Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not everyone likes the same thing, I don’t like Fords but I don’t give Ford owners a bad time. I really doubt I can talk my wife out of getting another Chevy Bolt. She had a Spark and then a Bolt (just ended it’s lease). 6 years 0 issues(which negates the advantage of 4 dealers/services within 15 miles). Even I have to admit her car was far easier to maneuver in the city and park. She is a little mean at time when we are washing the cars and she points out the flaws in my Model S paint and I could not find any on her 3x less expensive car. The new Bolt is out the door at $30k and that’s with no federal tax credit. I went to college but I can’t frame a good argument for her going with a model Y given the price difference. 0-60 in 6 seconds is plenty fast enough for her(honestly for almost everyone in normal traffic)
Accepting practicality isn’t the same as pining with desire.

Ordered the day new model s was announced. Had a delivery appointment for today and got a call this morning informing me the car hasn’t been loaded onto a truck yet. Hopefully will get mine tomorrow or Wednesday
It’s just so upsetting to hear things like that. Like there’s no quality assurance? No checks and balances? Picking up a car should not inconvenience your schedule for several days. Inexcusable.

Loved my black on black MB C63 AMG I had, but gosh it was HOT here in S FL; no more black cars for me. Too difficult to keep clean, swirl marks, and way too hot in S FL. White is it for me, white/black/carbon fiber interior w/ 21" arachnid wheels. 😎 Thank you for the info. I'm excited for everyone to get their MS Plaid and LR vehicles, here in S FL and everywhere...just wish I would get a VIN soon to take delivery in July instead of Aug...been waiting since 2/5/21 BUT I know it's going to happen whenever it happens, lol.

A beautiful MSM Plaid was delivered in Tampa today. There was a FB post and I believe that was the first in the Bay Area (East coast Bay Area, lol).

I feel frustrated for you guys/gals who ordered last year or early this year who still don’t have your cars. There have been a number of May/June orders that have been delivered. It just ain’t fair.
They for sure didn't have to pony up that extra 10k$....there is always that. That's a good chunk of cash.

The same thing happened with the model 3 and likely will too with the Cybertruck.

But the good news for those that ordered early, you saved money. You just may not get your cars first. By the end of the summer when you do have your vehicles, will you wish you had the cars sooner or saved 10-12k?
I don’t mind waiting another 3-7 weeks to save the $10k. 😉

Very informative thread. Haven't been on in years. I have been too busy driving my 2014 P85 with 107,000 miles. I still giggle every mile I drive and was like most of you reserving the Plaid+. I waited a several days before I placed the plaid order and June has gone away and delivery is now blank. Thanks for all the comments as it has made me more excited to continuously check the order page and look for updates. Being 70 makes me yearn for more CHROME but with some of the comments here, just maybe I will like the chrome out option. I had my polished wheels months before the P85 since I waited almost 6 months for it. Picking it up, it was surrounded with cars with the first version of autopilot. My vin was 49903 so just missed it .. but didn't miss it at all. Thanks again for all the comments and updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 P85 - White | Fabric | Piano |
2021 MS PLAID - Pearl White exterior | White/White/Carbon Fiber interior | 21" Arachnid Wheels | FSD
You have nice taste in ext color/interior/option combination, haha. Look at my signature…same build in MS Plaid. 😉. Will be interesting to see who gets it first. My bet is on you, lol. 😜

• Funny
Reactions: Maximus023
You have nice taste in ext color/interior/option combination, haha. Look at my signature…same build in MS Plaid. 😉. Will be interesting to see who gets it first. My bet is on you, lol.
I have driven my P85 to the Naples Supercharger 3 times from Phoenix. OH the places they put those superchargers. 😜 I WAS in no hurry for delivery until I found this thread. Now I can't wait. I will keep the P85. Love the sunroof option, sorry to see it go though. Phoenix is closer, but not sure who will be first since we will miss the 2nd quarter numbers. If you don't have one yet, I hope you are first. I get to drive mine on Interstate 10 everyday to the golf course. What a way to start the day. Bogeys are not an issue when you get to drive such a machine everyday. This coming from a 35 year GM employee. Always had the most powerful from GM, they can not compare. Good luck sflagator!!

2014 P85 - White | Fabric | Piano |
2021 MS PLAID - Pearl White exterior | White/White/Carbon Fiber interior | 21" Arachnid Wheels | FSD