Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re in Seattle. That means Tesla realized they only have time to deliver Red Plaids to the West Coast in time for EoQ. How to do it? Easy!

1. Seattle first, it only makes sense, it has the space needle and Elon runs SpaceX
2. No place to go but down—up would mean Vancouver and you know why that won’t work
3. Oregon next, send two trucks in case one driver takes a different kind of trip
4. Southern California from there, it takes half a day to get down from Fremont, so prep the truck for Monday, first stop, @HumanInput
5. Northern California is last, no more time left in the month, so whatever local deliveries are available will happen here

How did we not see it before???

View attachment 677485
this is a great point. All of the streaming services (in my opinion, especially streaming over cellullar) are marginal at best. Cant blame the audio system for poor quality input.

GIGO was the old saying..
Tidal is the streaming service of audiophiles

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just got notified that my 2021 Model S Long Range will be ready for pick up on June 30. Two days ago delivery was estimated for August so I was in no hurry to prepare for it. Now I need to sell my 2019 Model S with 16,500 miles quickly. Do you have suggestions on where to advertise it?
I used Carvana--great price and quick

It’s so odd. Do we really think Tesla was not anticipating the amount of White interior orders?
Yeah, it's insane. And we all know they sell a crap ton of white interior in their cars. I think they were anticipating and even have the material for it but they're busy pumping 3 and Y with that material. After all it's been Tesla's story to *sugar* on customers who are paying twice as much for their cars and give them less for more. Oh well, it's like beating a dead horse. Won't change a thing. Now this crap is starting to really piss me off.

Does anybody in South Florida have VIN assigned? I feel so unloved, my SvC says none have arrived in Miami.
Got my VIN about a week and a half ago. I had an initial delivery of June 26 - 30, changed that day to June 18 - 26. Set up delivery for last Tuesday, canceled. Had delivery set up last week, but was canceled as they said they have to change the wheels. Tentative delivery Wednesday I hope

Yeah, it's insane. And we all know they sell a crap ton of white interior in their cars. I think they were anticipating and even have the material for it but they're busy pumping 3 and Y with that material. After all it's been Tesla's story to *sugar* on customers who are paying twice as much for their cars and give them less for more. Oh well, it's like beating a dead horse. Won't change a thing. Now this crap is starting to really piss me off.
it's odd, isn't it. I haven't seen any white on white deliveries happen either LR or Plaid beyond the event.

I’m not sure the LR will carry its power like plaid. The carbon sleeved rotors is what allows the plaid to keep winding at high rpms plus it has 3 of them. Without that I assume the LR falls off just like the previous MS’s. If it did carry its power like plaid there wouldn’t be almost a whole second in 0-60 times. Also the $50k in difference probably has a lot to do with the carbon sleeved rotors and the machine they had to make for it. CF is expensive and the power difference between LR and Plaid is substantial. LR is still very fast, plaid is just very very fast. Next level.

You are discounting the batteries. There is a reason Tesla is advertising both trims as doing back to back 1/4 mile runs. The Plaid just holds more power overall. The carbon sleeves allows that higher power. The LR motors will hold the power curve just the LR curve will be lower than the Plaid.

If that kind of performance is the priority, then yes the Plaid would be a better choice. The LR will probably go faster - or even get a boost - than 3.1 and those two (LR and M3P) and are negligibly close. The 3 and S are avocadoes and cumquats comparison in all other areas.

Keep in mind Tesla states that the M3P is 3.1 (with rollout subtracted) and LR is 3.1 (without rollout subtracted).

Btw that m3p time includes roll out the LR model s does not. So the LR model s is like .6s faster.

Do you have me on ignore? 🤣

You are discounting the batteries. There is a reason Tesla is advertising both trims as doing back to back 1/4 mile runs. The Plaid just holds more power overall. The carbon sleeves allows that higher power. The LR motors will hold the power curve just the LR curve will be lower than the Plaid.
@Hayseed_MS, please see these posts I made a while ago: :)

Don't wanna downvote you. :)