried about it at all. Just happy to have it.

Sales person just got back to me and said even the LR has Summer tires. I asked him if he’s 100% sure and he said - ‘Everything internally suggests all Model S, regardless of trim or wheel size, will be delivered with Summer tires. I have no official guidance as of this time other than what I am seeing.’
I’m going to try running with Pirelli P Zero high performance all seasons when I get my refreshed LR, as I not only want to use them year round here in NC weather, but I also want to avoid the soft summer rubber compound that wears so quickly. But will be interesting to see if the harder rubber compound of the all seasons will be sticky enough to avoid slippage in Insane mode or during launches.

Last edited:
Thanks, we’ll see if it actually happens that way but it is specifically what was offered.
and he also mentioned 19’s will not be shipping until at least the middle of next month.
Middle of July is fine with me! I was worried it'd be even longer. Great news.

Switched to the 21” finally reflected tonight and got a VIN almost immediately this evening for a white/black/21” in San Diego. Taking delivery Monday!!
So this morning, my VIN disappeared but my delivery appointment is still there. My SA and people are trying to figure it out and said they’ll let me know an update by the end of the day. 🤦🏻‍♂️