Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN was definitely assigned before the vehicle was in transit
So, everyone...correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as if all these VINs are in fact assigned at the delivery center and NOT by the Fremont factory, correct? All these people who get VINs assigned also schedule delivery for a day or two later, so it only makes sense that VINs are assigned at your local Tesla SC/Delivery Centers that already have the vehicles there on their lots, correct?s

Ugh. I'm loving every single interior I see online from customers. This cream with wood looks so luxurious! It's making it so hard to believe in my order!
Damn it!!! I wish i saw this type of pic of how nice the wood looks with cream. Crap! Damn, Hell, Poop, and Damn it again. Son of a.....

Horse Poop
Dog Poop
Cat Poop
Bird......

I'm happy to see at least one VIN for red assigned!
And I'm a few blocks from the pickup, they said they needed about an hour to finish detailing (I was 3 hours early due to a safety factor in my flight schedule). Will have it soon. Enjoying some German libations to kill time.

20210629_113926.jpg

Not me, I think there are some unmatched owners/vins being shipped out but the process I went through felt more coordinated. Received an e-mail Requesting payment, made payment, system updated with a Vin and a few hours later a text to schedule delivery. I have had been from my SC call me to move around delivery.
Not understanding the "Pay Before You Inspect the Vehicle and Accept Delivery" thing; I'm bringing a Bank Cashier's Check to the delivery...not planning to pay online beforehand...thought that's an option? If so, how does one "receive a VIN, accept delivery"but not pay until after seeing the vehicle, inspecting it and then sign all the PA docs? @omarsultan @Atomadam @bmt00 And @ anyone else who's already taken delivery and not paid upfront for a $100k+ vehicle they haven't seen yet?

Reactions: VikH
And I'm a few blocks from the pickup, they said they needed about an hour to finish detailing (I was 3 hours early due to a safety factor in my flight schedule). Will have it soon. Enjoying some German libations to kill time.

View attachment 679322
Mahlzeit, you know the drill we need some pics ASAP. Enjoy the experience well deserved.

Not understanding the "Pay Before You Inspect the Vehicle and Accept Delivery" thing; I'm bringing a Bank Cashier's Check to the delivery...not planning to pay online beforehand...thought that's an option? If so, how does one "receive a VIN, accept delivery"but not pay until after seeing the vehicle, inspecting it and then sign all the PA docs? @omarsultan @Atomadam @bmt00 And @ anyone else who's already taken delivery and not paid upfront for a $100k+ vehicle they haven't seen yet?
I paid upfront because I bet the cars at the event would be as good as they are going to get.

You can do the Plaid thing at the store once you inspect the vehicle--log into your bank via Plaid and transfer the funds once you are satisfied. I was not sure if I was gong to get my VIN in time to do the wire transfer, but the guy I chatted with assured my I could pay by personal check--I assume they just pull the routing and account numbers of the check and initiate a funds verification/transfer.

After the experience I went through, paying for the car in mid June, having 2 last minute cancellations and the run around, and now my new car is already headed a body shop, with no timeline as to when I’ll receive it, I would have done a bank check. Not sure what your options are however. Good luck!

I paid upfront because I bet the cars at the event would be as good as they are going to get.

You can do the Plaid thing at the store once you inspect the vehicle--log into your bank via Plaid and transfer the funds once you are satisfied. I was not sure if I was gong to get my VIN in time to do the wire transfer, but the guy I chatted with assured my I could pay by personal check--I assume they just pull the routing and account numbers of the check and initiate a funds verification/transfer.
According to the Tesla website, the buyer can make the final payment by Bank Cashier's Check at the time of delivery; I just don't want my VIN to be held up by the final payment which I plan to hand to them after inspecting the vehicle at the time of delivery. Ordering a Tesla

I agree, I had not done that before but figured if there was an issue, they would fix it. I am bringing the car in to be PPF’d on Thursday so even if there are any minor imperfections in the paint, that will get corrected quickly.

still not sure of the process. I would think factory produces, allocates via VIN to SC, then delivers. If someone refuses to take it, SCs can reallocate to their customer base. According to my SC, they can't allocate something to me from another location but can assign me anything a customer refuses to take delivery for.
Yes, i am guessing I am getting a car that someone was not able to pickup. From blank to pickup car tomorrow in 20 min. Getting thru all the paperwork and money movement was painless tho. It was email notification to phone call to scheduling all very fast.

Congrats! Curious to know, long long did it take between getting a VIN assigned to having a firm delivery date?
email, to call to delivery date all within @20 min. I use USAA, so applying for a loan and updating insurance took 10 min and was done between the email and the phone call. Just happened to fall on my lunch break.

Damn it!!! I wish i saw this type of pic of how nice the wood looks with cream. Crap! Damn, Hell, Poop, and Damn it again. Son of a.....

Horse Poop
Dog Poop
Cat Poop
Bird......
I thought the white was really sharp when I test drove the 3 and Y - and was told the vegan "leather" was super easy to clean - that cream and wood look outstanding as well. At this point, I could seriously be happy in any color, any interior, but I "require" 19" wheels. Color-wise, I don't think there's a bad choice in the bunch. Not sure if red is as bright as it appears, my preference is more of a maroon, but I can't imagine being unhappy with any of the color combos.

The cars on the lot are probably sitting due to parts shortages.. CF, 19s, etc..

A few weeks ago, I offered to pick up my car in CA, no one got back to me. Last week, feeling desperate, called again and said I’ll eat the tax difference between CA and NY.. still waiting 🥱.. blaming the 19” shitt show
FWIW I paid $2k to ship my last car by carrier from Oregon to New Jersey - might have saved a few dollars flying out and driving it back (but between gas, hotel rooms, etc. maybe not that much) but it would have been about 5 days. I figured I'd love it, maybe road trip with a buddy and get to learn about my new car. When I was tracking the route, and wondering where things were, I saw snow storms in the Midwest, etc. - and realized how bad a drive that would have been. Shudder. But, I was incredibly anxious for the car I'm now driving, and probably at least as anxious for this new bad boy!

According to the Tesla website, the buyer can make the final payment by Bank Cashier's Check at the time of delivery; I just don't want my VIN to be held up by the final payment which I plan to hand to them after inspecting the vehicle at the time of delivery. Ordering a Tesla
The beauty of a lease is I just don't care that much - I sweated scratches to my current beast I own, and I was rear ended which shows up on carfax and will cost me thousands when I sell - with the lease, "scratch, smatch" - as long as I don't have to pay for it at the end of the day (if I can compound out, or if SC sees and fixes on delivery). Takes a lot of the pressure off.

Took delivery of my Plaid yesterday. It's absolutely amazing. So happy with my purchase. It's an engineering marvel and work of art at the same time.

I'm actually enjoying the yoke. It's just really fun. The turn signals as buttons is taking a some getting used to though.

My one gripe is that Tesla apparently did away with the option to turn creep on. I had not seen that reported on the forum yet, but maybe I just missed it.