Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are the old ones. If you look in the Tesla manual it shows these tires. I found a photo somewhere.
I'm not sure what I think of them. They kind of remind me of hor'd'oevre forks. LOL
View attachment 678411
This are the Gemini rims under the caps on the 3 and Y. I do not think they’re going to put the same Gemini rims on the S as they do the 3 and Y. For as strange as Tesla is, they DO try to differentiate between their more premium cars and the “entry level” ones.

Those are the old ones. If you look in the Tesla manual it shows these wheels under the 19 caps.. I found a photo somewhere.
I'm not sure what I think of them. They kind of remind me of hor'd'oevre forks. LOL
View attachment 678411
youre right it could be that as well.

looks like crab claws rotating. either way both are fugly imo.

This are the Gemini rims under the caps on the 3 and Y. I do not think they’re going to put the same Gemini rims on the S as they do the 3 and Y. For as strange as Tesla is, they DO try to differentiate between their more premium cars and the “entry level” ones.
Well if that's the case they look extremely similar to what is in the new Tesla Model S manual. (Bottom wheels are front and back)
pulse-image-1624808147390.jpg

pulse-image-1624807472814.jpg

What date did you change from cf to wood? If you ordered on 2/3 but made the change on 06/01, then I’m pretty sure 06/01 is the relevant date.
That is correct. My original order date was 5/10. But I switched to wood from CF and now it shows in my order agreement a 6/18 order date, accepted electronically. So when they switched the trim, it moved my order date in the system. The Fremont rep that called for me to switch from CF to wood said this was the case as well. Essentially like placing a brand new order.

Took this picture last week on an LR and Plaid in Ft Myers, Fl at the SC. 19s have Pirelli P ZERO. 21 in have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S.
Interesting as those are a. All season tire I believe.
That 19” tire appears to be a summer tire. The Pirelli on tire rack in 255-45-19 with a 280 UTQG is a summer tire.
Edit: lol the pic of the 19” on the Tesla shows it’s a PZero (PZ4).. 100% a summer tire.

Attachments

• 2F7B732F-16FB-4C2A-8E29-487824BB097F.png
    2F7B732F-16FB-4C2A-8E29-487824BB097F.png
    808.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That is correct. My original order date was 5/10. But I switched to wood from CF and now it shows in my order agreement a 6/18 order date, accepted electronically. So when they switched the trim, it moved my order date in the system. The Fremont rep that called for me to switch from CF to wood said this was the case as well. Essentially like placing a brand new order.
I ordered my MS in January, then the rep called to inform me of the price increase in February. Once I accepted the terms, it showed as a late Feb order, but I am getting my car tomorrow, so it did not go to the back of the line. I hope this helps.

I didn't realize this. I asked specifically if this would change my reservation number and the SA said no. He knew what my concern was, but didn't bother to mention this would change my order date. Apparently my order date changed from 25 April to 23 June when I changed the rims. I'm pretty angry right now.

I was thinking about starting a new thread for this, but I will be looking for 19" rims for winter. Should I wait for people to sell their 19s? Look for tsportline options when they come out? How do I know what specs to look for when buying wheels? Normally this isn't something I mess with.

I’m going to wait and see what Tsportline comes out with for an all season option, just in case.

I was thinking about starting a new thread for this, but I will be looking for 19" rims for winter. Should I wait for people to sell their 19s? Look for tsportline options when they come out? How do I know what specs to look for when buying wheels? Normally this isn't something I mess with.
TSPORTLINE will have you covered. They know their sh*t.

I’m not a motorhead so I’m going to ask a somewhat rookie Q.

in order to get torque vectoring for the plaid, does the suspension differ from LR?

I’m assuming both have air suspension?

And if you order the 19 vs 21” wheels, is the suspension any different in any way? (Lower for 21”) brakes, etc. Much like the P3D vs stealth P3D/AWD suspension/brakes.

Hey guys!! would like opinion on this. Picked up the Plaid Friday. it is the most expensive car I ever bought. There is this small imperfection on the steering wheel. SHould I get this replaced? What is your experience with things like this on this level of a care
Definitely would want it taken care of but I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s not the end of the world. Just cover it with something black so you don’t have to be reminded of it everyday 🤣

I would have gladly paid for a 19" upgrade similar to arachnids. That would have been my preference. I just didn't want to buy a new car and then deal with the hassle of buying aftermarket wheels. I honestly think Tesla intentionally did not want the standard 19" wheels to look great just so people would upgrade..
It might just be me but the Tempest wheels are a turn off. I am paying almost 100K for a car. want to be thrilled every time I walk into garage

I don’t think that is true at all. I think the Tempests, especially the dark gray ones, are the best looking aero caps they make. None of the aero caps look nearly as good as nice rims like the Arachnids, but they’re never going to.

The design of the covers is basically the same as the Gemini style they’ve had for a while now on the Y and on the 3P winter set. I like them better than the aero covers on the standard 3 wheels, and I think the dark gray make them even better (or “less bad”).

I’d love to see some newer even better aero cap designs, but I’m sure that’s not easy to come up with. Maybe if they put more emphasis on having a nice looking rim underneath so you can run without the covers most of the time, that would be a nice compromise. I don’t think anyone has seen the latest Tempest/Cardenio wheels without the covers (or at all other than the order page mock-ups).

My wife's Y, ordered Mar 2019 but pushed back once since her X lease ends in a few days, went from July 9-24 to September. It did that the day after she extended her lease by one month.

My S remains at August due to my triple whammy of white interior, CF, and 19" wheels.
That's not bad. I have the same configuration and mine is blank.

I don’t think that is true at all. I think the Tempests, especially the dark gray ones, are the best looking aero caps they make. None of the aero caps look nearly as good as nice rims like the Arachnids, but they’re never going to.

The design of the covers is basically the same as the Gemini style they’ve had for a while now on the Y and on the 3P winter set. I like them better than the aero covers on the standard 3 wheels, and I think the dark gray make them even better (or “less bad”).

I’d love to see some newer even better aero cap designs, but I’m sure that’s not easy to come up with. Maybe if they put more emphasis on having a nice looking rim underneath so you can run without the covers most of the time, that would be a nice compromise. I don’t think anyone has seen the latest Tempest/Cardenio wheels without the covers (or at all other than the order page mock-ups).
Someone posted a pic recently of a powder coated 19” and it looked pretty nice. That could be an option for those that want to keep the 19s. If I were to keep the 19s, that’s what I would do and I’d only use the aero caps for long trips. However, I still want TSportline 20s.

I didn't realize this. I asked specifically if this would change my reservation number and the SA said no. He knew what my concern was, but didn't bother to mention this would change my order date. Apparently my order date changed from 25 April to 23 June when I changed the rims. I'm pretty angry right now.
Did they keep you at the original pricing ?

Yup you’re correct since the order date is more important than the RN number. The SA probably didn’t realize the RN number stays the same BUT the date changes so you’re right to be upset about it.

What date did you change from cf to wood? If you ordered on 2/3 but made the change on 06/01, then I’m pretty sure 06/01 is the relevant date.

I think the RN number matters, not the order date. The order date in the order agreement updates when you make most any change, but it doesn’t seem to matter so long as your RN stays the same.