Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be a little aggressive, but I’m guessing early 10s at 130 on a prepped surface. And with someone like Situation Plaid behind the wheel lol 😍🤩
Don’t think it will trap @ 130mph. But I guess we’ll see some numbers soon and find out. My (E85) GT-R with 700HP/TQ and nice 1.6sec 60’ launches ran 1/4 mi in 10.2 sec @ 136mph. Quite the beast but I’m not sure even the new refresh MS LR with < 700HP/TQ can hold the power like the Plaid does through the 1/4 mi (and further).

Personally, I'm expecting.... (please don't kill me with downvotes).. low low 11s, or maybe
10.9 at maybe 120 mph. That would make the LR substantially faster than the M3P, but without encroaching on the Plaid's territory.
(M3P is like 11.6 at 116 mph)
The good news is we will have the answers very soon. It just seems clear the new battery tech in both refresh is a big factor regarding performance.

What’s your build and delivery location?

I’ve got one reservation that I already swapped to 21 a week ago and so far no love on that. I’m considering swapping my other reservation over to 21 as well because the f****** wait is killing me!
Ordered on March 10
Black/white/21’s/no fsd LR
I live about 15 mins from
the Fremont factory.

Tesla delivered my black/black 21" today. Delivery went perfectly except for 2 spots in the rear where fabric is peeling off and needs to be reglued. They should have cought that.

Otherwise car is great. It took me 10 minutes to get used to the yolk. Im still figuring out the rest of the tech as this is my first Tesla.

My only complaint is Im using close to 400wh/mi highway when I should be around 200. That gives me a range of under 200 miles. I had the air on and was accelerating a bit but not driving crazy. Any ideas how to increase my range?
First rule of Tesla BEV, never use the brakes.
Second rule of Tesla BEV, never use the brakes.

I found the range learning curve was heavily dependent upon learning to one pedal drive. ICE teaches you to keep your foot on the accelerator comping up to a stop then lifting and braking with some authority. This is what those around you expect and, in the absence of it, they will get upset and try to dive in front of you.

With my MS', I seldom if ever use the brakes apart from coming to a full stop. Every so often I will intentionally use them to keep the the light dusting of rust off of them so that they react quickly when you need them. (let the dust over and try to use them quickly just once - the resulting panic will keep you from ever making that mistake again). I have found that I can accelerate as I like away from a light (hard but not launch hard) and it has near zero affect on my range provided I use one pedal driving and regen. My lifetime WHr/mile has been anywhere from 280-330 depending upon car variant. That is in S. FL with warm temperature and flat ground - ideal for BEV.

Hi. I am having some delivery delays in my opinion I shouldnt be so far back in line. I ordered plaid plus 3-5 min after Elon said you can order now back in September 2020 on battery day. My spec is blue, wood, 21” with black interior so all parts should br in stock. I have the old price at about $125k base which is good but wanted a plaid plus. Qustion: Is there equity in this car if I buy and resell? I see them listed at near $200k but doubt anyone is paying anywhere near that. I heard from SC yesterday they are making 1600 units a month which is not a “rare” car to justify huge over msrp markup. I could see it worth 10k over sticker right now but July/August. I guess i will cancel and see if a plaid plus with aero, bigger brakes, more unique features comes out. I don’t really see the value of regular Plaid. I wanted the beast we saw at Laguna with spoilers and major high performance parts testing with 520 mile range too.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid